1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by earfonia, May 2, 2015.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. fumoffuXx
    i dont know what angled pads are lol

2. travis-bickle
    angled
      angled_black_velour.jpg
    non-angled
    brainwavz_hm5_002.jpg

3. fumoffuXx
    i see, if the diameter and circumference is the same i dont see why it cant fit? :xf_eek:

4. Pokemonn
    I guess, angled pads are not suitable for R70x. because R70x driver? can't swivel well.

5. Ra97oR
    Rather the R70X comes pre angled with the mounting doing the actual angling, not the differing pad thickness.

6. travis-bickle
    thanks a lot @ all. i think you're right. the angled version wouldnt be a good fit and the inner width is about 1cm smaller than at the straight ones. I've ordered today and should get the pads at the end of the week. will report back about comfort and sound.

7. Draulius
    Can someone here who has listened to both the R70x and AD2000x tell me how their soundstage compares? I really liked the R70x but felt like the soundstage lacked depth, so I was hoping the AD2000x might have a larger soundstage.

pjyi likes this.
  8. pjyi
    BTW would m50x velour pads fit?

9. Pokemonn

I did compare them before, please read post #328 of this thread.
    R70x is better on naturalness.

10. Draulius
    I saw that, I was wondering if there were any other comparisons though. Sorry.

Pokemonn likes this.
  11. oakbloke
    Does anybody know if any other headphones use the same twist/lock 2.5mm connectors? I am planning on getting a pair of R70x but want to switch to a shorter cable. Thanks!

12. earfonia

So far I don't any other headphone that use the same pinouts as the R70x 2.5mm TRS wiring. Most headphone will use the tip or the 2.5mm jack for both left and right drivers, but R70x is different. The left driver use the 'tip', while the right driver uses the 'ring' part of the 2.5mm jack. So, though other cable with 2.5mm twist and lock might fit R70x, but the wiring might not be compatible.

13. oakbloke
    Wow, sounds like I will have to wait for cables to start being made specifically for the R70x. Thanks for the reply!

14. Pokemonn
  15. Asr

Neither the R70x or the AD2KX had much of a soundstage, to my ears at least. And back when I compared the AD2KX to the original AD2K, I thought the original AD2K had more soundstage depth. I can't help but think you're probably better off with something else completely, though I'm not sure what.

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last