Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Mar 27, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #377 of 760
Also HBB just updated his list. Lokahi now sits second from top of the A+ tier.
That isn't a good idea. It just will grab more attention from the community and the DIYer will have to work night and day.😅

Mar 27, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #378 of 760
Just got the Lokahi.
This sounds freaking amazing.

I like it more than RSV or the IER-M9 already.

If you used a proxy service and got it for under $120, I can honestly say you’ve snatched up a deal of century.

Impression coming soon..
Maybe do a full review while you're at it? Would be sweet for us peasants who have to wait another month or two.. or three 🤮

Mar 27, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #379 of 760
Oh wait, you like it more then RSV and IER-9
Which are how good..? Lol. Lokahi still just a plain A to BGGAR(oh, I see he RAISED it one), and BLON 03 and YBF were higher than that not too long ago.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #380 of 760
Just got the Lokahi.
This sounds freaking amazing.

I like it more than RSV or the IER-M9 already.

If you used a proxy service and got it for under $120, I can honestly say you’ve snatched up a deal of century.

Impression coming soon..
That makes me want to try my luck via CSSbuy.
CSSbuy has weird translations. The Lokahi's item name is "Jiu Mu bathroom towel rack free perforated space aluminum bathroom bathroom shelf towel rack hardware pendant set".
I guess it's kind of a pendant set :L3000:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-03-27 12-36-27.png
    Screenshot from 2021-03-27 12-36-27.png
    410.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #381 of 760
Audio Lokahi
First impressions

5AA65DDC-B219-4A6D-83F8-559D78F4701C.jpeg

The Lokahi is as close to a perfectly balanced earphone as I’ve heard. The low end is balanced, smooth, tight, and extended. It is detailed and well-textured, conveying plenty of information. Impact-wise the bass is medium-low on the grand scale, not much greater in quantity than say DM8 or SA6, but more full-bodied and better separated from the Mids. It is also incredibly quick - I get the feeling that the BA drivers on the Lokahi could reproduce several different songs simultaneously and never miss a beat. Midrange detail and clarity are close to the RSV but vocals have better air and a dimensional quality to them than the warmer sounding RSV. The treble is best described as being “sweet”, but not excessively so. The Lokahis definitely sparkle at the high end and roll off very little to my ears. The IER-M9 sounds slightly more extended up top but Lokahi sounds less dynamically compressed. The presentation of the Lokahi is also larger and more dynamic, though the M9 is no slouch itself.

The IEM market is becoming saturated at an increasing rate. Still, of all of the earphones I’ve tried recently, the Audio Lokahi has been the biggest eye-opener, delivering clarity and resolution unlike anything else I’ve heard in this price bracket. It effortlessly produces extremely nuanced and refined sound across the entire frequency range, complete with fantastic instrument separation and imaging. Only thing I can nit pick is its BA timbre which lags behind the M9 by quite a margin. But for the price I paid, this is easily a gem of IEM in my collection.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #383 of 760
Audio Lokahi
First impressions

The Lokahi is as close to a perfectly balanced earphone as I’ve heard. The low end is balanced, smooth, tight, and extended. It is detailed and well-textured, conveying plenty of information. Impact-wise the bass is medium-low on the grand scale, not much greater in quantity than say DM8 or SA6, but more full-bodied and better separated from the Mids. It is also incredibly quick - I get the feeling that the BA drivers on the Lokahi could reproduce several different songs simultaneously and never miss a beat. Midrange detail and clarity are close to the RSV but vocals have better air and a dimensional quality to them than the warmer sounding RSV. The treble is best described as being “sweet”, but not excessively so. The Lokahis definitely sparkle at the high end and roll off very little to my ears. The IER-M9 sounds slightly more extended up top but Lokahi sounds less dynamically compressed. The presentation of the Lokahi is also larger and more dynamic, though the M9 is no slouch itself.

The IEM market is becoming saturated at an increasing rate. Still, of all of the earphones I’ve tried recently, the Audio Lokahi has been the biggest eye-opener, delivering clarity and resolution unlike anything else I’ve heard in this price bracket. It effortlessly produces extremely nuanced and refined sound across the entire frequency range, complete with fantastic instrument separation and imaging. Only thing I can nit pick is its BA timbre which lags behind the M9 by quite a margin. But for the price I paid, this is easily a gem of IEM in my collection.
It's a shame about the BA timbre. Is it particularly bad or is the M9 simply that stellar?

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #385 of 760
Mar 27, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #387 of 760
That makes me want to try my luck via CSSbuy.
CSSbuy has weird translations. The Lokahi's item name is "Jiu Mu bathroom towel rack free perforated space aluminum bathroom bathroom shelf towel rack hardware pendant set".
I guess it's kind of a pendant set :L3000:

Any translation from google will be weird ofc.
But if you could get pass the language barrier on Cssbuy, they offer quite efficient and trustworthy services.
I had already spent quite a bit with my membership, with many items delivered to me already. What is worth trying to do, I reiterate, is to indicate to the agent that the item is a pre-order item and should not be canceled if out of stock. On Xianyu marketplace it automatically goes out of stock and replenishes itself right after each order made. If they (CSSBUY) are unaware of this it will be captured as depleted stock. Good luck w/ the orders

Mar 28, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #388 of 760
Audio Lokahi
First impressions

5AA65DDC-B219-4A6D-83F8-559D78F4701C.jpeg

This graph seems a bit different from BGGAR's. Treble roll off is more obvious on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back