Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #666 of 699
Hello. Has anyone compared brainwavz angled pads vs shure 940 pads? If you compared can you tell me what is the differance? I want to buy a pad for my m40x but I dont know which one is best bang for your buck?

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #669 of 699
Can someone explain the "electronic filter" in that document? What exactly is it?

2 ways to modify the ATH-M40X

A: keep it stock and use the electronic filter (doesn't change the L-R differences).

B: Use SRH-940 pads and 2mm thick felt in front of the driver. As a bonus, and oddly enough, the L-R difference seems to be much smaller as well.

Use the B method due to its added advantage

Then, open your headphone, do dynamat and polyfill mod, mentioned on the thread.

It takes away dipping and dampens artificial peaking

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #670 of 699
Its a choice between stock + electronic or ear pads and damping foam changes

I still am unclear exactly what the "electronic" or "electronic filter" is or how one gets/makes it. I am guessing someone builds it according to the plans shown on the document. Does anyone have a real life picture of the "electronic filter" they can post or point me to?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #671 of 699
I still am unclear exactly what the "electronic" or "electronic filter" is or how one gets/makes it. I am guessing someone builds it according to the plans shown on the document. Does anyone have a real life picture of the "electronic filter" they can post or point me to?
you put that circuit between headphone jack and speaker unit

but i still dont get why you want to make one, when results are same and more comfort in physical mods like 2mm foam disk and shure 940 pads

electronic circuit will require you to feed more power

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #672 of 699
you put that circuit between headphone jack and speaker unit

but i still dont get why you want to make one, when results are same and more comfort in physical mods like 2mm foam disk and shure 940 pads

electronic circuit will require you to feed more power

I don't want to make one, I was just confused over what it actually was and wanted to see an actual version of it.

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #674 of 699
Schiit is not that great...
Its okay and the tuning is good.

I mean specs are so and so.

I prefer upgraded O2 with booster board or agdr cmoy
You did the agdr recommended mods to your O2?
Did you change the potentiometer as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back