Audio GD Reference 5 coming soon
Jun 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #303 of 482
I can't seem to find it on the forums at the moment, anyone have the pinout assignments for the 4-pin XLR on Audio-gd balanced gear?

is it:

1 - left channel +
2 - left channel -
3 - right channel +
4 - right channel -

????

Can anyone confirm this?  If not I will ask Kingwa....Thanks.

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #305 of 482
My Phoenix and Ref 5 arrived today. Happy to see that the chassis sizes are exactly the same. Here's a quick and dirty pic for anyone interested:

content

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #307 of 482
Nice one Jesse.  Are you still waiting on the balanced Denons?

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #308 of 482
@kunalraiker: I paid *checks email* on the 3rd of june. So just under two weeks to get to Aus. Have to say they did a great job of boxing it all up and Kingwa is a serious pleasure to deal with.

@Currawong: Indeed, sent them directly to the guy who recables them who is in Adelaide which saved a trip to the US and back for them. Hopefully should be here in about 2 weeks going by the quoted 4 week turn around. Went for the balanced furutech XLRs and Silky Oak cups. Can't wait!

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #312 of 482
I'd say because he went away for a week. Just a possibility 
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #314 of 482
Was slightly constrained by budget, and the OCD in me wanted the case size to be the same. Either way, I can already hear a significant difference between my Little Dot combo and the Audio-gd. MUCH larger soundstage and the detail and clarity has really improved, as has the separation of instrumentals. Wasn't expecting a massive difference, but as soon as I turned it on, I actually double-took because of the imaging. I thought someone had come up behind me.

Embarrassing thing was, I couldn't get the Phoenix to work, until I realised (about an hour later), that I'd pressed the preamp button which bypasses the headphone jacks on the front. It looks exactly like the power button on the Ref5 and the top part of the phoenix, and without thinking switched it on along with everything else. Also tried the Ref5 with the Little Dot MkIV SE and again, found a sizeable increase in imaging and soundstage. Really looking forward to putting some more hours on it. :) You'll definitely enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back