Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Mar 29, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #421 of 760
The guy on hifi guides might be selling his set by the way, so if anyone here wants to try to get a set without waiting in line, might be worth seeking him out.

Mar 29, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #422 of 760
Currently working on getting the best fit for me. Gonna be ordering some tips to try and get a more comfortable seal and minimize pressure.

I currently have a 7 BA custom iem I bought in 2015 for 1000 dollars. Initial impressions are they pretty much trade blows with each other. This headphone is definately not a bass heads cup of tea, not that its a bad thing. Got to listen some more before I can say much else.

I will say this. 120 dollars for this thing shipping included is an absolute steal!

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #423 of 760
Currently working on getting the best fit for me. Gonna be ordering some tips to try and get a more comfortable seal and minimize pressure.

I currently have a 7 BA custom iem I bought in 2015 for 1000 dollars. Initial impressions are they pretty much trade blows with each other. This headphone is definately not a bass heads cup of tea, not that its a bad thing. Got to listen some more before I can say much else.

I will say this. 120 dollars for this thing shipping included is an absolute steal!
Well, as long as it isn't anemic... The most important aspect of bass in my opinion is tightness and sense of "bounce". Urbanfun YBF has got that springy, bouncy quality that I value. Is the Lokahi like that, or is it more of a quick and dry deal typical of BA?

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #424 of 760
Well, as long as it isn't anemic... The most important aspect of bass in my opinion is tightness and sense of "bounce". Urbanfun YBF has got that springy, bouncy quality that I value. Is the Lokahi like that, or is it more of a quick and dry deal typical of BA?
The bass is nice and tight, with good extension. I have not listened to YBF so I cant really say if the bass quality im listening to matches with yours exactly. In the end these are still BA so it will never really be the same as a dynamic. However I would say Lokahi bass is very good for a BA

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #425 of 760
The bass is nice and tight, with good extension. I have not listened to YBF so I cant really say if the bass quality im listening to matches with yours exactly. In the end these are still BA so it will never really be the same as a dynamic. However I would say Lokahi bass is very good for a B
I'm gonna pick ur brain a bit more here... How is the imaging? 3D at all? Detail retrieval?

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #426 of 760
Bass notes have a bit of yummy wholesome decay. Imaging and details are above average in that price range. I think @tgx78 gave a very upfront and accurate description of it

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #427 of 760
Well except for sustained subsonic notes (such as a pipe organ), Lokahi is capable of quick, clean bottom-end reproduction with excellent pitch definition. Decay is surprisingly natural for BA as @James Shoegazer mentioned.

My unit is headed to California today. @Precogvision will give it a listen and provide an honest critique.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #428 of 760
Here is a basic diagram of the modification to the ear tips to help depressurize your ear canals.

The yellow represents where to stick a needle through. The blue represents the path of airflow. (The ear tip flanges are inverted in the pic, just FYI.)

I would try it on a cheap ear tip first, to see if it works, and if you like it.

F836A655-0F0D-4ABE-B8CF-5ED64E4DB432.jpeg

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #429 of 760
Mar 29, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #430 of 760
$120? $240? $120-240?
On its overall quality, I think it is easily a $6-800 contender. It competes with my way more expensive Canal Works customs but
I think resolution not yet at Westone ES60's maturity and a slight step below the Oriolus Reborn LTD. (**Have to emphasise that both are MSRP $1300 IEMs, crazy IKR?).
Bass definition of Storm aka Lokahi is very supple though but when I play something like Hans Zimmer it is able to capture the intensity but lacking abit of finesse and separation. Note: Hans Zimmer soundtracks are demanding

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #431 of 760
On its overall quality, I think it is easily a $6-800 contender. It competes with my way more expensive Canal Works customs but
I think resolution not yet at Westone ES60's maturity and a slight step below the Oriolus Reborn LTD. (**Have to emphasise that both are MSRP $1300 IEMs, crazy IKR?).
Bass definition of Storm aka Lokahi is very supple though but when I play something like Hans Zimmer it is able to capture the intensity but lacking abit of finesse and separation. Note: Hans Zimmer soundtracks are demanding
I agree with you on the price point which Lokahi competes with. Pretty insane for the price.

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #432 of 760
Nvm

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #433 of 760

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #434 of 760
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #435 of 760
Moving along nicely! ~13 down, 25-26 to go til mine! :) Surely they'll get it done, if they've got this far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back