Audio-gd R2R 11
Mar 30, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #181 of 776
I know what you mean ,I tried direct USB connection with R2R 11 and it was unbearable,not trying to convince anyone but I actually prefer the hub over Eitr since it sounds more natural and low end is better controlled it seams

Mar 31, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #185 of 776
Hi, all.
How do the best to connect and listen R2R-11 - through coax, optics, usb? I don't have eitr, so I ask. Eitr costs almost as much as 2/3 of the cost of R2R-11. I think a little crazy to spend and buy it))

Also, another question: is it better to connect R2R-11 to 2.0 USB port or 3.0 USB port or without a difference, to which port? Who thinks so?

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #187 of 776
Hi, all.
How do the best to connect and listen R2R-11 - through coax, optics, usb? I don't have eitr, so I ask. Eitr costs almost as much as 2/3 of the cost of R2R-11. I think a little crazy to spend and buy it))

Also, another question: is it better to connect R2R-11 to 2.0 USB port or 3.0 USB port or without a difference, to which port? Who thinks so?
I use a usb 2 port i believe, located on the rear of the pc. They should have less noise than those on the front panel. At least on a Dell.

Apr 2, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #188 of 776
I have already wroten in the next topic.
I definitely like R2R-11.
Don't you think, that the Audio-Gd R2R is a bit muddy and plays a little viscously and not in detail?

Has anyone compared his sound with different DACs with good detail?

Maybe I'm stiff in my ear and don't hear something, maybe I'm missing something, if someone writes that he's not hear the details in it...
...but maybe everything is fine

Share please, experience, comparisons and impressions.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #189 of 776
Don't you think, that the Audio-Gd R2R is a bit muddy and plays a little viscously and not in detail?

Maybe I'm stiff in my ear and don't hear something, maybe I'm missing, if someone writes that he's not hear the details in it...

The r2r 11 provides an excellent amount of details, not as much as a Sabre dac or other delta-sigma offering, or the r2r 7. But its marginal. On the other end, it sounds more cohesive and real than anything at that price point. There is nothing to complain about soundwise as far as i am concerned. Many 2k dacs out there would be put to shame by the r2r 11.

It can rival most setups costing 5 times more. One limitation, it will not drive the bass with the same authority as more capable amps with difficult loads, like the he560, but otherwsie it will make these sing. One last remark, it also produces a soundstage and has an openness that you rarely see at that price point. In short, it sounds high-end.

You will always find contradicting comments, but these are very rare about the r2r 11.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #192 of 776

Maybe I'm stiff in my ear and don't hear something, maybe I'm missing something, if someone writes that he's not hear the details in it...

Yes, I find it slightly muddy and that sometimes if falls short on details or gets some details wrong. I've compared it to Master-7, and used it as a stand alone DAC + Master-8. Tonality wise it's great, very analog more than Master-7 and fun to listen to. Using it as a stand alone DAC can get strange, I played Kind of blue (Mile Davis) and I couldn't bare listening to it, even at low volume it was fatiguing.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #193 of 776
Yes, I find it slightly muddy and that sometimes if falls short on details or gets some details wrong. I've compared it to Master-7, and used it as a stand alone DAC + Master-8. Tonality wise it's great, very analog more than Master-7 and fun to listen to. Using it as a stand alone DAC can get strange, I played Kind of blue (Mile Davis) and I couldn't bare listening to it, even at low volume it was fatiguing.
Depends on the match however with the other elements. The m7 is very forgiving. If you put the r2r 7 in you setup, you would perhaps get the same effect as with the r2r 11. Has your M7 got the last firmware? If not, it is a lot more forgiving than any of the new r2r dacs.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #194 of 776
Hi, guys
What do you think if connect an amplifier smsl sapII pro (found on a shelf) to R2R-11 and use R2R-11 as a DAC? Or the amplifier in the R2R-11 is much better?
(note. the headphones I have Fostex Tr-80 (80 Om)

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #195 of 776
Hi, guys
What do you think if connect an amplifier smsl sapII pro (found on a shelf) to R2R-11 and use R2R-11 as a DAC? Or the amplifier in the R2R-11 is much better?
(note. the headphones I have Fostex Tr-80 (80 Om)
It is less powerful but is a feeback design. So you could get better bass control. As for the rest of the spectrum, it seems it is not so refined according to someone answering a question on a match with Fostex on amazon.ca, in the Q&A section of the amp description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back