Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Apr 11, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #736 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ rawster ,i really like the way the ortos reproduce cymbals,i hate unrealistic cymbals, on thee se420 they sound like old metal dusbin lids bashing on each other.

Lol. Old metal dustbin lids
biggrin.gif

I hated my SE420 with a vengeance. Probably my most disappointing purchase ever. And they cost about £220 when I bought them on the first day of their UK release. They were sold about 48 hours later!

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #737 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@eraser: I ordered those after trying out one of the monster's iem tips with the CK10 on. It should get here on Monday so I'll let you know soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking forward to hearing
beyersmile.png

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #738 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol. Old metal dustbin lids
biggrin.gif

I hated my SE420 with a vengeance. Probably my most disappointing purchase ever. And they cost about £220 when I bought them on the first day of their UK release. They were sold about 48 hours later!

@soozie ,he he
ksc75smile.gif
,i know how you feel, i payed £160 for mine, id put mine up for sell but would feel guilty selling somebody an iem with such a flawed sound signiture
evil_smiley.gif
why would enyone want to have there music murdered by there sound signiture
eek.gif
cant see how eny body could enjoy them . is there a se420 appreication thread on here?

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #740 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know the 420 is still pretty high up on my want to hear list as i think id rather like it. when the 425 comes out it will be a pretty strong temptation

Seriously mark, when will it end for you
biggrin.gif

I keep thinking "my next purchase will be my last"; then I see your army of IEMs, and I don't feel as bad
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #741 of 1,585
Quote:

@eraser: I ordered those after trying out one of the monster's iem tips with the CK10 on. It should get here on Monday so I'll let you know soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Those are what I have and I think you'll like it. To me they made a huge difference especially in the upper frequency. Although CK10s are not overly harsh or sibilant, it tends to emphasize the treble when you listen to somewhat bright recordings. Most of my music are well recorded albums and I have no big problems with them but listening to some pop and overly loud metal albums tend give me a slight problem. I could just listen in low volumes but it's hard not to listen in high volumes when out on streets. To me, monster triple flanges fixed that problem, and then some.

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #742 of 1,585
If they are anything like the real monster cable triple flange tips (I'm assuming they are fakes) I will be happy. I get them tomorrow so I should see how they are but typically the fake tips are just as good as the real thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #743 of 1,585
Quote:

If they are anything like the real monster cable triple flange tips (I'm assuming they are fakes) I will be happy. I get them tomorrow so I should see how they are but typically the fake tips are just as good as the real thing
smily_headphones1.gif

I also ordered those same tips and should have them on Monday. I will let you know if they are the same as the Monster since I have a pair of Copper to verify.

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #744 of 1,585
Well I do have the monster cable triple flanges right now but sadly only one so I should be able to compare as well so multiple opinions are definitely better than one :p

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #745 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also ordered those same tips and should have them on Monday. I will let you know if they are the same as the Monster since I have a pair of Copper to verify.

Quote:

Well I do have the monster cable triple flanges right now but sadly only one so I should be able to compare as well so multiple opinions are definitely better than one :p

They feel like a good quality silicon but it's somewhere on the thin side so it's very easy to get them ripped. In fact, one of the tips came ripped about 1/8 inch on the biggest flange. Please let us know if they are any different than the original ones.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #746 of 1,585
I'm Itching to pull the Trigger on these but i have a question -

Is the CK10 a Complete Upgrade over the IEMs i've Listed Below:

Panasonic HJE900
Westone UM1
Klipsch Image S4
Head Direct RE0
Etymotic Research ER4P
Sleek Audio SA6
Ultimate Ears Super fi.3
Klipsch Image S2
Denon C710
Etymotic Research ER4S
Sleek Audio SA1
Monster Turbines
JVC FX300
Denon C751
Beta BrainWavz
Altec Lansing Backbeat UHP106
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.10

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #748 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously mark, when will it end for you
biggrin.gif

I keep thinking "my next purchase will be my last"; then I see your army of IEMs, and I don't feel as bad
wink.gif

what, i dont think im all that bad, joker and clieOS are both waaaay worse than i am

and it will end when ive heard everything i want to and companys stop launching shiney new things.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #749 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and it will end when ive heard everything i want to and companys stop launching shiney new things.

Yep, just got to wait it out for that cataclysm of gargantuan proprtions that would make companies stop seeking profits

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #750 of 1,585
I don't hear any major difference between the real MC triple flange and the ones I just got in the mail. The fake ones are a bit thinner and softer while the MC ones are a bit stiffer. The fake ones are thin but it is not that much different in thickness compared to the real ones.

they both look very similar with the real ones (on the right) being a bit darker in color. other than that it is pretty hard to tell
IMG_1034.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back