Audio-Technica ATH-CKS1100 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 21, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #76 of 157
  Code:
Code:

Is the bass more toward boomy, full-bodied with slower decay, or tight fast and impactful?

It's not boomy at all - it's well textured, has good separation, with decent impact, great sub-bass extension, and a moderate mid-bass hump. Decay is somewhere in the middle, not as fast as some BAs, but not slow at all. Very good low-end presentation, IMO. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #77 of 157
Very good low-end presentation, IMO. 

Thanks mate. Last thing I want is bloated bass which obscures the mids. I hope to get these soon.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #78 of 157
Let me know when it hits Amazon. I just hope that the Philips Fidelio X2's don't go on sale on Black Friday otherwise I won't be spending any more money for a good while hah!

Nov 22, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #79 of 157
AT wont make Bloated bass unless the track has "bloated" bass cause the artist and/or engineervwanted "bloated" bass.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #81 of 157
Has anyone with the ASG 2.5 tested CKS1100? How would you compare the two? Thanks!

Cheers,
Louis Armstrong
in bass the 2.5 is on a different level.

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #82 of 157
What would be the best place to buy these for someone in Europe? I dont care if it costs a bit more.
Also would I need an amp with this piece?

They seem like a good replacement for my broken IE80s

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #83 of 157
Very sensitive so no real need of an amp unless to flavor the sound. You'll have to import from Japan for the time being till they go international.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #85 of 157
Waiting for listening impressions of KZ whirlwind + CKR1100

So, I have the KZ whirlwind and flocked tips in. Not much difference from what I was using already on the CKS1100. Shorter, wide bore firmer tip still gives a bigger stage, the firmer core helps keep the bass tighter and the shorter nature helps with the bass balance, i.e. not pushing them bassier. Handsome looking tips. KZ medium is maybe a bit smallish and the jump from medium to large size is quite a bit more than from the small to the medium. There is room for a M/L size just like with the Spiral Dots.

The flocked tips are another story. They tune the sound a bit. The flocking is inside the bore as well as outside. They are more bullet shaped with a smaller bore size and longer. They pushed the sound a row or two back and really make the CKS sound cool and balanced. What they really bring to the table is in what frequencies the tame or make more apparent. Certain tips can make the guitars shine with the CKS and these take that to the limit. Super guitar and higher bass evidence due to cleaning up that area or maybe thinning it out. Somewhere in the mid-bass is being tamed. Some of the richness and thickness of the CKS is gone with these tips so, for my taste, that is great with thicker or bassier sources to continue keeping the CKS most balanced and no need of trying to lay off the most seal/insertion depth with these tips.

Both pairs should be in your kit regardless of the phones you own. KZ tips work even better on my FXT200 than they do on the CKS.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #87 of 157
This or the FX850's, which will pair well with a FiiO X7?

I've always like the CKS line, so I might just go with these

I'm thinking so hard, both sound soooo good, not in a literal sense, yet.

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #90 of 157
I have the CKS1100 coming in (hopefully by tomorrow) and I also have the CKR10's to compare. 

Very scared to be honest haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back