Audio Grade Fuses
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #781 of 797
I wouldn't doubt that this sounds the best vs fuses. But, this one actually seems too risky for me. If that breaker fails at all, ever, for any reason...you, your gear, and home are in danger.
That is a valid point. On the other hand it is a matter the manufacturer takee this too seriuos. The EU permission came (as I understood it) beacause of EU conformity. I have trust in the business after discussing the matter.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #782 of 797
Never heard about this solution before, but I found it to be intresting enough to try one. I can confirm the followings:
- the product is legit, it exists and works
- customer contact is excellent
- there is an EU Version, since I use one

The early impressions are really good, I cued up some songs I heard about a 1000 times and yep...there was even more to them. I will definitely buy more. And I am much more confident with this solution as with blow fuse which sometimes costs more as this eqiupment.

So, thanks for the info.

IMG_1425.jpeg
Can you show pictures of the socket in the Device?

Is there a Schuko socket to use our regular power cables?

Otherwise we mix our power cables with the pigtail cables, which doesn't have to be bad, but some habe probably enough OCD to need the same cable before and after

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #783 of 797
Can you show pictures of the socket in the Device?

Is there a Schuko socket to use our regular power cables?

Otherwise we mix our power cables with the pigtail cables, which doesn't have to be bad, but some habe probably enough OCD to need the same cable before and after
Here is my cable with the box. I did order them together and I think that is the reason I got it with non-EU socket. The cable matches the box. The other side of the box is standard EU socket.

I am sure you can specify this at the order, I did not do it.

IMG_1431.jpeg

Another info regarding the safety of the product: Normal state is in the off position - will only allow current if everything is OK. The green LED flashes upon connection it to the mains, then there is a silent click from the device and only after that lights the LED contiously. So, there is even a start-up process where a check is being made.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #784 of 797
Here is my cable with the box. I did order them together and I think that is the reason I got it with non-EU socket. The cable matches the box. The other side of the box is standard EU socket.

I am sure you can specify this at the order, I did not do it.

IMG_1431.jpeg

Another info regarding the safety of the product: Normal state is in the off position - will only allow current if everything is OK. The green LED flashes upon connection it to the mains, then there is a silent click from the device and only after that lights the LED contiously. So, there is even a start-up process where a check is being made.
I wonder wether the socket would be replaced with schuko sockets.
Otherwise EU customers would always need adapters, which then might be a new weak link in the chain.
Assuming they want to keep using the same power cords for the whole connection

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #785 of 797
I wonder wether the socket would be replaced with schuko sockets.
Otherwise EU customers would always need adapters, which then might be a new weak link in the chain.
Assuming they want to keep using the same power cords for the whole connection
The other side has EU socket, so I am sure it is a question of specification upon ordering. I did not thought about it, just ordered together with the cable. Mainly because I do not have a good quality power cable at hand which is this short. And I do not need two full lenghts power cable chained. I have a Shunyata VENOM power cable after it but I am not sure it matters since I am using a Stromtank. But who knows...this things has an effect too and I had my doubts about it. Sometimes audio does not makes any sense...

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #786 of 797
The other side has EU socket, so I am sure it is a question of specification upon ordering. I did not thought about it, just ordered together with the cable. Mainly because I do not have a good quality power cable at hand which is this short. And I do not need two full lenghts power cable chained. I have a Shunyata VENOM power cable after it but I am not sure it matters since I am using a Stromtank. But who knows...this things has an effect too and I had my doubts about it. Sometimes audio does not makes any sense...
Doesn't the other side have a regular C15 like all the devices do?
Wouldn't make much sense to have 2 wall sockets on the Device 🤔

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #787 of 797
Doesn't the other side have a regular C15 like all the devices do?
Wouldn't make much sense to have 2 wall sockets on the Device 🤔
Umm...the other side has regular EU socket. I can make later photo but I just swithed everything on. You don't need two socket on the device.

Here you can see the pigtail cable I got goes into the device and my original power cord (EU) goes to the other side of the box.

IMG_1432.jpeg

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #788 of 797
Umm...the other side has regular EU socket. I can make later photo but I just swithed everything on. You don't need two socket on the device.

Here you can see the pigtail cable I got goes into the device and my original power cord (EU) goes to the other side of the box.

IMG_1432.jpeg
Your other cable connects with the C15 connector, which is the same for both US/EU and many others.
The EU schuko plug connects to your stromtank/wall. Does it not?

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #789 of 797
Sorry, I do not know how to describe the situation more specific. It is really simple. The pigtail cable connects to my amp, that goes into one side of the digital switch, then comes my original power cable. One side is connected to the other side of the virtual switch the other side of the power cable to the Stromtank. It is a chain.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #790 of 797
Sorry, I do not know how to describe the situation more specific. It is really simple. The pigtail cable connects to my amp, that goes into one side of the digital switch, then comes my original power cable. One side is connected to the other side of the virtual switch the other side of the power cable to the Stromtank. It is a chain.
Yeah but the side for the pigtail only works with US cables if you don't want to use the pigtail as new weak link

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #791 of 797
Yeah but the side for the pigtail only works with US cables if you don't want to use the pigtail as new weak link
Ummm...it is US in my case, you can customise it to EU (both side). But I think I reached my language barrier here, because I just repeat myself, sorry for that.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #792 of 797
Ummm...it is US in my case, you can customise it to EU (both side). But I think I reached my language barrier here, because I just repeat myself, sorry for that.
Ah okay, so this can be changed as well. Good to know

Apr 30, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #793 of 797
Another SDFB owner here. Using with Paradigm Active 40v2 speakers. They're the real deal. Best upgrade I've made outside of speakers/amp/subwoofer/dac. No issues. Entire sound quality increase across the board. I didn't want to risk expensive fuses blowing for no other reason than bad quality control. Completely satisfied and won't go back to not using SDFB with my powered equipment.

Swiss Digital offers 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee. Just a warning. If you order the SDFB, you're not going to want to send it back.

May 2, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #794 of 797
Been thinking exactly the same thing. Did you try the Master?
Yes, I did. Sorry for not replying earlier - been running the MasterFuse in. I'm not the best at describing the differences in sound quality but I would say that the soundstage sounds more open and there is even more resolution of fine detail. It is even easier to follow the individual musical lines if you are inclined to, while the music seems to flow that bit better. Is it a subtle or a big upgrade? For me it's somewhere in between though now I have those changes I'd rather keep them. I was able to get a 10% discount on it and sold my SR Purple on eBay so it cost me about £400 overall. Yes, that's a lot of money but I'm not sure I could get those improvements any cheaper by changing my components. (Though see below!) So to answer my own question I would say it is a worthwhile upgrade.
However, now for a gripe about SR. As soon as I had bought the SR MasterFuse SR announced the introduction of a new 'Pink' fuse. If you read the description it sounds as if this is SR's new top performing fuse and yet it sells for less than half the price of the MasterFuse! (Pink £250 Master £595 UK prices) If that's the case where does that leave the MasterFuse? Will SR quietly withdraw it as their stocks run down? Also makes me wonder if I could have achieved the same results as using the Master for less than half the price. I'll be very interested to read any forthcoming comparisons between the performance of the two fuses.
I'll mention something which happened when I was checking which of my SR Purples looked the best (don't know if anyone else has had the printed part on the central bit of the fuse come loose? Doesn't affect the sound but it doesn't look good.) for sale on eBay I inadvertently put one back in the opposite direction to the others. When I came back to listen I found the sound was not quite right it sounded too rich, a bit slow and congested. Point being I was quite surprised that such a small mistake could have such a big (negative) impact on the SQ.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #795 of 797
Yes, I did. Sorry for not replying earlier - been running the MasterFuse in. I'm not the best at describing the differences in sound quality but I would say that the soundstage sounds more open and there is even more resolution of fine detail. It is even easier to follow the individual musical lines if you are inclined to, while the music seems to flow that bit better. Is it a subtle or a big upgrade? For me it's somewhere in between though now I have those changes I'd rather keep them. I was able to get a 10% discount on it and sold my SR Purple on eBay so it cost me about £400 overall. Yes, that's a lot of money but I'm not sure I could get those improvements any cheaper by changing my components. (Though see below!) So to answer my own question I would say it is a worthwhile upgrade.
However, now for a gripe about SR. As soon as I had bought the SR MasterFuse SR announced the introduction of a new 'Pink' fuse. If you read the description it sounds as if this is SR's new top performing fuse and yet it sells for less than half the price of the MasterFuse! (Pink £250 Master £595 UK prices) If that's the case where does that leave the MasterFuse? Will SR quietly withdraw it as their stocks run down? Also makes me wonder if I could have achieved the same results as using the Master for less than half the price. I'll be very interested to read any forthcoming comparisons between the performance of the two fuses.
I'll mention something which happened when I was checking which of my SR Purples looked the best (don't know if anyone else has had the printed part on the central bit of the fuse come loose? Doesn't affect the sound but it doesn't look good.) for sale on eBay I inadvertently put one back in the opposite direction to the others. When I came back to listen I found the sound was not quite right it sounded too rich, a bit slow and congested. Point being I was quite surprised that such a small mistake could have such a big (negative) impact on the SQ.
The Master fuse has a different Role than yellow, purple and the others.
They advertise to only use one or very few in the whole chain while for the others it's recommended to upgrade all devices.

Guess that wouldn't make it too bad if there is something new to replace the purple in the lineup.

Also that fuses are directional is hard to grasp, it shouldn't be but yet there are differences reported.

Regarding the looks, my own purple also doesn't look that nice anymore, not a Sturdy finish for sure, luckily this is purely an aesthetic flaw and still works and sounds as intended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back