Audio-gd R2R 11
Feb 15, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #122 of 776
At some point it seems they were different, now they ship the same, my R2R11 has the marks also

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #125 of 776
I’ve finally got my R2R-11 working with my iMac. It turns out that it only works with the USB port nearest the stand, and with the latest release of Audirvana+. I’m using it with an AQ Jitterbug and Chord USB cable. In this setup, it sounds better than it did connected to the Shinrico via coaxial (but the evaluation is ongoing...).

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #126 of 776
I use the R2R 11 as a stand alone dac to my MJ2 and it gives different ' sound flavor ' so I would have to disagree here and it effects the dac from the very start. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mr. Kingwa.

I don't know if I understand correctly your comment, so in the R2R 11 manual you can see:
"Setting the R2R 11 with warmer sound flavor ?
Push into two jumpers in the points can let the sound warmer for match the bright headphone. (Please operate while the unit power off, and pull off the power cable if you want to remove the top cover board )."

And the jumper change only in the Headphone amp the frequency response....

Feb 19, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #127 of 776
I am thinking about improving my USB signal out of my iMac 27 late 2013. Do you think, buying the iFi iPurifier2 will make sense to pair with my R2R 11?

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #128 of 776
I am thinking about improving my USB signal out of my iMac 27 late 2013. Do you think, buying the iFi iPurifier2 will make sense to pair with my R2R 11?
Nah, iPurifier2 does nothing to my R2R-11. I tried to get rid of it, but nobody seems want to take it off my hand.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #129 of 776

I would think that a schiit Eitr would make a significant difference if using usb out of a computer.

Feb 20, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #130 of 776
Hmm, it seems, that R2R 11 is designed with very good noise reducing technology, what is also claimed by the company on their site. So, it seems to be true. In that case, I am going to enjoy the music and do not think about improving sound by another voodoo magic.

Feb 20, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #131 of 776
Hmm, it seems, that R2R 11 is designed with very good noise reducing technology, what is also claimed by the company on their site. So, it seems to be true. In that case, I am going to enjoy the music and do not think about improving sound by another voodoo magic.
iPurifier don't work with R2R-11 is something to do with the Amanero interface, which already has good jitter rejection built-in. That said, Schiit Eitr has improved the SQ of my R2R-11 so much that I can't live without it. Somebody needs to measure what Eitr does so well with the R2R-11.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #132 of 776
iPurifier don't work with R2R-11 is something to do with the Amanero interface, which already has good jitter rejection built-in. That said, Schiit Eitr has improved the SQ of my R2R-11 so much that I can't live without it. Somebody needs to measure what Eitr does so well with the R2R-11.
Can you describe, what was the improvement with Schiit Eitr?

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #133 of 776
Can you describe, what was the improvement with Schiit Eitr?
Well, its has been a while since I didn't use the Eitr in the chain, but the most apparent improvement for me is the bass performance and soundstage. Bass quantity is plenty and well-extended, soundstaging width is noticeably larger and the instrument separation is much improved. Vocal becomes less harsh and sibilant and without digital shrill. All of these without coloring the sound. Also note that I notice these improvements while using a neutral and detailed set of headphone that is M1060, the improvements is less noticeable with a dark and colored headphone like the Sennheiser HD660S.

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #134 of 776
I like to think I can hear a slight improvement (blacker background, deeper image) with the AQ Jitterbug, but the difference is very small.

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #135 of 776
I made a comparison on the other thread.

"Now that my R2R-11 is finally done burning-in (>120 hrs), at least to my ears the sound is now opening up. Compared to a Chord Mojo, this dacamp is definitely has a lot less details (with Mojo I can hear lots of things) but sounds more musical and resolving, warmer and smoother in the low and top end. I also noticed that the background is not so black, feels like the sound is colored a little bit, even with a iPurifier2 attached to it. Chord Mojo has a completely black background when using a iPurifier2 with it. Mojo has the "in your face" kind of sound while the R2R-11 is more surround-like, for lack of vocabulary. Mojo beats this dacamp in terms of sound separation, I sometimes cannot figure out where the sound comes from with the R2R-11. It is apparent when playing music with lots of stuffs going on in the background, especially with Rock. I play competitive games a lot (CS:GO) and uses Dolby Atmos spatial sound effects while gaming, and with the R2R-11 I can't pinpoint the direction of the sound as accurate as when I'm using the Mojo. As it stands I definitely like the Mojo more solely due to the details and separation it produces which suits me more for my needs. But make no mistake the R2R-11 is no slouch, for classical and live performances the sound it produces is simply breathtaking."

Sounds so much like me few years ago :) ,learned pretty quick that there are only handful of so called "3D flavored " Dac/Amp combo's ,I doubt you find what you looking for from SS/natural sounding DAC/amp like R2R 11 (Natural/semi-flat sounding) mater of a fact is I had better results with my tube amps like Crack /Telefunken then any natural DAC ,casual gamer myself I was going to choose between music and gaming -end up getting NuForce Icon/KingRex combo and would highly recommend trying one ,had that plugged via Optical (crash-less since no driver need it without sacrificing sound quality ) for the past 4~6 years np

Users who are viewing this thread

Back