Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Apr 3, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #466 of 760
Another measurement of Lokahi. Can compare to some other IEMs on Squiglink: https://squig.link/?share=Audio_Lokahi_7BA

graph - 2021-04-03T171005.640.png

Only got to listen to a few songs, but some listening notes I made: Strong clarity, depth. Treble a bit sharp in a raw/unfinished sense, rough, but not necessarily unpleasant. Better than average staging and imaging. BA bass yeah, but hits pretty good honestly. Solid extension and decent wallop contributing to layering. Midrange tuning very solid, gives a strong sense of resolution. Build does have a bit of a messy DIYness about it, but fits well. Pretty impressive sound at $240. Timbre pretty BA and a bit rough around the edges, but an interesting option vs. FDX1 at this price.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #471 of 760
Quick L5 - Lokahi comparison:
The lokahi is less smooth than the L5. The tone of the treble on the l5 feels a little bit veiled whereas the the lokahi feels a bit more lively and perhaps rough. Theyre both very non fatiguing sets. The stage and imaging are def better on lokahi, but they both have elongated left-right staging. L5 can feel a bit flat sometimes, while Lokahi always maintains a sense of dimension. Lokahi is more treble/mids focussed, so the sparkly stuff stands out more. The L5 is a bit more cohesive because of the sub and open air design, but at the cost of separation and a bit of perceived resolution, which lokahi does better. The lokahi is the more engaging set, so i'd choose it more often than L5 but both are excellent non fatiguing all-day use sets. The L5 wins on comfort though only because of the venting, which is a weakness of the Lokahi. Id describe both as neutralish, but with tilt: the L5 more tword low end clarity and the lokahi more tword mid/treb clarity. Neither are end-game quality. But I'd say Lokahi is a closer model for the type of sound I'd want from an end game set.

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #472 of 760
Quick L5 - Lokahi comparison:
The lokahi is less smooth than the L5. The tone of the treble on the l5 feels a little bit veiled whereas the the lokahi feels a bit more lively and perhaps rough. Theyre both very non fatiguing sets. The stage and imaging are def better on lokahi, but they both have elongated left-right staging. L5 can feel a bit flat sometimes, while Lokahi always maintains a sense of dimension. Lokahi is more treble/mids focussed, so the sparkly stuff stands out more. The L5 is a bit more cohesive because of the sub and open air design, but at the cost of separation and a bit of perceived resolution, which lokahi does better. The lokahi is the more engaging set, so i'd choose it more often than L5 but both are excellent non fatiguing all-day use sets. The L5 wins on comfort though only because of the venting, which is a weakness of the Lokahi. Id describe both as neutralish, but with tilt: the L5 more tword low end clarity and the lokahi more tword mid/treb clarity. Neither are end-game quality. But I'd say Lokahi is a closer model for the type of sound I'd want from an end game set.
Lokahi does check a lot of boxes for me, i am glad that is isn't harsh/fatiguing.
By the way, did you use foam tips or silicone for the lokahi?

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #473 of 760
Both. i only have a few foam tips that fit (the nozzle is rather small) but they made the low end a little mushy. They do fix the ear pressure issue though. Im currently using epro tips. They seem to bring the bass presence up a little.

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #474 of 760
Both. i only have a few foam tips that fit (the nozzle is rather small) but they made the low end a little mushy. They do fix the ear pressure issue though. Im currently using epro tips. They seem to bring the bass presence up a little.
I've been using the linsoul foam tips lately, they definitely elevate the bass, it's subtle but noticeable.
I have a 4.1mm foam tip lying around so i think it should probably fit the nozzle.

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #480 of 760
I am probably good 20 years older than precogvision so those treble peaks didn’t bothered me much. In fact, they sounded quite pleasant and refreshing even. Before sending out the Lokahi, I went back and forth between the Dunu Zen and I preferred the Lokahi’s tonality and presentation. A/bing really exposed Zen’s aggressive upper mids behavior and treble that are M.I.A

Hype dying down? Don’t be over dramatic guys. Be glad that @aminus didn’t get to hear it 😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back