Audio-gd R2R 11
Oct 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #61 of 770
Your specific use seems like DAC only, given that you send it to a preamp. If you will not use headphones, R2R 2 seems like a better option.
EDIT: ouch but it's 400 usd more expensive

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #62 of 770
Can anyone provide impressions of the DAC section vs. Chord Mojo?
I made a comparison on the other thread.

"Now that my R2R-11 is finally done burning-in (>120 hrs), at least to my ears the sound is now opening up. Compared to a Chord Mojo, this dacamp is definitely has a lot less details (with Mojo I can hear lots of things) but sounds more musical and resolving, warmer and smoother in the low and top end. I also noticed that the background is not so black, feels like the sound is colored a little bit, even with a iPurifier2 attached to it. Chord Mojo has a completely black background when using a iPurifier2 with it. Mojo has the "in your face" kind of sound while the R2R-11 is more surround-like, for lack of vocabulary. Mojo beats this dacamp in terms of sound separation, I sometimes cannot figure out where the sound comes from with the R2R-11. It is apparent when playing music with lots of stuffs going on in the background, especially with Rock. I play competitive games a lot (CS:GO) and uses Dolby Atmos spatial sound effects while gaming, and with the R2R-11 I can't pinpoint the direction of the sound as accurate as when I'm using the Mojo. As it stands I definitely like the Mojo more solely due to the details and separation it produces which suits me more for my needs. But make no mistake the R2R-11 is no slouch, for classical and live performances the sound it produces is simply breathtaking."

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #63 of 770
I will use it mainly for desktop.. Just want to try the R2R.11 for my Stereo to compare with the Mav D2. :D
if i'ts much better i might use it there a buy another one or save up for the R2R 2. If budget permits..

Your specific use seems like DAC only, given that you send it to a preamp. If you will not use headphones, R2R 2 seems like a better option.
EDIT: ouch but it's 400 usd more expensive

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #64 of 770

"Now that my R2R-11 is finally done burning-in (>120 hrs), at least to my ears the sound is now opening up. Compared to a Chord Mojo, this dacamp is definitely has a lot less details (with Mojo I can hear lots of things) but sounds more musical and resolving, warmer and smoother in the low and top end. I also noticed that the background is not so black, feels like the sound is colored a little bit, even with a iPurifier2 attached to it. Chord Mojo has a completely black background when using a iPurifier2 with it. Mojo has the "in your face" kind of sound while the R2R-11 is more surround-like, for lack of vocabulary. Mojo beats this dacamp in terms of sound separation, I sometimes cannot figure out where the sound comes from with the R2R-11. It is apparent when playing music with lots of stuffs going on in the background, especially with Rock. I play competitive games a lot (CS:GO) and uses Dolby Atmos spatial sound effects while gaming, and with the R2R-11 I can't pinpoint the direction of the sound as accurate as when I'm using the Mojo. As it stands I definitely like the Mojo more solely due to the details and separation it produces which suits me more for my needs. But make no mistake the R2R-11 is no slouch, for classical and live performances the sound it produces is simply breathtaking."

Not quite a glowing review...I will have my own a/b soon enough as I got my order confirmation email from Kingwa earlier.

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #65 of 770
So, The Mojo is better than R2R.11? Waaahhh
It seems like it.. I don't listen to classical and live performances.. I listen to a lot of Indie music, Jazz, Funk and 60's pop. Seems like it doesn't go well with that kind of music genres i listen to.. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #66 of 770
So, The Mojo is better than R2R.11? Waaahhh
It seems like it.. I don't listen to classical and live performances.. I listen to a lot of Indie music, Jazz, Funk and 60's pop. Seems like it doesn't go well with that kind of music genres i listen to.. :frowning2:
I don't know about Indie and Funk, but Jazz surely will sound good with the R2R-11.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #68 of 770
Mojo is definitely a well built dac/amp and I can't recommend it enough especially for its size.

But, how does the r2r 11 compare to UD125?
R2R-11 is at least 2 leagues ahead of the UD125, it's no contest. UD125 is comparable to a Fulla 2, adequate resolution and detail retrieval, enough to drive most cans but certainly not the one that you use to make your cans sing.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #69 of 770
R2R-11 is at least 2 leagues ahead of the UD125, it's no contest. UD125 is comparable to a Fulla 2, adequate resolution and detail retrieval, enough to drive most cans but certainly not the one that you use to make your cans sing.

Cool. Good to know. I wonder how the r2r 11 compares with bimby or even mimby.

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #70 of 770
Do you think it would work with this configuration?

Android TV box (USB to) > Maverick Audio D2 > Tube Preamp > Power Amp..

I used this config with my Maverick Audio D2 flawlessly. I hope i could be able to do this with R2R.11. :D
My Android TV box has External HD for music. Using the phone to navigate files so it would be nice if i would be able to use the R2R with this config.
I'm talking to Kingwa right now to finish the order. :D
It should :)

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #71 of 770
Cool. Good to know. I wonder how the r2r 11 compares with bimby or even mimby.
I think their sound profiles are too different to compare. Schiit gear tends to be brighter and analytic. Some Audio-gd DS also sounds more like this. However the R2R11 is much warmer, mellower and more analogue (which translates as much more natural, enjoyable and life-like to me :))

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #72 of 770
I think their sound profiles are too different to compare. Schiit gear tends to be brighter and analytic. Some Audio-gd DS also sounds more like this. However the R2R11 is much warmer, mellower and more analogue (which translates as much more natural, enjoyable and life-like to me :))

I am quite agree that schiit gear tends to be brighter and analytic. Although it gives a good amount of detail, sometimes it just doesn't pair well with my headphones (was referring to bifrost 4490 + valhalla2). A little bit too bright I would say. Would the R2R11 pair wells with tube amp?

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #73 of 770
Would the R2R11 pair wells with tube amp?

I will try it out with my La Figaro 339 when myr2r-11 arrives,though I have tubes in place that are considered to be "bright".

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #75 of 770
The R2R 11 takes a type B USB cable,yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back