Audio Technica Ath-M50 compaired to SkullCandy DJ Pro?
May 31, 2011 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

renovatedpig5

New Head-Fier
I know, I know. Skullcandies are more toys than quality headphones, but I have heard the Skullcandy DJ pros and they are the best headphones I have ever got to listen to ( yes I am new to quality audio). But the SC DJ pros are the only headphones I can compare with. I have watched tons of reviews on youtube and asked a few questions on other forums and on yahoo answers. I am getting the same types of answers; great for the price, get them, and such like that. But I have also gotten some contradictory info, They have great bass - they have low bass. Get them -  don't get them, get these instead. So I decided to come here and get a more straightforward answer. I don't have allot of money to spend, about $175 (would like to spend less than $150 but would go to $175 at max). This is graduation money by the way, so I would like to keep some in the bank. What is a good price for these headphones? I see about $150 on amazon for the coiled cable which is what i will get if i do get the, but I see $100 as a fair price yet only a few used with questionable quality go for that. These would also be my first pair of "good" headphones( right now I am using a pair of 8 year old Koss headphones that only work on one side :|). P.S. I love bass and think that it should be a requirement for any headset I would purchase.Thanks for any and all help. Will let you know my final decision.

May 31, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 38
Hands down ath-m50 are better than the skullcandy dj pros... skullcandys suck in general they just have a marketing advantage like beats by dre and bose... 

also if youre looking for some good dj headphones, get the audio technica pro700mk2.. 135 on amazon,

May 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 38

Quote:
Hands down ath-m50 are better than the skullcandy dj pros... skullcandys suck in general they just have a marketing advantage like beats by dre and bose... 

also if youre looking for some good dj headphones, get the audio technica pro700mk2.. 135 on amazon,

Not necessarily looking for dj headphones, just great sound quality, good bass, and preferably portable. Basically the most bang for the buck headphones for ~$150

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #6 of 38
C'mon guys, at least try out the DJ Pros before telling him to get an alternative...

I SENSE A REVOLUTION!!! The Pro700 gets my vote if you want hard-hitting, low-riding (no Skullcandy pun intended) bass.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #7 of 38
As expected, most people started raging "LOL SKULLCANDY SUCK GET M50 BEST THING EVA". I did not vote since I have not tried the M50 yet - however I suspect a lot of you to have voted without having tried the SK Pro. You just assume since it's a Skullcandy, it's not even worth your attention, and without trying it, tell the OP to get the alternative or to get something else.

Also, you were so hasty in your need to defend the beloved M50 that you didn't even notice the OP wanted a portable. I would hardly call the M50 portable, but fine.

Anyway, the SK Pro aren't that portable and their coiled cable might be annoying. The sound was decent, with plenty of bass as expected and more detail than you'd expect from a SC headphone. They can be driven from your regular DAP pretty well. I just wouldn't walk around with those things. I suggest you look into the portable supra-aural category, since those are made for every-day travelling.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 38
One person suggested the m50 while the majority was the pro700 MK2 lol which is also the lowest priced sucker at the moment =P

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 38
get beats by dre solo they look better than skullcandy.

think about some in ear stuff too.

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #11 of 38
lol for dubstep i recommend beats
ph34r.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #13 of 38
dont care about size?

Sony xb 700    $70 on amazon.

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #15 of 38
u could, i do once in awile.  Most of the time no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back