Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Mar 28, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #391 of 760
Not sure, maybe the tool he used to collect the sound wasn't accurate enough. We need to see more graphs from others.
Definitely. Makes me worried about tuning consistency though. TGX78 thinks the Sony M9 sports better treble extension and that set isn't known for having airy highs as far as I can see, so again, a little worried.

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #392 of 760
Definitely. Makes me worried about tuning consistency though. TGX78 thinks the Sony M9 sports better treble extension and that set isn't known for having airy highs as far as I can see, so again, a little worried.
M9 does have a pretty good treble extension in my opinion, although it's not known for that. But the post 10k on BGGAR's graph seems to have better extension. Tunning consistency is a very common issue among DIY iems, that's why I was kind of skeptical about this hype. Should be a stellar purchase for 140$ anyway. Not sure if the long wait and extra 100$ for Linsol is justified.

Mar 28, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #393 of 760
Graphing rigs can be very inconsistent in the treble. I would focus more on what people actually say. Which is that the treble extension is good, and that it has a wide presentation; an effect that comes from extension in the air region.

The $240 tag and wait time are well justified if this set is indeed punching with the big bois. So far its getting a lot of comparisons to much more expensive sets.

Mar 28, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #394 of 760
Not sure, maybe the tool he used to collect the sound wasn't accurate enough. We need to see more graphs from others.
Different graphing equipment produce some expected variation, and graphs are not dependable for treble from 10KHz on, so I wouldn’t read too much into it, especially with a comparison of a sample size of 2.

Let‘s not jump to conclusions too quickly. The M9 is actually famous for its extended treble, with the super tweeter. The one BA absent from the M7.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #395 of 760
Regardless, if you want to cancel your order, I’m sure there are a ton of us ready to step in and purchase it blindly. I’m also sure you could turn around and sell in no time, if you don’t like it much.

Mar 28, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #397 of 760
1616954849155.png

1616956018328.png

Did somebody really mentioned that the IER-M9’s treble is not extended? What?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #400 of 760
Well, my CSSbuy order did not go through. I asked to get on the wait list, but it didn't work. I now own 868 virtual Yuan lol. I may try again in a few weeks (months?) when things calm down.
I'm still waiting for a reply but it says it's processing. "Unilateral seven electric iron flagship level storm".😅

Mar 28, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #401 of 760

Here is a channel matching for my unit. Flawless.
Looks really spot on.
Also worth noting that the ability to match channels so closely also says a lot about the ability to control unit variance.

Mar 28, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #404 of 760
Mar 28, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #405 of 760
7DBA0C7A-7C86-43F6-B29A-55C4356ADF28.jpeg

The Lokahi is definitely not an enhanced-bass earphones like the Z1R, but there’s a lot to like about the clean, fast and snappy low end. The Lokahi has less impact and subbass extension than the Z1R, but its low end is tighter and cleaner. The Z1R has more rumble and texture in its response resulting impressively natural sounding low-end.

The midrange of the Lokahi is very flat and neutral in tone. It makes the Z1R sounds a little mid-recessed and a touch distant as a result. The midrange of the Lokahi sounds more transparent and has a “raw” quality to it compared to the smooth and liquid-sounding Z1R.

Treble is excellent on both- crisp and well-extended, carrying enough energy to balance out the overall sound.

The impressive end-to-end extension of these two are also reflected in their presentation, which is broad and spacious. The Lokahi again shows a very impressive feat of the sound engineering/tuning in this comparison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back