Audio-gd R2R 11
Nov 26, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #91 of 776
I have a music library spanning different bitrates, so the switching pops are an issue for me.

I want to try something not schiit, as I have a few of their devices already.

Would these device work better with the xmos USB, or are the pops attributed to the R2R design?

If not this device, what combo dac/amp unit can compete with this device WITHOUT the pops say under $500??

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #92 of 776
I have a music library spanning different bitrates, so the switching pops are an issue for me.

I want to try something not schiit, as I have a few of their devices already.

Would these device work better with the xmos USB, or are the pops attributed to the R2R design?

If not this device, what combo dac/amp unit can compete with this device WITHOUT the pops say under $500??
Switching pops only occurs when you have bit-perfect playback mode on on your music player. If you're using bit-perfect mode, you can try to use SPDIF connection, they are no pops with it. I use Schiit Eitr with the R2R-11 for SPDIF output. It just sounds amazing with the Eitr, everything sounds so smooth and there are more details I can hear.

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #93 of 776
Have you tried switching Windows settings to 16/44,1 or do you reckon it is an act of sullying the audio perfection?

By the way, guys who use speakers with R2R 11. Do you experience popping with speakers? Especially when switching outputs? I would be mostly interested in the case of having two speakers individually volume-controlled, so with...let's say volume permanently set to 60% of a gain and completely regulating it with just R2R 11 if it is possible to notice some problems - I would like not to get a loud pop when switching from HP output to variable.

So, anyone having such experience?

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #94 of 776
Have you tried switching Windows settings to 16/44,1 or do you reckon it is an act of sullying the audio perfection?

By the way, guys who use speakers with R2R 11. Do you experience popping with speakers? Especially when switching outputs? I would be mostly interested in the case of having two speakers individually volume-controlled, so with...let's say volume permanently set to 60% of a gain and completely regulating it with just R2R 11 if it is possible to notice some problems - I would like not to get a loud pop when switching from HP output to variable.

So, anyone having such experience?
There is a pop, but its not too loud. I use my monitors with it daily.

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #95 of 776
Can someone answer this: do the jumper for warmer sound effect the amp section or the DAC section or both ? I mean if I use r2r 11 as a DAC, does the warmer jumper effect DAC output sound as well ?

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #96 of 776
I have a question about using the amanero with foobar. Foobar works with a wasapi dll to support wasapi (foo_out_wasapi.dll in my version). It is able to adapt to any device normally. Do i need to install something special for the Amanero on the r2r 11? How does it work?

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #97 of 776
Can someone answer this: do the jumper for warmer sound effect the amp section or the DAC section or both ? I mean if I use r2r 11 as a DAC, does the warmer jumper effect DAC output sound as well ?

Hi, the jumper is only for headphone with high frequency response not flat, I.e. with a 10KHz peak and its works on final stage of Headphone only...
Warmer = High cut (Kingwa opinion)

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #98 of 776
Hi, the jumper is only for headphone with high frequency response not flat, I.e. with a 10KHz peak and its works on final stage of Headphone only...
Warmer = High cut (Kingwa opinion)

I use the R2R 11 as a stand alone dac to my MJ2 and it gives different ' sound flavor ' so I would have to disagree here and it effects the dac from the very start. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mr. Kingwa.

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #100 of 776
Came back to say that the popping is specific only
I have a question about using the amanero with foobar. Foobar works with a wasapi dll to support wasapi (foo_out_wasapi.dll in my version). It is able to adapt to any device normally. Do i need to install something special for the Amanero on the r2r 11? How does it work?
As long as you have your Amanero Drivers installed https://amanero.com/drivers.htm on your PC you should be good.
Now you have 2 options of using your device in foobar:
1) Through Wasapi (by installing Wasapi component in foobar)
2) Through ASIO as Amanero supports ASIO natively (by installing ASIO component in foobar)

Nothing more to it.

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #101 of 776
Tha
Came back to say that the popping is specific only

As long as you have your Amanero Drivers installed https://amanero.com/drivers.htm on your PC you should be good.
Now you have 2 options of using your device in foobar:
1) Through Wasapi (by installing Wasapi component in foobar)
2) Through ASIO as Amanero supports ASIO natively (by installing ASIO component in foobar)

Nothing more to it.
Thanks. I have had a try with a friend's unit. It's very easy to setup. My unit is coming in next week.

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #102 of 776
audio-gd r2r11 noise through optical input

I just got it jan 24 2018 (yesterday). I connect airport express to its optical digital input for airplay. Every time I start playing (no matter spotify or itunes), I hear big noise for 2 seconds. If I stop for a couple of seconds and then resume playing, noise again.

tried everything I can to debug, can't find the reason. no problem with other DACs or receivers. any ideas?

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #104 of 776
Im using WASAPI and do speaker listening all day,and yes i get a pop when a song changes from 16/44.1 to 24/192 for example,and vice versa,but its so quiet on both headphones and speakers I rarely even notice it.I havent changed any factory default settings so perhaps I got lucky?
Now that you've had it for awhile, what are your thoughts?

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #105 of 776
Now that you've had it for awhile, what are your thoughts?

Nothing has changed...I still enjoy the R2R-11...i havent heard the pop in weeks,and if I have i havent noticed it.
I like it so much im saving up to upgrade to the Master-11.

EDIT FWIW since I originally posted I have since added a Schiit Eitr to the chain,so now instead of going into the USB I am now going into coax,smoother tighter sound,and no other issues to report.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back