Audio-Gd R-28 impressions thread
May 3, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #1,653 of 1,734
is it worth adding DDC to gd-28 NOS
I have one with mine. I have the Matrix SPDIF3. Love it. In my experience DDCs can improve the sound but they all sound great before as well. DDCs are great but products are often talked about like it is not worth listening to music without them, like they are necessary. That is not the case. The R28NOS sounds amazing all the time. With my DDC it sound a bit better. With a power conditioner it sounds better as well. But none of these are necessary. Music plays beautifully through the R28NOS no matter what.

May 3, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #1,654 of 1,734
can anyone help me choose Audio-GD – R28 NOS or Audio-GD – D-28.38 , what is the difference
To quote from Kingwa(the chief designer of AudioGD):

They are not which is better but most different on the flavor and worth to own both just like you own some different headphones.
NFB-28 sound detail, dynamic, control but not bright and hash.
R28 had the exotic sound quality! Smooth, coherent and analogue, it had not emphasize anythings but had not miss.
E.g : You can image the NFB-28/29 like a high defined digital photo but the R28 is a like real oil painting.

This is directly from Kingwa, at the time the Delta/Sigma model was NFB28 which is now evolved to 28.38. The R28 is R28NOS.

Since, then I had purchased the R28 and some later AGD R2R DAC and according to my taste of music and my system, I enjoy the R2R music much better than D/S DACS. However, your appreciation of music may differ.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #1,655 of 1,734
To quote from Kingwa(the chief designer of AudioGD):

They are not which is better but most different on the flavor and worth to own both just like you own some different headphones.
NFB-28 sound detail, dynamic, control but not bright and hash.
R28 had the exotic sound quality! Smooth, coherent and analogue, it had not emphasize anythings but had not miss.
E.g : You can image the NFB-28/29 like a high defined digital photo but the R28 is a like real oil painting.

This is directly from Kingwa, at the time the Delta/Sigma model was NFB28 which is now evolved to 28.38. The R28 is R28NOS.

Since, then I had purchased the R28 and some later AGD R2R DAC and according to my taste of music and my system, I enjoy the R2R music much better than D/S DACS. However, your appreciation of music may differ.
I decided on the 28 NOS, I think it suits me better, now I have a Topping A30/D30 Pro and I'm not satisfied, so I'm buying a new Amp/DAC and I think I've found the right one

May 3, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #1,656 of 1,734
I decided on the 28 NOS, I think it suits me better, now I have a Topping A30/D30 Pro and I'm not satisfied, so I'm buying a new Amp/DAC and I think I've found the right one
I have the R28NOS on my desk and love it. I have it next to the Geshelli J2S and Archel 3 Pro with really great upgrades and the differences between the two devices pair them great together.

May 3, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #1,658 of 1,734
Hi,
can you tell me how I would further improve the sound of Audio-GD – R28 NOS

tnx
Ask @OCC7N. He has R-1 NOS, R-8, DI-20HE and couple exotic cards for the PC like USB card and S/PDIF bridge.

Describe you setup as well and how to use it (streaming or local files). Streamer, MAC or PC. On Windows a player app is important and whether you use Windows mixer, WASAPI Exclusive or ASIO output.

May 3, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #1,659 of 1,734
Ask @OCC7N. He has R-1 NOS, R-8, DI-20HE and couple exotic cards for the PC like USB card and S/PDIF bridge.

Describe you setup as well and how to use it (streaming or local files). Streamer, MAC or PC. On Windows a player app is important and whether you use Windows mixer, WASAPI Exclusive or ASIO output.
ok
thanks

May 3, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #1,660 of 1,734
ok
thanks
As a starte I assume the best possible buy from Audio-gd is the R28NOS. It is the best to get for the money if one is really interested in R2R and wants to go all in later.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #1,661 of 1,734
As a starte I assume the best possible buy from Audio-gd is the R28NOS. It is the best to get for the money if one is really interested in R2R and wants to go all in later.
at first I thought I would go for the BURSON CONDUCTOR 3 REFERENCE, but I read on this page that the 28 NOS is also better than the Burson Soloist. One compared on this page and said that 28 NOS is better. And it is even cheaper and has a stronger Amp

May 3, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #1,663 of 1,734
at first I thought I would go for the BURSON CONDUCTOR 3 REFERENCE, but I read on this page that the 28 NOS is also better than the Burson Soloist. One compared on this page and said that 28 NOS is better. And it is even cheaper and has a stronger Amp
Audio-gd sound is like - If you like it - You will probablly really like it. Hate it or love kinda experience. That is my impression. It is not an abstract different sound, but rather somewhere - adding what is missing to the sound, without the listener noticing it vs. without standing in the way...

Remember that everybody will mostly talk good about what they got.

One thing is certain, no matter what Audio-gd you buy, you will get much more than you pay for.

It can take a long time understanding how Audio-gd really sounds, but when you do it is a price :)

(....hint - how it is able to sustain notes of the music being played, like everything, every note comes through well taking cared of. Its the sound of gourmet for the ears, for the soul)

@sajunky is giving hint of the importance of the source, which plays a big role in Audio-gd imo. No matter what DAC you use. Source first. What is you source?

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #1,665 of 1,734
I mostly listen to di.fm 320 kbps so I would like to add Audirvāna Studio to improve the sound. I also listen to Tidal
Computer, a normal PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back