Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD595
Dec 1, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #32 of 36
Not everyone's going to prefer the sound from the same headphones or prefer the comfort from any one either. And, not everyone plugs their headphones into an iphone as "always learning" intends. Headphones are often found to sound different depending on what it's plugged into. 

Out of the M50, HD595, and AD700, the HD595 is the most likely to be found more comfy (and properly fitting). Personally, I think closed headphones would be a better choice from a low powered device - for a fuller sound and better bass. 

Quote:
The perceived comfort level of the 550/595 is nudging me in that direction.

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #33 of 36
No-one's mentioned the them yet so here goes - Shure SRH840. I used to own HD595's and thought they were pretty good, however my wife didn't agree! Far too much leakage for her liking. I replaced them with the Shure's about one year ago and haven't looked back. They're very comfortable, leak almost nothing (I can lie in bed next to my wife & she can't hear a thing) and, at least to me, sound way better than the Senns. When in bed I use my Cowon D2 as source which powers them well enough & at my desk I use an integrated Rotel amp which improves the sound. They're not too expensive, well built & relatively neutral in presentation. You could do worse.

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #34 of 36
I am kinda in the same boat as the OP right now except i already own the m50s an i am looking for a set of open cans for gaming, music etc.  i really want to see the difference between closed and open.   im leaning towards the 595  but i was wondering if anyone knows where to find the 120 ohm version of these?

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #35 of 36
one thumbs up for the suggestion for dt 770. closed headphones, minimum leakage, and if you are using with little or no amplification, the 32 ohms one may suit your needs perfectly. got them quite recently and they sound great. if not, sorry cant be too much of a help, feel like both the 595 and m50 are good choices.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #36 of 36
There is no reason to waste money on the 595 when you can get the 555. Its a good introduction into open phones. It's great for gaming. They no longer make 120 ohm version. The switched it to 50 ohms a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back