Audio setup recommendations
Aug 8, 2017 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Scribblex

New Head-Fier
Since im only aiming for competitive and single player gaming i have a few options, im wondering about your opinion.
1. I buy the GSX 1000 and pair it with the AKG712Pro i know for single player its going to be amazing but for competitive like PUBG im not sure
2. I sell the AKG 712Pro and buy two pair of headphones Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x for positional audio and one more for bass and "fun" and imersion
3. Same as the second option but i get the GSX 1000 for even better imersion
4. I buy the Seinnheiser HD700 and pair it with the GSX 1000 or a better amp and DAC then i have now (Fiio E10k)
Im really interested in your opinion :D

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 6
Since most of your options you are weighing include the GSX 1000, I would say get the GSX 1000 first and see how you like it with your AKGs. If you don't like the pairing, you would then have a better understanding why since the AKGs are fairly neutral and analytical. Then you can get the gear that matches your tastes.

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 6
I heard that AKG712 are hard to drive not because of the impedience but because of their sensitivity so i have been worried if the Fiio E10k is really delivering the sound my akg-s are capable of :-/. Especially in gaming, so far im leaning closer to returning my AKG and getting the Fidelios X2 for fun and the Audio Tehnica 700x for competitive with everything paired up with the GSX 1000. What are your thoughts on that?

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 6
I heard that AKG712 are hard to drive not because of the impedience but because of their sensitivity so i have been worried if the Fiio E10k is really delivering the sound my akg-s are capable of :-/. Especially in gaming, so far im leaning closer to returning my AKG and getting the Fidelios X2 for fun and the Audio Tehnica 700x for competitive with everything paired up with the GSX 1000. What are your thoughts on that?

For gaming, for the most part as long as it's loud enough without really obvious distortion (or really crappy channel separation), the amplifier doesn't really matter much. It's not like you'll go, "hey that MP3 of that explosion sounds better with 300mW that came with less than 0.0001% distortion and noise" while your brain is dealign with visual stimuli, gaming objectives, and telling everybody else in the game what sort of nasty mothers they have.

That said, if you don't have the K712 yet anyway, do not get it and think well of a good DAC-HPamp or, better yet, a soundcard, with a headphone that it won't have to struggle to drive properly.

Aug 9, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 6
For gaming, for the most part as long as it's loud enough without really obvious distortion (or really crappy channel separation), the amplifier doesn't really matter much. It's not like you'll go, "hey that MP3 of that explosion sounds better with 300mW that came with less than 0.0001% distortion and noise" while your brain is dealign with visual stimuli, gaming objectives, and telling everybody else in the game what sort of nasty mothers they have.

That said, if you don't have the K712 yet anyway, do not get it and think well of a good DAC-HPamp or, better yet, a soundcard, with a headphone that it won't have to struggle to drive properly.

So far my plan is to return my AKG712Pros and get the GSX 1000 with Audio Tehnica AT700x for competitive and Philips Fidelio X2 for Single player and mmorpgs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back