Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Dec 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #571 of 1,104
well its all money/business.....how does the $7 philips 3580/90 sound so good?
rolleyes.gif

Never heard the 3580/90 but I have heard the 3500. They sound horrible. Worse than my old nokia stock earbuds which funnily enough aside from isolation is better than the Sennheiser CX-300 II I replaced them with.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #572 of 1,104
Never heard the 3580/90 but I have heard the 3500. They sound horrible. Worse than my old nokia stock earbuds which funnily enough aside from isolation is better than the Sennheiser CX-300 II I replaced them with.

its just an entry level OFC cable......has xclusive thread ,link beliw....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-how-can-something-sound-so-good-for-10

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #573 of 1,104
its just an entry level OFC cable......has xclusive thread ,link beliw....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-how-can-something-sound-so-good-for-10

oh? Searched the thread for OFC and nothing found. Either way, don't think it's that significant. Many sites I've read pretty much says it won't affect signal quality but just durability. Not to mention it's not something you can observe/test anyway. I was mostly curious what the #N and OFC and OCC stood for.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #574 of 1,104
Coming from the CKM500, I so far very disappointed with the IM70. Bass is not there at all. Having fitting issues with Sony tips. Still experimenting there. What is the burn-in period on these? As I said, so far very disappointed.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #575 of 1,104
i have a good fit using the L size tips from my tf10. much better than the stock L tips which is a tad smaller in size. 

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #577 of 1,104
  Coming from the CKM500, I so far very disappointed with the IM70. Bass is not there at all. Having fitting issues with Sony tips. Still experimenting there. What is the burn-in period on these? As I said, so far very disappointed.

No burn in. It doesn't change. Shocked to hear that, because to me the IM70 pretty much wipes the floor with the CKM500. If you're missing bass then you're definitely having fit issues because the IM70 is approaching basshead. I use Auvio tips and MH1 tips on mine. 

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #578 of 1,104

No bass? that has to be fit. UE tips work well for me...

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #579 of 1,104

No burn in. It doesn't change. Shocked to hear that, because to me the IM70 pretty much wipes the floor with the CKM500. If you're missing bass then you're definitely having fit issues because the IM70 is approaching basshead. I use Auvio tips and MH1 tips on mine. 

Yes, IM70 is considered "Bass Head" headphones.  The Bass is very well controlled, and not bleed into mid range or distorted, while it still has that "rumbles" and great low "extensions."  Perhaps that is the tip that didnt fit you too well.  I used the stock foam tips, and it is heaven

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #580 of 1,104
  Yes, IM70 is considered "Bass Head" headphones.  The Bass is very well controlled, and not bleed into mid range or distorted, while it still has that "rumbles" and great low "extensions."  Perhaps that is the tip that didnt fit you too well.  I used the stock foam tips, and it is heaven

I don't think "Bass heads" can ever be satisfied with just IEMs 
rolleyes.gif
 But yeah I think either re-evaluate your expectations - They have very good range, control and detail for bass, just won't "blow your head off" like a crazy full sized dedicated bass set up would or you're simply not getting a good fit.

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #582 of 1,104
  Just curious if anyone has paired these with the IM-70s:

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Tsx-500/

They also have plenty of others compatible geared towards isolation as well.

I was going to try them, a friend uses those on his IM50's and he really likes the signature and the isolation you get from those. Might as well jump the gun on a pair...

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #583 of 1,104
  Just curious if anyone has paired these with the IM-70s:

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Tsx-500/

They also have plenty of others compatible geared towards isolation as well.

Never tried the TSX, but I didn't like the T500 with them. The highs are already very smooth and foam tips further veil the details. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back