audio-technica ATH-CK100 Impression
Nov 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #61 of 71
Well, I joined the club - and to be honest, it may be the first KISS triple driver I have heard. The build has only one weak point - the earphone neck which leads to the cable, but it is still, it is BY FAR the best-built monitor of any type I have seen, surpassing any custom, surpassing any universal and with the best cable - light, noise-free, and very strong. Even Westone could learn from AT with this cable. In fact, I wonder why I don't see more companies using the same or similar cable.

Lovely.

Sound isn't my favourite, but I can see how some people would really like it. The high mids can get hot, sometimes splashy which doesn't work that well for trance, but it isn't bad, just not my favourite. Bass is sufficient, though I actually find it less in comparison to the CK10's overall signature. I wish I didn't sell my CK10 because I would love to compare them side by side. Favourite versus the next model!

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #62 of 71
Here is an update: these headphones have amazing headstage because of a goodly amount of dynamics between mids and treble making things sound WIDE and great for atmosphere. I can see that these would be great for moody music. I have slipped from Trance and electronic to pop ケツメシ and they are phenomenal. I would wish for more bass presence, but at the same time, they would be like every other earphone in the world then!

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #63 of 71
Great to hear that, shigzeo. The high/mid hotness will reduce or gone after several hours of playing. No more splashy high (i hate that) and bass will grow on you (not sure due to burn in or just brain).

Even with my Mage in hand, i still miss the clarity and transparency of CK100.

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #64 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is an update: these headphones have amazing headstage because of a goodly amount of dynamics between mids and treble making things sound WIDE and great for atmosphere. I can see that these would be great for moody music. I have slipped from Trance and electronic to pop ケツメシ and they are phenomenal. I would wish for more bass presence, but at the same time, they would be like every other earphone in the world then!

Congrats on the purchase! right now I'm still using it and I dont feel the urge to upgrade. The soundstage really is pretty impressive. I dont feel like I'm wearing an IEM at all with the CK100
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #67 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am working on completing a reveiw for the end of this week. love/hat/love/hate but more love than hate for this badboy.

Looking forwarding to
atsmile.gif

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #69 of 71

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reason that not many people have this IEM is probably because of the big price...and the fact that most people like strong bass, which IE8 and W3 delivers...

I listen to a lot of Reggae music...Hows CK100 sounds on that?

i think the reasons are the crazy high price and the fact so very very few places sell it, not sure what its like in the us but in the uk i dont think there is anywhere that has it

It's really difficult to buy high end IEM's in the UK and it seems that there isn't anywhere to audition them.

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #70 of 71

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reason that not many people have this IEM is probably because of the big price...and the fact that most people like strong bass, which IE8 and W3 delivers...

I listen to a lot of Reggae music...Hows CK100 sounds on that?

Well in my place the price is not that different from W3.

As for bass, currently the burn in really does help but still it wont do magic. Judging from other review from other Japanese site. I can be pretty sure that their bass quantity cant compare to the SE530, TP10pro and W3. So if strong bass is one of your criteria. CK100 is not what you're looking for. Personally I think ER-4 fans should try this.

As for Reggae music, I'm not familiar with that genre, if you want you can give me a sample and I'll try it for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hello,

I really enjoy listening to Japanese music as well. Is the ck100 good for ZARD and Ikimono gakari?

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #71 of 71
This phone's build quality is much much better than Westone's. It's just too cold and clear for me....

I'm selling mine here, just take a look.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130683025194

Users who are viewing this thread

Back