Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Mar 23, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #361 of 760
😬

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #362 of 760
I'm afraid this will be a long wait for the current orders and probably a second batch will never happen
2 more shipped, so there is your second batch. 6 down, ~44 to go. Reviews, please! =p

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #364 of 760
update: I finally found what sound closest to Storm, by pure chance it's the JQ 8+1. It sounds like its a JQ on steroids with more pronounced bass, while just as hard hitting.
Storm is equally open sounding and has good speed but the downside is that the high mids has a little bit of bite, that when coupled with its velocity, gets strident sometimes (esp. with vocals). Because of its musicality I am inclined to notice its coloration but it is not overly exuberant. Other than that, I like how it portrays instrumental tracks that demand speed and air (Especially for Hi-res drum tracks), it has an almost similar tuning to the JQ 8+1 but just not as controlled and clear (being a little more forward than the JQ). But then again, considering that not much people know of the JQ 8+1 my opinion could be quite useless.

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #365 of 760
My order xxxxxxxx7001 got shipped out this morning via DHL. ETA this Friday
anticipating your review, as it is one hell of a listen for its price :)

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #366 of 760
anticipating your review, as it is one hell of a listen for its price :)
Do you have other IEMs to compare with? I'd be really interested to see how it stacks up against something like the Moondrop Blessing 2, FiiO FD5 and Thieaudio L4. Similarly priced sets.

From what I've heard so far, the Lokahi seems to be in a tier or two above these.

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #367 of 760
FD5? Maybe for smoothness! I'd be amazed if it outdid FD5 overall. I can see it out-doing the bass of DM8, though.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #368 of 760
FD5? Maybe for smoothness! I'd be amazed if it outdid FD5 overall. I can see it out-doing the bass of DM8, though.
My biggest problem with the FD5 was the coarse and peaky treble. Just grating really.

I wasn't overly impressed with the FD5.
I thought it was too V-shaped and mids lacked that vibrant soul-touch quality. Bass lacked density too thanks to the semi open design...

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #369 of 760
My biggest problem with the FD5 was the coarse and peaky treble. Just grating really.

I wasn't overly impressed with the FD5.
I thought it was too V-shaped and mids lacked that vibrant soul-touch quality. Bass lacked density too thanks to the semi open design...
What do you prefer instead? Legacy 4/5? KBB? All the FiiO's I've tried so far have had choppy treble, so that's par for the course, sadly :/

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #370 of 760
What do you prefer instead? Legacy 4/5? KBB? All the FiiO's I've tried so far have had choppy treble, so that's par for the course, sadly :/
I would say a smooth treble response is something I value very much, along with imaging precision. Good extension both ways is also important, music feels incomplete otherwise.

I really like the Urbanfun YBF for reference, although it lacks treble extension.

Mar 25, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #371 of 760
update: I finally found what sound closest to Storm, by pure chance it's the JQ 8+1. It sounds like its a JQ on steroids with more pronounced bass, while just as hard hitting.
Storm is equally open sounding and has good speed but the downside is that the high mids has a little bit of bite, that when coupled with its velocity, gets strident sometimes (esp. with vocals). Because of its musicality I am inclined to notice its coloration but it is not overly exuberant. Other than that, I like how it portrays instrumental tracks that demand speed and air (Especially for Hi-res drum tracks), it has an almost similar tuning to the JQ 8+1 but just not as controlled and clear (being a little more forward than the JQ). But then again, considering that not much people know of the JQ 8+1 my opinion could be quite useless.
1616659445818.png

your post remind me my *used to own* JQ lol.... and i would agree with Lokahi is the steroid JQ with less technical
Full BA with good timbre

Maybe i should buy JQ8+1Pro again.... hmmm

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #372 of 760
Just got the Lokahi.
This sounds freaking amazing.

I like it more than RSV or the IER-M9 already.

If you used a proxy service and got it for under $120, I can honestly say you’ve snatched up a deal of century.

Impression coming soon..

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #373 of 760
Just got the Lokahi.

If you used a proxy service and got it for under $120, I can honestly say you’ve snatched up a deal of century.

Impression coming soon..
wow,

Mar 27, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #374 of 760
Just got the Lokahi.

Impression coming soon..
That proves BGGAR on point here😊. How about comparison to Dunu SA6? Oh wait, you like it more then RSV and IER-9👍

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #375 of 760
Also HBB just updated his list. Lokahi now sits second from top of the A+ tier.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-03-27-02-18-19.png
    Capture+_2021-03-27-02-18-19.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back