Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 - A Rich Man's KSC-35?
Nov 7, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #76 of 103
Quote:

If there's a drawback to these phones or the 35s, it's the hassle of putting them on.

Thanks for posting that info, Rick. Up until that point in the thread, I was ready to head over to Audiocubes and push the "order" button. The last thing I need is another pain in the ass clip-on. I love the sound of the KSC-35s, but I rarely use them because of the hassle in putting them on. You just saved me 60 bucks.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #77 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Thanks for posting that info, Rick. Up until that point in the thread, I was ready to head over to Audiocubes and push the "order" button. The last thing I need is another pain in the ass clip-on. I love the sound of the KSC-35s, but I rarely use them because of the hassle in putting them on. You just saved me 60 bucks.
biggrin.gif

Lend me your ears
biggrin.gif
The 35s go right on, so I figured the ATs would too... And actually you're up $75, shipping's $10 You can try mine, my order's currently processing
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #78 of 103
Now that I understand the "mechanics" of these phones, they are actually easy to wear. There's a method for putting them on which you'll discover after playing with them for a while.

I now like them even more!

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #79 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Now that I understand the "mechanics" of these phones, they are actually easy to wear. There's a method for putting them on which you'll discover after playing with them for a while.

I now like them even more!

smily_headphones1.gif

This method doesn't involve multiple piercings, does it ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #80 of 103
RickG
HI: Ok rick you had these for a while now and I am sure that they are burnt in so in detail how do they sound. Highs, mids,lows?
PS mine are on the plain to NY today. Then MON or TUE to my house.

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #81 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
This method doesn't involve multiple piercings, does it ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL, NO. I'm actually embarrassed that I didn't realize just how easily they mount. If you have a problem, PM me and I'll explain the obvious.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
RickG
HI: Ok rick you had these for a while now and I am sure that they are burnt in so in detail how do they sound. Highs, mids,lows?
PS mine are on the plain to NY today. Then MON or TUE to my house.

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear in my posts in regard to the sound of these phones. I think they sound fantastic throughout the spectrum for the little "buttons" they are. Without a doubt, they're now my favorite portable phones, second only to my Etys.

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:41 PM Post #84 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by dinosauract
I guess my overall question is, "are these phones worth their price?'.

Right -- this is a valid point. And it's not just with these phones. I've seen two pairs of the KSC-35 go for $60 on Ebay, and that's before shipping costs weigh in. To me, that is simply not worth it. I'm finding out more and more that the KSC-50 is a very reasonable replacement for the 35, and at 1/6 of the price (amazon has 'em for 12.93 w/ free shipping on orders over $25), I don't see the practicality in springing for a pair of 35's. I can get them from another source for $45, with $5 shipping, but that still is a little rich for my blood. Another place has 'em for $38, but they charge $12 shipping within the same state (umm... ripoff?)Hell, if I'm going to spend ~$60 on a pair of cans, it's gonna be on the MDR-V6. I've got my ultra portable solution, and I don't really need that great quality when i'm walking around anyways.

I was all gung-ho to own the entire Koss portable line. I've got the KSC-50's and the Portapros... I wanted to get the 35's so I could definitively make up my mind and maybe post a review. But if I can't find these supposedly "bargain" headphones at a bargain price, it's not worth it.

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #85 of 103
Quote:

Would you believe they bumped the price up $10 and they're backordered till the 18th ?

They're not gonna charge you that after ordering them for the lower price are they, Ken?

Screw that...

frown.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:48 PM Post #86 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
They're not gonna charge you that after ordering them for the lower price are they, Ken?

Screw that...

frown.gif

Not according to my order, (I ordered on the 5th) it shows the original price. But that was quick, wasn't it ?

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:50 PM Post #87 of 103
Quote:

Not according to my order, (I ordered on the 5th) it shows the original price. But that was quick, wasn't it ?

No sh#t!

eek.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #88 of 103
Ok, so you're getting the hang of putting them on your ears.
But, once they're on...how well do they fit? Do they have a properly tight fit? Could you run with them? The only experience I have with such headphones are the ksc-50, which I returned...they had the feel of dangling on my ears, and not pressed tightly enough against my ears to involve me with the sound (or, I just didn't like the sound and the cheap feel).

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:47 PM Post #89 of 103
I just visited the Japanese site for these cans:

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/prod...p/ath-em7.html

That page has some nice pictures. The best part, though, was the AltaVista translation:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=ja_en&tt=url

Some of the classic quotes:

Quote:

Long time spending, rubber support of the software touch whose strange feeling is little.

Quote:

Opening largely, with the ear hanger which stops simplicity installing.

Quote:

It is strong with the magnetic force

Quote:

The porch attachment which is convenient to conveyance.

Quote:

As for this product, it meaning that the metal part directly touches the skin please do not use the metal allergy and the one which has the fear.

Quote:

In addition, the case where such as winter season the metal part becomes cool there are times when you feel cool in while installing, and using.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

P.S. If you go to the Japanese site's headphone search http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/search/a.html
Check ALL the boxes, then click the search button (the middle one at the bottom), you'll see all of the current AT headphones; they actually have about ten different lines of "earclips."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back