Audio-Technica ATH-ON3 @ Focalprice, genuine?
Jul 29, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who cares if they're fake or not?
Worrying about that with a $12 headphone is just silly..

They sound good for the money, and is all that counts for me.

It's not about $12, it's about someone who is defrauding you, and a whole lot of other $12, selling a product under the name of popular brand. It's like you becoming a multimillionaire over night with a new design of headphones, then someone comes along, make the same 'looking' headphones with inferior material, uses your brand name, and your profits shoot down 20%. now work out 20% of a million. $200 dollars, because someone wants to sell a pair of fake for $12!

the problem is, focalprice deals with a lot of gear that is questionable at best, and that's a a lot of $12

Aug 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #47 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by peepee-king /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright guys, I just bought a pair off eBay with no packaging.... except everything is exactly the same as the real pair shown in this thread, opened them up to check. The adjustments move up and down with the bumpy grooves.. they don't slide. Did I get lucky? Spent $17AUD on them.

did you buy them from "aussieheadphonedealer" ??
thinking of getting a set myself.
They did have in their feedback recently "fake headphones" though

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruch182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone in the uk know a reputable place to actually buy these then? it seems that there are more fakes than genuine ones!

^^^ anyone?

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #50 of 55
So whats the verdict here on the focalprice ON3 ? ? Didn't quite catch it after reading all 4 pages.

You saying it's fake but sounds good and worth the 12 bucks (actually going to order a few at that price)

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silencer23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You saying it's fake but sounds good and worth the 12 bucks (actually going to order a few at that price)

Yes I said that.
Don't know or the quality is constant, so it's a big guess

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by blehbleh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well now that I read through that ebay post, it seems that the seller is based out of HK. So, in all his pictures, he may actually be selling fakes and posting pic's stating that the fakes are the real's! I don't know what to believe anymore!

But I feel the most suspicious thing is that they come without the retail packaging.

Edit: Uh oh, another ebay posting that posts screenshots that seem to oppose the previous one's proof of real/fake: Here

I should really ignore what people say on ebay posts. It's the first lesson in ebay101. I am such a newbie at this.

hmm just ordered mine an hour ago... from ebay from a hong kong based seller at 27 $ .. so i guess, from all the things i am reading, i should be expecting fakes ones... right?
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #54 of 55
crap this...why the adjustable of audio-technica on3 are so short ? it was difficult to wear it and just waste my money..i want to know anyone that have this, can u measure how long is the adjustable and reply my comment..i just want to make sure that mine are same as yours or mine got problem...thank you.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #55 of 55
I bought a camocador from chinabuye.com and they took just over two weeks to arrive.

Keeping one for myself but the rest are for sale if anyone wants one. Glad I got the new

model,display is excellent..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back