Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #227 of 250
I don't have the proper material material as my iron is pretty much dead by now. But it will be very easy if you only change the cable. You will not even have to lime down. You just take the cable you want, desolder the original cable, put the rubber thingy at step 4 on your new cable, replace it, solder the new cable the corect way, reclose the cans easily and voila. As simple as that.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #228 of 250
Getting a chance to listen to the AD900x again, I'm really appreciating the "bite" that its mids have. Vocals, strings, and even cowbells really stand out with these cans.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #229 of 250
AD900x still my most listened to headphone despite K712, K553 at my disposale.

The pads on the AD900x have gone completely flat and were IMO not that comfortable from the beginning.  Recently purchased replacement pads on Ebay, they feel similar to the K712 pads.  Link to the ebay offer.  Just letting other AD900x fans know these feel awesome, and don't affect the sound.  Same great sound, much more comfort.

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #230 of 250
Anyone recable these? Ive now owned these for about 6 months and there's already a problem with the end tip of the cable - i.e. if I spin it around in my amp the sound changes (volume, tone etc.) Annoying as hell.

I have no idea if I can send these to audio technica on warranty as Im located in canada and bought these off a seller on amazon..

I recabled mine dual entry.  Not detachable.

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #232 of 250
Cool. Can you explain the process?

Pretty easy to do. Just remove the pad and undo some screws and unscrew the driver cover. I've just been making these headphones single sided removable, but should be straight forward with putting a new cable on. No need to modify the gimbal to fit a socket. 

Definitely plenty of space in the cup to fit various types of cable. Thin or thick, should all fit. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #234 of 250
How do these compare to hd598?

More clarity, airer, brighter, bigger soundstage. Only reason I'd take the 598 over the 900x is if you hate brighter headphones or you want a detachable cable. (I see you've posted this is 10 other threads as well. You're not gonna get far doing that. If you have a 598, you need to tell us what you like about the 598 and what you need more of from it. That's the place to start.) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back