Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Mar 31, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #436 of 760
will the DM8 be a good buy then? after the Lokahi

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #437 of 760
will the DM8 be a good buy then? after the Lokahi
I like mine well enough, and overall more than A7. But do they sound $350 good..? Not sure I'd go that far, heh. I would certainly want full-on DD bass at that price. I would say I haven't found perfection or my ideal, among A7, DM8 and FD5, which is kind of sad.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #438 of 760
!

Attachments

• 20210331_171335_HDR.jpg
    20210331_171335_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #439 of 760
Is the guy you beat up to get that doing alright, I hope? Not too much damage..? D: All we need to know is, will he live?

Mar 31, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #440 of 760
Fit is perfect. Looks wayyyy prettier in person. The vaccume seal is real. I wanna do some more listening before I get detailed, but first impressions:

Great tuning. Never painful, engaging, clarity for days. Sparkly without any peaks. Bass is a little... absent. Sounds like it rolls off very very early. Gonna tip roll a bit...

Imaging is not great. Good enough for an enveloping presentation but not precise enough for a real 3D sensation.

Overall a very enjoyable set so far. Will come back after a deep dive.

Mar 31, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #441 of 760
Is the guy you beat up to get that doing alright, I hope? Not too much damage..? D: All we need to know is, will he live?
That guy I beat up was me. I've been through quite an ordeal, but im gonna pull through. Thanks for checking.

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #442 of 760
Boy... Time to get a DD in there for version 2. :/ And open the shell up a little for imaging, I guess. Perfection sure is hard to come across.

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #443 of 760
Boy... Time to get a DD in there for version 2. :/ And open the shell up a little for imaging, I guess. Perfection sure is hard to come across.
They are pretty much perfection already for 120 dollars. Can't complain about these for the price. Only thing is that seal still bothers me a little, especially when trying to put them on. I got the ss size xelastics and they are still a bit too big for me so the seal builds up a lot of pressure in my ears.

Apr 1, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #444 of 760
There's always
Fit is perfect. Looks wayyyy prettier in person. The vaccume seal is real. I wanna do some more listening before I get detailed, but first impressions:

Great tuning. Never painful, engaging, clarity for days. Sparkly without any peaks. Bass is a little... absent. Sounds like it rolls off very very early. Gonna tip roll a bit...

Imaging is not great. Good enough for an enveloping presentation but not precise enough for a real 3D sensation.

Overall a very enjoyable set so far. Will come back after a deep dive.
Have you tried using a good all-copper cable with it? I find copper increases (or retains) the sense of weight of the sound. Might bring the bass slam and presence up to a more acceptable level. Not sure how true it is for All-Ba sets though.

Apr 1, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #445 of 760
There's always

Have you tried using a good all-copper cable with it? I find copper increases (or retains) the sense of weight of the sound. Might bring the bass slam and presence up to a more acceptable level. Not sure how true it is for All-Ba sets though.
I have all kinds of cables ranging from 40 to 300 dollars. They are all purely aesthetics, they do nothing audible sonically let alone bringing up the bass lol.

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #446 of 760
I have all kinds of cables ranging from 40 to 300 dollars. They are all purely aesthetics, they do nothing audible sonically let alone bringing up the bass lol.
I would disagree, I could absolutely sense a difference in sound when I tried copper vs the stock silver plated-copper cable with my FiiO FD5. It was immediate and obvious 🙂.

The stock cable sounded yucky. It revealed the peaky treble and sounded too ethereal overall. Copper appropriately veiled the treble peaks and brought back the sense of fullness in the lower frequencies.

As I said before though, I have not tried cable swapping with any BA iems so I am unsure if they are at all able to transmit the difference of cables.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #447 of 760
The Sony hybrid / silicone tips (M) seem to work best for me with good seal and a good grip on the nozzle.
The bass feels pronounced, bouncy and present, not overwhelming so and definitely isn't lacking.
Treble isn't piercing either and give a good sense of structure and headroom. For its price it is shockingly good which forced me to reconsider my current collection now.
It kind of reminds me of the price-performance factor of the FLC8D, but performs better. **I prefer the FLC8D gold tuning than the Lokahi
Wondering what DAP and music you all pairing with?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #448 of 760
I could absolutely sense a difference in sound when I tried copper vs the stock silver plated-copper cable with my FiiO FD5. It was immediate and obvious 🙂.

The stock cable sounded yucky. It revealed the peaky treble and sounded too ethereal overall. Copper appropriately veiled the treble peaks and brought back the sense of fullness in the lower frequencies.
Yep, same experience here, except I think the stock cable sounds best =P Have not tried the copper on any BA sets yet, so hm.. But oh wait, the stock cable on my DM8 is copper! No wonder it's so freakin' fat/thick. Interesting...

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #449 of 760
The Sony hybrid / silicone tips (M) seem to work best for me with good seal and a good grip on the nozzle.
The bass feels pronounced, bouncy and present, not overwhelming so and definitely isn't lacking.
Treble isn't piercing either and give a good sense of structure and headroom. For its price it is shockingly good which forced me to reconsider my current collection now.
It kind of reminds me of the price-performance factor of the FLC8D, but performs better. **I prefer the FLC8D gold tuning than the Lokahi
Wondering what DAP and music you all pairing with?
Sony hybrids are one of the few tips I haven't tried yet. Just ordered the double flanged spinfits and some acoustine tips and try them out.

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #450 of 760
I disagree. Silver cable for treble spark. Copper for bass. It's not a night and day difference but it is not placebo either, at least for my ears. Works wonders on all BA sets (started playing with cables when the infamous DM6 came out...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back