Audio Grade Fuses
Jan 7, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #751 of 797
Any pointer to good dealers in NA for SR Purple fuse would be appreciated
Alfred at Highend Electronics.

https://highend-electronics.com/products/synergistic-research-purple-quantum-fuses

I have bought all my fuses (Purple, M1, and Master), from Alfred with great success.

I moved up from Purple to M1 to Master. The Purple is great, the M1 is even better, and the Master is named appropriately and is in a league of it's own.

The Purple and M1 each have their own unique flavoring with improvements in quite a few areas, and the Master opens up the flood gates and makes everything and then some sound better. The Purple and M1 are more like tweaks to an existing sound, and the Master is like upgrading a major component with a completely better (more transparent and dynamic) sound.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #752 of 797
Has anyone here tried the Swiss Digital Fuse Box yet? I'm waiting for the 240v version to come to market, don't want to risk buying anymore expensive fuses that blow for no good reason :rage:
https://verafiaudiollc.com/products/best-audio-products/swiss-digital-fuse-box-52299809
Not I but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Just read the What's Best thread. Feedback very positive there. Interesting reading the back and forth with the vendor.

I'm also 240v, will watch with interest. In the meantime might have to very temporarily try a DIY sluggo (maybe a few strands of some high gauge Mundorf Angelique I have here) vs my sole audiophile fuse, an AM M-1.

Jan 18, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #753 of 797
Does th SR Master fuse- during first week of burn in have periods where sound gets worse and then returns to getting better- or is it constant improvement as burn in continues?

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #754 of 797
Does th SR Master fuse- during first week of burn in have periods where sound gets worse and then returns to getting better- or is it constant improvement as burn in continues?
Not sure about SR specifically but sometimes fuses do that.

Sound character fluctuates until its fully burned in.

Sometimes bass just flattens then comes back stronger after a few days. 🤷‍♂️

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #755 of 797
I didn't experience any periods of the sound getting worse with the Master. The Master sounded killer from the start, and just kept getting better in my system.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #756 of 797
According to my experience, the Master fuse gets significantly better starting from the second week of a non-stop burn in (14*24 = 336 hours, which is in line with the SR requirements).

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #758 of 797
I had a minor dip during burn in, but nowhere near as major changes as the purple or other cables/components.
Yeah, I have had the Purple and Audio Magic M1 as well, and both of those had their ups and downs during burn-in, and with the Master it was more smooth sailing to the top. The Master is on another level in all regards. I feel the Purple and M1 add their own unique flavoring to an existing sound, and the Master just opens up the flood gates and lets the gear be all it can be.

The Master fuse is named appropriately.

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #759 of 797
Not sure about SR specifically but sometimes fuses do that.

Sound character fluctuates until its fully burned in.

Sometimes bass just flattens then comes back stronger after a few days. 🤷‍♂️
Tubes and cables can do the same thing, and it's always interesting how things can change after some burn-in. Some of my Russian tubes have been the worst, with what seemed like a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs for hundred's of hours, before they settled down and ended up being some of my favorites. I am a big believer in not passing judgment before burn-in for all my gear, and especially with tubes, cables and fuses.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #760 of 797
Tubes and cables can do the same thing, and it's always interesting how things can change after some burn-in. Some of my Russian tubes have been the worst, with what seemed like a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs for hundred's of hours, before they settled down and ended up being some of my favorites. I am a big believer in not passing judgment before burn-in for all my gear, and especially with tubes, cables and fuses.
Lol I'm finding this out with the tubes.

Some of these NOS tubes take a really long time to burn in and fluctuate quite a bit. Its weird because some fluctuate alot some not so much.

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #761 of 797
I’m currently using a SR purple 2.5A in my DNA stellaris, but was wondering if I could get by with trying it in my Innuos Zenith Mk3. I’m not hearing a huge difference, I don’t think lol. I’m still early on in this process, maybe 100hrs or less. Recently I think it was a bit harsh and I flipped it around and I feel it’s a bit better, smoother and maybe a bit more bass and texture. I had the SR going in the direction of the power cable into the amp but I think it needs to be flipped, SR away from the amp (how I have it now). Looks like the Innuos does it that way too.

It states the following:
Stock = Slow Blow, 2A, 250V

Trying a audiophile fuse, recommend a step up to a 3.15A rated fuse

Has anyone tried a 2.5A in a few Innuos?

https://innuos.com/kb/replacing-the-fuse-on-innuos-products/

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #762 of 797
I followed the guide and used an 3.15A fuse. However, it seems that there is place for another fuse. Innuos uses the fuse drawer from Schurter 4301.1413 in its products, with a metal bar in parallel to the the fuse. Shall it make sense to replace it with another audiophile fuse? I guess that otherwise most of the benefits from the first fuse disappear. This bar is not even made of copper.
Screenshot_2024-01-21-22-03-20-10_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

8671782.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #763 of 797
I am thinking of getting a SR purple fuse for my combined dac/headphone amp (Holoaudio Cyan).

Is it best to change the internal fuse of a component , or change the fuse in the plug of the power cord that goes to that component?

Feb 6, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #764 of 797
Further to my last question, has anyone ever changed the internal fuse of a component and also the fuse in the power cord's plug, and heard a significant change over just changing one of the fuses?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #765 of 797
I’m currently using a SR purple 2.5A in my DNA stellaris, but was wondering if I could get by with trying it in my Innuos Zenith Mk3. I’m not hearing a huge difference, I don’t think lol. I’m still early on in this process, maybe 100hrs or less. Recently I think it was a bit harsh and I flipped it around and I feel it’s a bit better, smoother and maybe a bit more bass and texture. I had the SR going in the direction of the power cable into the amp but I think it needs to be flipped, SR away from the amp (how I have it now). Looks like the Innuos does it that way too.

It states the following:
Stock = Slow Blow, 2A, 250V

Trying a audiophile fuse, recommend a step up to a 3.15A rated fuse

https://innuos.com/kb/replacing-the-fuse-on-innuos-products/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back