Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Mar 28, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #406 of 760
Mar 28, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #407 of 760
Yes this DIY maker is very talented. I have a feeling that he will be snatched up by the bigger company.
Quite frankly, I’m amazed he hasn’t already been hired by a big company, for R&D.

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #408 of 760
Does he want to be independent or deal with the advantages and disadvantages of the corporate environment?

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #409 of 760
Linsoul should hire him. Let him do all his own work, on his own brand, and use their factories/tools/manpower/etc.

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #410 of 760
7DBA0C7A-7C86-43F6-B29A-55C4356ADF28.jpeg

The Lokahi is definitely not an enhanced-bass earphones like the Z1R, but there’s a lot to like about the clean, fast and snappy low end. The Lokahi has less impact and subbass extension than the Z1R, but its low end is tighter and cleaner. The Z1R has more rumble and texture in its response resulting impressively natural sounding low-end.

The midrange of the Lokahi is very flat and neutral in tone. It makes the Z1R sounds a little mid-recessed and a touch distant as a result. The midrange of the Lokahi sounds more transparent and has a “raw” quality to it compared to the smooth and liquid-sounding Z1R.

Treble is excellent on both- crisp and well-extended, carrying enough energy to balance out the overall sound.

The impressive end-to-end extension of these two are also reflected in their presentation, which is broad and spacious. The Lokahi again shows a very impressive feat of the sound engineering/tuning in this comparison.
How about soundstage and separation?

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #411 of 760
IMG_20210329_114321.jpg

Finally they are here!

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #413 of 760
Mine shipped. Due Thursday.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #414 of 760
Congrats! Give us your first impressions!

(Stage and imaging has not been well described yet 👀)
Still trying to get a good fit with these. I don't have much experience with universal iems. I use customs mostly, so the fit is a bit weird for me. With the tips that come with these I get quite a bit of pressure build up in my ears, and if I go down a size they are a bit loose. Finnicky but should be able to solve it quickly. Sound-wise I will come back once I get the fit right and have some time on ears before saying anything.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #415 of 760
There was also someone on hifiguides complaining about the pressure build up. I'm very confused now about what the vent is for.

There is space around the tubes in the nozzle, so your ear canal should be connecting to the cavern around the BAs and, in turn, connected to the vent. But maybe its sealed inside somewhere. Could be direct venting for a bass BA?

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #416 of 760
Mar 29, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #417 of 760
There was also someone on hifiguides complaining about the pressure build up. I'm very confused now about what the vent is for.

There is space around the tubes in the nozzle, so your ear canal should be connecting to the cavern around the BAs and, in turn, connected to the vent. But maybe its sealed inside somewhere. Could be direct venting for a bass BA?
Yea not too sure why theres still pressure buildup with the vent. The pressure is pretty serious for me. The better the seal the bigger the pressure, probably have to find a middle ground.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #418 of 760
I am quite sensitive to the vacuum/back pressure phenomenon. Someone else on the boards here mentioned a trick to help. You put a needle hole through the outer flange of the eartip. Maybe placebo, but I can use my Dunu SA3 now with a decrease in the pressure issue. Maybe give that modification a try?

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #419 of 760
I am quite sensitive to the vacuum/back pressure phenomenon. Someone else on the boards here mentioned a trick to help. You put a needle hole through the outer flange of the eartip. Maybe placebo, but I can use my Dunu SA3 now with a decrease in the pressure issue. Maybe give that modification a try?

Interesting. Ill try that. Also foam tips help. And I tend to have less of pressure build up with xelastic tips too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back