Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Sep 5, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #1,306 of 1,585
Quote:
I for one had no problem finding the perfect fit right away, with Sony hybrids. No comfort issues really, isolation and seal were so good, the cable was amazing, bass...well coming from RE0 I knew what to expect; sound blew me away anyway...
The thing is in a matter of minutes the left earpiece caused me so much pain that the ear canal, the outer ear and eventually the left cheek started to hurt. The right earpiece just disappeared, the left one gave me hell.
I had to set them aside until the pain subsides.
Now, everytime I fetch them from the pouch, and I wrap the cable around the left pinna, I can sense my ear canal tightening as a pavlovian reaction triggered by the anticipation...you know, like when you see a needle and suddenly your buttocks throb with fear
biggrin.gif

This is exactly what happens to me actually (except it's my right ear that hurts).  I don't have any issues with the tips, I have hybrids, comply, and tri-flanges to choose between.  It's the housing or the angle of insertion or something, but after a while my right ear starts to hurt an insane amount and I have to take them out and use my westone's instead. 

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #1,307 of 1,585
I believe that you are trying to insert it too deeply.

And by the way (well, I already mentioned it in this thread, and it's just from my personal experience) by avoiding to insert too deeply, you will probably get a better bass presence.
If you don't manage to get a good seal this way, try to switch to bigger tips.

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #1,308 of 1,585
I got my ck10`s back! they are so freaking good! even after customs (which i broke) and gr10 (which i dont really like) ck10`s are truly astonishing headphones.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,310 of 1,585
My GF who is wife already had them :D

Btw is there any way to recable them?

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,311 of 1,585

Quote:
My GF who is wife already had them
biggrin.gif

Btw is there any way to recable them?

Ah...I guess congratulations are in order then?
biggrin.gif

Why would you want to recable them? THey have quite possibly the best stock cable of any IEM, IMO.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #1,312 of 1,585
they are tearing apart. i need to have a back up plan.

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #1,317 of 1,585
Ive seriously thought of getting a CK10 for a reshell.  

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #1,318 of 1,585
Just have received email from UM

Quote:
Thanks for your email.  

The driver we use on the CK10x3 is a single low end driver.  This allows us to use the standard CK10 dual driver for the mids and highs.  The CK10x3 allows us to add dual mid drivers, dual low drivers leaving the CK10 standard dual to do the work.

The CK10x3 is a 2 way crossover and the CK10x6 is a 3 way crossover. 

A standard re-shell is $170 plus cable and added drivers are only $110 per extra set.  That would make the CK10x6 $500 for a six driver custom.  Very good value!

Perhaps send us your artwork so we can have a look at it!

Thanks for getting in touch.

UMGlobal

(I've edited out personal information)

Look great! I'd like to try the ck10x3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back