Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Oct 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #1,441 of 1,585
So this wek I've tried the TDK BA200, the PFE 232 and the CK100Pro. As of this moment, the PFE232 are going to be the ones I stick with. The CK100Pro, while good, didn't seem worth the additional price over a used set of CK10s I could buy, nor did I absolutely love their sound signature. The TDK's will probably be kept and used as my gym/portable pair, as I quite enjoy their more laid back (though at times muddy) presentation. They also fit me well, which is a plus. The PFE232 just seem to be the best sounding of all four of the IEMs currently in contention and will therefore stay as my personal "flagship" IEM.

I have a few more IEMs I'd like to try, however. They include: Sony EX1000, JVC Fx700, V-Sonic GR07, Rhapsodio R^2, PFE012, PFE 122, PFE 112

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,443 of 1,585
What do you think if the bass of the 232 versus the ck10? Seems like its much more elevated in the mid bass?

I'd agree with this. I should qualify this, though, by reiterating that my CK10's are broken and so I can't A/B them. All I can say is that after 2 years with the CK10s I feel the PFE232's are at least as good as the CK10s in giving me what I want out of my music.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #1,445 of 1,585
That's cool. I've read the 232 has very good treble and that's what I always loved with the ck10.

Yep, I think that's a big part of why these seem to be a perfect replacement. They do treble and clarity at least as well if not better then the CK10, plus they also have great bass and fit me just as well.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #1,446 of 1,585
Can someone please pm me where i can buy this gem, from review they seem to be the best for trance music at the price range.
popcorn.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #1,448 of 1,585
CK10 fans rejoice! Seems that Audio technica at last will sell real CK10 succesor. From first Audio technica IM02 impressions seems, that it has CK10 sound signature.
The dual-BA IM02 has a refreshing quality to its sound that leans towards the treble. Without much emphasis on the mids and lows, one can appreciate the clear sounding and highly resolving qualities of BA drivers. On the other hand, those that prefer a more impactful or weightier sound should look elsewhere.
Im02 has dual ba drivers with acoustic horn and over ear design with removable cables.
MSPR is 20000 yen(CK10 is 36000). They will be released next week. In cooljapannow.jp you can preorder them for $190 shipped(with cheapest shipping). But after some months price should have go lower in amazon.co.jp. so with Tenso forwarding it maybe will cost about $130-160 after few months.

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #1,450 of 1,585
IMO, IM02's MSRP seems to be a bit too cheap to be a real successor to the CK10. I doubt it will sound any better, especially considering that CK100PRO doesn't actually sound that much better than the CK10. Nevertheless, I do have high hopes for this. Somehow they put these new IM-series in "monitors" category on their website while CK's aren't there. And I kinda trust A-T about their "monitor" kinda sound. But gosh that shell looks uncomfy :\

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #1,451 of 1,585
  IMO, IM02's MSRP seems to be a bit too cheap to be a real successor to the CK10. I doubt it will sound any better, especially considering that CK100PRO doesn't actually sound that much better than the CK10. Nevertheless, I do have high hopes for this. Somehow they put these new IM-series in "monitors" category on their website while CK's aren't there. And I kinda trust A-T about their "monitor" kinda sound. But gosh that shell looks uncomfy :\

About IM02 MSRP- we should conider that between CK10 and IM02 is six years. It is enough time to invent much cheaper drivers which are as good as old. Or simply ask less money and make less profit. I have actually ordered CK100Pro, and next year, when IM03 and IM04 prices will go down, i will purchase them and compare to ck100pro.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #1,452 of 1,585
since when do high end IEMs get cheaper?  they don't.  they have the same MSRP though.  i'm still going to hold out for early adopters to give impressions.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #1,453 of 1,585
Should i buy the CK10 or the B2? I like the sound and the size of the CK10, but i've never tried them before. I just heard that they sound like the B2, which is my favorite iem, but have some improvement. So my point is, does these improvement worth with the money? I can buy the B2 new for less than 150$, but i can only buy the used, no accessories CK10 for about 220 - 230$. For me it's quite expensive.

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #1,454 of 1,585
  since when do high end IEMs get cheaper?  they don't.  they have the same MSRP though.  i'm still going to hold out for early adopters to give impressions.

Do you live in the states? the high-end IEMs definitely get cheaper, some of them anyway. I would suggest you do some researching (especially on Amazon.com). You will be surprised at some gems you might. It's been less than three weeks where you could have found the W4R under $300 (as an example) on Amazon.com - brand new.

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #1,455 of 1,585
haha.  you said it yourself, "some of them."  ATH's high end stuff is notorious for not becoming cheaper, but rather more expensive as time goes on (especially discontinued stuff).  there was a time when m50s could be had for under 100, now they're all pushing over that.

and if anyone needed reaffirmation about CK10s and trance/DnB/techno/whatever, i wish you can hear what i'm hearing now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back