Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #557 of 1,104
Are you guys noticing any background hiss with these? The low 10 ohm impedance worries me.. My current IEM, the TTPOD T1-E, picks up all sorts of background noise from my Note 3, and it has an impedance of 12 ohms.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #558 of 1,104
  Are you guys noticing any background hiss with these? The low 10 ohm impedance worries me.. My current IEM, the TTPOD T1-E, picks up all sorts of background noise from my Note 3, and it has an impedance of 12 ohms.

I don't notice any unless I have it turned up. I haven't heard it on the Note 3 but I have an old S3 and I don't get any hiss on that. They are very sensitive though.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #559 of 1,104

Don't notice any on the iPhone 5S, the iPhone's Cirrus Logic DAC is pretty clean though. Is your note 3 the international version using the discrete wolfson (WM5102 i think?) DAC? or is it the US/AUS version using the on-chip qualcomm DAC?

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #560 of 1,104

Don't notice any on the iPhone 5S, the iPhone's Cirrus Logic DAC is pretty clean though. Is your note 3 the international version using the discrete wolfson (WM5102 i think?) DAC? or is it the US/AUS version using the on-chip qualcomm DAC?

Nah, I got the T-Mobile version with the Qualcomm DAC :/ I have an audio mod on it though which probably contributes to the noise. The mod is worth it though, haha.

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #561 of 1,104
I just bought the Lunashop cable for microphone and no memory wires.  I have to say that the wires do affect the headphones.  This wire is not an upgrade to the stock one, but rather it is the sound signatures that you prefer, and the fit.

Luna wires: Fast bass, tight bass with less expansion, clearer mid, less ear piercing highs, and less high extensions.  If you like Flat respond and less sound extension with clearer images, you will enjoy this.  I think the impedance of the wire is higher with less sensitivity vs stock.

Stock wires: Fas bass, tight bass with more expansion, clear mid with high extensions.  This makes the sounds more sensitive and enjoyable as "organic" or "natural" sounds.  A bit "V" shaped, but that is just fine, this is where it is enjoyable.

They are not that much of a differences, unless you really look for it.  It is all good, and but I prefer my stock cables more

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #562 of 1,104
  I just bought the Lunashop cable for microphone and no memory wires.  I have to say that the wires do affect the headphones.  This wire is not an upgrade to the stock one, but rather it is the sound signatures that you prefer, and the fit.

Luna wires: Fast bass, tight bass with less expansion, clearer mid, less ear piercing highs, and less high extensions.  If you like Flat respond and less sound extension with clearer images, you will enjoy this.  I think the impedance of the wire is higher with less sensitivity vs stock.

Stock wires: Fas bass, tight bass with more expansion, clear mid with high extensions.  This makes the sounds more sensitive and enjoyable as "organic" or "natural" sounds.  A bit "V" shaped, but that is just fine, this is where it is enjoyable.

They are not that much of a differences, unless you really look for it.  It is all good, and but I prefer my stock cables more

Which Luna cable is it copper or silver plated one? 

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4344

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4402

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #564 of 1,104
  The silver plated one.  It is also very Stiff, which makes it harder to get around your ears as the headphones were designed for

Just confused. They shouldn't be stiff as you said. @twister6 has found them softer and easier to get around your ears than the stock ones.

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #565 of 1,104

Just confused. They shouldn't be stiff as you said. @twister6 has found them softer and easier to get around your ears than the stock ones.

Yeah, I read his reviews too, and I was excited for it to come actually.  But it is too different from a soft wire and the stock memory wires.  Together with the different sound signatures. I like the stock wire better.
People can say wires don't affect the sound that much, but it actually do, as the impedance and sensitivity has changed.  Luna wires def gives it clearer sound, but that natural organic signature just became artificial X_X or probably just me

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #567 of 1,104
  Has anyone tried out this cable? Just wondering why it's that much more expensive than the others

I presume it has to do with the quality of the cable and the purity of the copper they use in the wires. Quality of the plug and connectors will also contribute to the cost of the cable.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #568 of 1,104
I presume it has to do with the quality of the cable and the purity of the copper they use in the wires. Quality of the plug and connectors will also contribute to the cost of the cable.

I see only viablue 3.5mm jack is of well known brand (but its like 2nd quality when I zoomed in),and other than that I dont see any difference in cable (physically) to the sunricky's entry level cable ($15.99 w/free intl shipping for a tf10)....link below. The DIY connectors are also available for sale seperately for <$10 thru same place....so is it worth paying that money I dont think so....

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/261399354798?redirect=mobile

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #569 of 1,104

So I assume the majority price difference is due to the cable since the 3.5mm plug featured can be bought at some $4.50 off Lunashop. Anyone knows what 5N OFC or 6N OCC stands for? Since that alone is apparently enough to warrant some $55 difference in pricing.

Edit: Nevermind, found a rather useful article here. Hmm... so I suppose nothing other than to trust the vendor that a 5N or 6N cable was used?

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #570 of 1,104
So I assume the majority price difference is due to the cable since the 3.5mm plug featured can be bought at some $4.50 off Lunashop. Anyone knows what 5N OFC or 6N OCC stands for? Since that alone is apparently enough to warrant some $55 difference in pricing.

Edit: Nevermind, found a rather useful article here. Hmm... so I suppose nothing other than to trust the vendor that a 5N or 6N cable was used?

well its all money/business.....how does the $7 philips 3580/90 sound so good? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back