Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 - A Rich Man's KSC-35?
Nov 15, 2002 at 11:48 AM Post #91 of 103
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The porch attachment which is convenient to conveyance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I've been trying to find the words to convey the convenience of the porch attachment....

There are just some things words just can't describe.

frown.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:54 AM Post #92 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Thanks for the quotes mac. i got a good laugh out of them. they remind me of "all your base are belong to us"
tongue.gif

omg, i absolutely love that video. my friend even has a shirt of it. i guess our version is "all your headphone are belong to us." heheheh...

Nov 17, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #93 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
Lend me your ears
biggrin.gif
The 35s go right on, so I figured the ATs would too... And actually you're up $75, shipping's $10 You can try mine, my order's currently processing
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the audition, HighwayStar..........I I found them much easier than the KSC-35 to install. And I love the sound....very precise and detailed. Just ordered a pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 8:39 PM Post #95 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Thanks for the audition, HighwayStar..........I I found them much easier than the KSC-35 to install. And I love the sound....very precise and detailed. Just ordered a pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL ! Anytime I can contribute to the demise of your wallet, you just let me know
biggrin.gif

Glad you enjoyed them !

Rick, thanks for posting about them. They're a class act with the iPod !

Nov 17, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #96 of 103
Quote:

I I found them much easier than the KSC-35 to install. And I love the sound....very precise and detailed. Just ordered a pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

So how would you compare and contrast the bass response of these two?

Nov 17, 2002 at 11:44 PM Post #97 of 103
joelongwood, I'm glad you like 'em, too. If you need to, you can also tighten the fit a bit by increasing the bend of the metal ear spring. Gently "tighten" the bend along the whole length. I did that on mine, and it improved the bass response a bit, by bringing them closer to my ear. It also smoothed out the treble a smidgen.

When you get yours, check the cables very carefully. I had to send my extension cable back to Japan for replacement. Two frayed points, and at one the underlying cable showed through -- seemed a bit like green enameled Litz wire.

Nov 27, 2002 at 8:56 PM Post #98 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
I kinda' had a feeling you might like the sound of these little jewels!

wink.gif

Just got my pair today.......stunning! In both looks and sound. They are a bit bass shy (I've been listening a lot lately to the Beyer DT-770 Pros
tongue.gif
)
I've been listening solely with the iPod with these "little jewels," and I find the sound to be very crisp and detailed. The soundstage is very precise as well. It's a very light, airy sound. Use of the iPod equalizer (bass boost) is required until I recover from the Beyer bass................gotta wean myself off slowly.
They are also very easy to put on........much easier than the KSC-35s. And comfort? They simply disappear. The only thing I sense is the music. I really like these. Thanks to all of you who once again helped me lighten my wallet.
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 10:29 PM Post #100 of 103
Quote:

I find the sound to be very crisp and detailed.

Joelongwood,

Sounds like you like these significantly more than the W2002's we auditioned at the NYC HF meet. Do you find the sound "compressed" in the same was as the W2002's, or is it more open, without the instruments on top of one another?

Nov 27, 2002 at 10:50 PM Post #101 of 103
Quote:

Just got my pair today.......stunning! In both looks and sound. They are a bit bass shy (I've been listening a lot lately to the Beyer DT-770 Pros
tongue.gif
)
I've been listening solely with the iPod with these "little jewels," and I find the sound to be very crisp and detailed. The soundstage is very precise as well. It's a very light, airy sound. Use of the iPod equalizer (bass boost) is required until I recover from the Beyer bass................gotta wean myself off slowly.
They are also very easy to put on........much easier than the KSC-35s. And comfort? They simply disappear. The only thing I sense is the music. I really like these. Thanks to all of you who once again helped me lighten my wallet.
wink.gif

Joelongwood,

Last night when I was listening to the Aiwas (the Sony F1 wannabes), they reminded me a little of the AT EM7s--detailed, a little bright, lacking in low end, comfortable. Are your impressions similar?

Nov 27, 2002 at 10:56 PM Post #102 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
Joelongwood,

Last night when I was listening to the Aiwas (the Sony F1 wannabes), they reminded me a little of the AT EM7s--detailed, a little bright, lacking in low end, comfortable. Are your impressions similar?

Most definitely. It's certainly a different sound than I am used to, particularly since I've been listening to the DT-770s rather extensively of late. I find the clarity and detail, coupled with the fantastic comfort, very appealing. As I said earler, the 'phones (both the MDR-F1 wannabees and the little ATs) simply disappear.......the ATs even more so. I find these 'phones best suited to simple acoustic and vocals.
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #103 of 103
Quote:

I find these 'phones best suited to simple acoustic and vocals.
biggrin.gif

This I agree with completely. Last night when I listened to the Aiwas with a jazz guitar quartet (Hank Garland--thanks bkelly!), I was blown away. However, with the new Bob Dylan Live 1975, I wasn't as impressed. I guess a .500 average isn't too shabby, though. . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back