Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 - A Rich Man's KSC-35?
Nov 4, 2002 at 12:04 AM Post #31 of 103
rick,
are they open or closed? do they have foam pads or some kind of pleather? are they comfy, or too heavy, or pinch your ears? do they stay in place? thanks.

let's here some more adjectives about the sound too.
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 1:09 AM Post #33 of 103
You guys do realize these 'phones aren't cheap, right???
eek.gif
I thought they were in the $20-30s or something, but they're $65!

Nov 4, 2002 at 1:16 AM Post #34 of 103
RickG,
According to your impression, this AT should sound very similar to Sony MDR-E888, right?

Purk

Nov 4, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #37 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
rick,
are they open or closed? do they have foam pads or some kind of pleather? are they comfy, or too heavy, or pinch your ears? do they stay in place? thanks.

let's here some more adjectives about the sound too.
biggrin.gif

I second these queries. moreover i'd like to reiterate the comfort query. they look like they aren't too comfy. can we also see some pics of them on someone's ears/head? they look cool by themselves... i wonder how they look on somebody's head (I wonder this alot about headphones. I wish they'd include more promo shots of headphones on people's heads... and no, they don't have to be sexy girls .. ermmm... *cough* headph0ne phet1sh *cough*)

Nov 4, 2002 at 9:11 AM Post #38 of 103
Besides the cool design, i like the pouch it comes with.

Nov 4, 2002 at 9:31 AM Post #39 of 103
The ear clip on these looks very similar to my AT EQ8. They were very comfortable to wear. They sucked to listen to though. I never did figure out how to get that clip to go on another headphone. But I saved them anyway. I love those short cords. I wear a safari vest at work and stick my pcdp in one pocket and my TAH in the pocket above it. That short cord is just the right length for use with an upper pocket amp. I used the short cord from those EQ8's on my KSC50's.

These EM7's sound like the ticket for me. I think my 50's and 35's have too much bass.

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:06 PM Post #40 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
RickG
HI: Do you think they could replace the koss-35 or portapros. How are they to ware. Are they confty.

Lou, I don't feel like they could "replace" the Koss 35s or Porta Pros because they're in a different price niche. These phones cost at least twice as much as the koss phones and they don't sound similar at all.

Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
rick,

They're closed and have a soft cloth covered foam padding. I find them very comfortable. They seem to stay in place, however, I haven't jumped around much while wearing them. They are very sensitive to placement and require some "dialing in" to provide optimum sonics.

Quote:

Originally posted by purk
RickG,
According to your impression, this AT should sound very similar to Sony MDR-E888, right?

Purk

In terms of top end definition and detail retrieval, they do remind me of the MDR-E888 only with more bass extension.

Quote:

Originally posted by x1lexure
Damn you Rick...Now I want these too. But then again I guess I was warned.

LOL, x1lexure...Do not buy these phones because of my comments. All of our ears are different and you guys may not like them!

I'll continue to make some remarks as I listen over the next few days.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:20 PM Post #41 of 103
Quote:

LOL, xlexure...Do not buy these phones because of my comments. All of our ears are different and you guys may not like them!

I'll continue to make some remarks as I listen over the next few days.

smily_headphones1.gif

blah.. youre such a tease
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 1:24 PM Post #42 of 103
RickG, the teaser was enough for me, too. I've jumped on the bandwagon. I've been hoping to find something comfortable and portable that also sounds as good as these might sound.

Nov 4, 2002 at 4:12 PM Post #43 of 103
Count me in, too. I just ordered a pair.

Nov 4, 2002 at 9:16 PM Post #45 of 103
You know, those really are some hot headphones. I've been getting strange looks wearing my V6 out and about ... maybe I'll have to pick up a pair.

kerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back