Audio Technica A700s?
May 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bpiwk

New Head-Fier
Audio Card - Asus D2X

I would like to try to stay away from a pair of headphones that requires an amp. 

Hello and thank you for reading this.  I'm looking for a set of headphones or a headset if you know of one for about $110. Right now I've been looking at the ATH-A700's by Audio Technica and from what I can see they look perfect for my budget.  I like to game and directional audio is important to me, so I was wandering if anyone has experience using virtual 7.1/5.1 with a stereo headphone similar to the A700s, using of course some kind of PCI-e or what have you audio card to aid in the surround sound reproduction. Also, I often see people complain about being too weak on the bass end, and was wondering if that can be somewhat altered just by breaking them in, and some basic EQ settings in my sound card's software. If you have any comments on these not regarding my specific questions I would love that aswell. I came from this headset and thought it sounded amazing - http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Kave-5-1/#crb_2. Any thoughts and suggestions is greatly appeciated. PC Gaming by the way

Thanks!,

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back