Audio-GD Reference 7 - the new flagship DAC
Jun 16, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #271 of 2,738
Stock cables

Macrog

Jun 16, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #273 of 2,738
Hi Macrog,

hav u compared between cd7se and m2tech hiface? are they miles apart?

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #274 of 2,738
Quote:
I've asked twice but you have avoided mentioning the price.  Any reason why?

He's an audio-gd dealer, he probably gets lower prices than we do so it's probably better to get a price quote from Kingwa.  What I want to know is how much electricity all of that equipment uses, and how hot the room gets :p.

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #275 of 2,738
CD7HE $1820US retail not including shipping
Reference 7HE $2643US not including shipping
C-3Mk3 I dont know the price as I only got the price for the upgraded power supply.

The Cd7se soundly beats the Hiface on cd resolution digital files with more detail, better imaging and better bass weight.

The gear doesn't get very hot. Room just above ambient temperature of the rest of house.

The Reference 1 dac gets the warmest.

Sorry I wasn't trying to evade any questions. Not all my emails to and from Kingwa are on my home computer.

Regards

Macrog

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #276 of 2,738

Is the HiFace a stock one or battery modded?

The Cd7se soundly beats the Hiface on cd resolution digital files with more detail, better imaging and better bass weight.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #279 of 2,738

Quote:

Next upgrades Ref7He Dac, Regenerative power supply for C-3mk3, Regenerative power supply for Cd7se.

Quote:

Please compare the RE7HE to the RE7.  :)  It is $900 more so I would like to hear your opinions.  Thank you.  Also, can you please show pictures?

As macrog said one of his next upgrades will be the REF7HE, so I think comparing it will be also on his list..

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #280 of 2,738
I am currently using RE-7DSp with PS Audio PPP and there are definetly improvement from normal wall plug-in.

I will re-design my multi-plexer PCB to improve my i2S input sound quality on RE-7DSP.

This is my configuration of my PC-Audio setting and I can say this configuration can beat any PC-Audio system easily.

PC- (1394) - M-Audio Profire 610 (JET PLL) with modi of master clock of Neutron Star of NewDClass from Denmark - (i2S) - RE-7DSP - PreAmp & PowerAmp...

Jun 19, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #281 of 2,738
My Hiface is standard at present. One of Jkenny's modded ones is on my list of must get things, but I will probably get a HiFace Evo first, when they are available.  I am keen to try an outboard superclock on the evo. A pity the atomic ones are so expensive. I just love the idea of an atomic clock (It sounds so James Bond :) ).

I know the Reference 7 Dac is better than the Reference 1 on rca and xlr outputs I couldn't really notice an appreciable difference on acss output.

Macrog

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #282 of 2,738
I have a chance to listen to audio-gd cd-7se and compare to hiface, on almost the same setup (additional rca-bnc plug).

The cd-7se plays with more detail and presence in a natural open sound. When switch back to hiface, I can immediately notice there is some missing pieces of jigsaw. cd-7se completes the jigsaw puzzle.

That is of course, cd7se without the regenerative power while the hiface is not modded, which I will soon.

However it is evident to me the days onwards are short of something without the cd-7se. [now recall what peete said about the cd7]

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #283 of 2,738
I see the Reference 7 is now available with a USB input for an extra $40. Is there any reason why you wouldn't choose this option?  
I like the idea of a Reference 7 with regenerative power but finding space for two  boxes is going to be a real problem and I wonder if the potential benefits are worth it.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #285 of 2,738

Quote:
I see the Reference 7 is now available with a USB input for an extra $40. Is there any reason why you wouldn't choose this option?  
I like the idea of a Reference 7 with regenerative power but finding space for two  boxes is going to be a real problem and I wonder if the potential benefits are worth it.

Depends on whether you already have a power regenerator or not.  Most of us that have one agree that power regenerators do make a positive difference, especially if you live in an apartment building. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back