Audio-Technica ATH-ON3 @ Focalprice, genuine?
Feb 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

dyce

Head-Fier
What do you guys think? are they real? mine just shipped out yesterday. I'm hoping they live up to their words of "original". Phony that they don't mention Audio-Technica in the description though. I pulled the gun on this one because in another thread here, someone mentioned that they sell for 8 bucks in japan.

Original ATH-ON3 Seamless Headband Headphone Earphone $12.2 - Free Shipping

When mine comes in, I'll update you with pictures and SQ. I have Koss KSC-75 to compare to and Senn PXC-250s. If they turn out to be fake with horrible SQ, I'll probably end up shipping them back.

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 55
I havre a pair of the newer limited edition brown ones, i was trying to get replacement pads and had a fairly lengthy discussion with a Audio Technica dude. He said that only the white and black versions had been copied so far (this was 3 months ago) and that he doubted that they could source the coloured pleather pads for the other colours.
On a side note , they are surprisingly good for the price, better than my px200s.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 55
Any comments on the soundsignature and sound quality?

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any comments on the soundsignature and sound quality?

Good isolation
Large soundstage left-right (for a closed can)
Initially lacking in bass, improved dramatically with burn in
Great mids , a little forward but clean and detailed
Highs are a little sibilant but detailed and it does calm down as the bass improves

Overall i much preferred it to my PX200s as the soundstage is MUCH better (px200s are quite poor in this respect imo), they are more dynamic than the px200s also which i find dull and flat in comparison.
Well worth the money.

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 55
Ok, So I'll admit that I'm interested, how much did the bass improve? Day and night difference, or just a little bit? AKG K701-like or DT770-like?

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #9 of 55
Same here, I bought one out of sheer curiosity
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 55
Focalprice has been mentioned before on here, they are most likely to be fake. They are based in China.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #11 of 55
So is the factory. Probably over-production. On the otherhand, the original goes for $9, so who is to say that this one is fake?

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #12 of 55
How much better are these than iPod earbuds (if anyone actually has those anymore)? I'm about to get these for a friend, and I really hope that she'll notice a difference... Would anyone recommend these as a stylish upgrade from stock earbuds?

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #14 of 55
Ok, now about the SQ.. is it reasonable for $12 spent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back