1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by earfonia, May 2, 2015.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. 214324
    From the GoldenEars Korea measurements it seems pretty flat for FR and isn't lacking in bass at all. Hm...

It seems like they're intended to be used together based off of your review, with the R70x being the natural one for listening to end product and the M70x for more critical work.

2. twister6 Contributor

M70x is NOT for listening pleasure, that's for sure.

3. Johnlist
    Can someone compare AKG Q701 and ATH-R70x, I am mostly interested bass tightness and speed

Thanks

4. Hal X
    I would like  a comparison between R70x and HD600 , since they both appear to be very neutral.

5. 214324

earfonia likes this.
  6. Hal X
    Thanks! Could somebody who owns both compare bass/subbass and midrange/vocals oh HD600 and r70x? And maybe soundstage?

7. Pokemonn

I did A/B testing. HD600s soundstage is wider than R70x. but R70x sound stage is natural for me.
    R70x's bass is almost same as HD600. but my test may not reliable. lol

8. earfonia

Thanks! 
    Which one sounds warmer to you?
    To my memory HD600 sounds warmer, but my memory might not be accurate.

9. Pokemonn

You are welcome!
    For me, R70x are little bit warmer than HD600. HD600 sounds crispy and sharp. but I guess that real sound doesn't sound crispy and sharp...
    I feel HD600 is not natural for me.

10. earfonia

Noted thanks!
    Rather different than what I remember, anyway our ears do interpret headphone sound differently.

11. travis-bickle
    ok here is my short update. beyerdynamic pads dont fit. phat-pad-mod helps, but needs further testing with longer listening sessions to be sure it eliminates the comfort-problem

12. earfonia

Noted! Any picture for the phat-pad-mod? Tx!

13. Beagle

It IS natural, but if you like everything warm and fuzzy, go for it [​IMG]

14. Rocko1
    Very nice. I am curious about the cables you made. What did you use to prevent the wires from pulling away from the plug? Epoxy?

15. Beagle
    Thanks Rocko1...beautiful job, great pics! [​IMG]

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last