Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Oct 29, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #991 of 1,104

I reviewed the EX1 with comparisons to the GR07, RE400 and CKR9... it's in my sig.

Basically EX1 has good quality bass but less quantity and might lack slam and impact if you're going for the IM70. GR07 to me has the best tuning, just enough quantity and quality.
Mids is not EX1's strength... it's slightly recessed. IM70 (basically a CKR9 with worse treble) and GR07 easily wins this one.
Treble is airy and extended. Much further than the IM70, just as far as the GR07 but less harsh. It's my favorite treble.
Soundstage EX1 wins easily. Width, depth, imaging... top-notch. GR07 is mainly width with nearly no depth.

It's very good value for money, but if it's bass and beautiful mids you want you won't get it.

i just ordered IM70. I am using a cowon C2 and really loves its sound with 20$ ath ck505m. It is the sound quality of this cheap AT(i am not using 60$ XB90EX for the last 5 months) which tempted me to buy IM70. I am also looking to upgrade my C2 and can anybody suggest a Hi res budget DAP which sounds similar to my cowon and compliment IM70. My music files consists of mostly 16/44 flacs. And sorry for the bad english.

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #992 of 1,104
i just ordered IM70. I am using a cowon C2 and really loves its sound with 20$ ath ck505m. It is the sound quality of this cheap AT(i am not using 60$ XB90EX for the last 5 months) which tempted me to buy IM70. I am also looking to upgrade my C2 and can anybody suggest a Hi res budget DAP which sounds similar to my cowon and compliment IM70. My music files consists of mostly 16/44 flacs. And sorry for the bad english.
im70 much easier to drive than 90ex.90ex needs an amp. Im70 more balanced but has great bass.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #1,000 of 1,104
got my im70, out of the box better than my other iems. But amazon product description says it is imported from japan but on the package it is written as made in china,and the package was not sealed.sound quality is good so i think this is not fake. My other worry is that unlike my cheap ath ck505m there is no AT logo on headphone jack and cable splitter,can any body help?

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #1,001 of 1,104
got my im70, out of the box better than my other iems. But amazon product description says it is imported from japan but on the package it is written as made in china,and the package was not sealed.sound quality is good so i think this is not fake. My other worry is that unlike my cheap ath ck505m there is no AT logo on headphone jack and cable splitter,can any body help?
will need 50 hrs burn it, but I prefer the sound out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back