Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Mar 10, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #1,111 of 1,585
I just gave the CK10 a slight bass boost with my Cowon D2+ and it is adequate. Love these! Havn't had an good chance to A/B them with the SM3s I just got.. but I have a feeling the EarSonics will be in the FS section soon. When I listen to them I miss my CK10's brightness, clarity and sparkle
etysmile.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #1,112 of 1,585

Quote:
I've come back to them after:

JH13Pro
FE333
W4
j-phonics
the list goes on...

There IS something special about the CK10 beyond its excellent build quality.

Although my list isn't quite as prestigious I too keep going back to the CK10's even after:

JH5
UM3X
W3
MTPC
Triple Fi
IE8

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #1,113 of 1,585
I think I was quite lucky. When I purchased them originally, there were no English reviews on the net, and only one or two Japanese impressions. It was 200$ out of sight and quick, but the turned out to be excellent. The only thing I don't like is the tube size that is hard to find good ear pieces for.

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #1,114 of 1,585
i am unfamiliar with the FE333.  who makes it?  anywho, i come back to them from... Klipsch S4s? 
ph34r.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #1,116 of 1,585
FE333 most likely refers to Fit Ear 333 and made by Suyama and don't think they are really that well known outside of Japan.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #1,117 of 1,585
^^ thanks for that.  anyways, tried cutting down a tri to a bi tip today.  did a horrible job cutting it, but it offered the same amount of isolation at a much better level of comfort.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #1,118 of 1,585
Thank you Rar, you are right. The FE333 is a rather hard custom to drive as its crossover is complicated and its driver dance from high to low Ω quite readily. Still, it is amazing. In the end, I tend to prefer universals because: less hassle. And among universals, the CK10 is still my favourite.

Quote:
FE333 most likely refers to Fit Ear 333 and made by Suyama and don't think they are really that well known outside of Japan.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #1,121 of 1,585

Quote:
I've come back to them after:

JH13Pro
FE333
W4
j-phonics
the list goes on...

There IS something special about the CK10 beyond its excellent build quality.

Again, that is wonderful to know. I mean after comparing them to the likes of JH13 and W4, if you still come back to the CK10, there must be indeed something special with these. I have not been as fortunate to try all these awesome (and expensive) IEMs but reading your list makes me more satisfied with my purchase.

Quote:
I'd grab these in half a heartbeat if only their price gets close to $200 again! But that's only wishful thinking....

I wouldn't bet on it - With their limited availability worldwide and the high quality rating and praise they receive, I don't see them dropping below $230.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #1,122 of 1,585
Now, just before anyone thinks I prefer these to all the above soundwise, please read this:

The CK10 is by far and away, my favourite IEM of all time. It is clear, provides excellent extension both low and high, and it is robust, has a great cable, and is comfortable. I would like the bass to be eschewed for a about 3 more decibels to about 80Hz from 20Hz. Apart from that, it is my dream IEM precisely because: there is almost no echo distortion, it is clear, it can sound sweet when the music sounds sweet, it can sound stark when called for. 

Tips are the bugger of all buggers with this earphone, but oh well. 

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #1,123 of 1,585

Quote:
Now, just before anyone thinks I prefer these to all the above soundwise, please read this:

The CK10 is by far and away, my favourite IEM of all time. It is clear, provides excellent extension both low and high, and it is robust, has a great cable, and is comfortable. I would like the bass to be eschewed for a about 3 more decibels to about 80Hz from 20Hz. Apart from that, it is my dream IEM precisely because: there is almost no echo distortion, it is clear, it can sound sweet when the music sounds sweet, it can sound stark when called for. 

Tips are the bugger of all buggers with this earphone, but oh well. 

Pretty much word for word what I think about em. Maybe a touch more bass and a more "common" nozzle would be absolutely perfect. Other than that however I don't think it's realistic to even ask for anything more, they are that complete of an iem.

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #1,124 of 1,585
I also can't give up listening on these brilliant babies!
etysmile.gif
Just like people mentioned above, I know that if I sell these, I may not have any chance to come back. I also push a little more bass (2 of 10 maybe), then nothing to be worried about.

Joyful maaaan... AT should consider these comments while working on a new IEM, especially if there's one replacing Ck10.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back