Audio-gd NFB-28
Oct 18, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #137 of 2,104
  Thanks. I have sent them an 3 e-mails over the coarse of the last 2 weeks and have not heard a response from them.

You will get an automated reply if they did received your sent emails. If you did not get an automated reply, your mails are likely lost in space. Mail boxes in china are sort of choosy over where the mails are sent from or which mail box provider.

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #139 of 2,104
I would still have been very happy if my 10ES2 got shipped to me.
26.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #140 of 2,104
  You will get an automated reply if they did received your sent emails. If you did not get an automated reply, your mails are likely lost in space. Mail boxes in china are sort of choosy over where the mails are sent from or which mail box provider.

Thanks. I have been receiving the automated replies everytime I sent an e-mail to their address. I just thought they would have automatically sent an e-mail with tracking number after shipping since it has been a few days since shipment. Anyways, DHL called today, and the item arrived in. I just took it out of the box and it looks really nice. Kind of dissapointed that it has some scratches here and there on the item itself.

Yes, it came from China, but was very well packaged. So my thoughts are it shipped like that....anyways, hopefully, I will get some time to listen to it and compare to my Schiit Magni and Modi on my Mad Dogs (v3.2). How it sounds is more important, but just thought for the amount I paid.....

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #141 of 2,104
  Thanks. I have been receiving the automated replies everytime I sent an e-mail to their address. I just thought they would have automatically sent an e-mail with tracking number after shipping since it has been a few days since shipment. Anyways, DHL called today, and the item arrived in. I just took it out of the box and it looks really nice. Kind of dissapointed that it has some scratches here and there on the item itself.

Yes, it came from China, but was very well packaged. So my thoughts are it shipped like that....anyways, hopefully, I will get some time to listen to it and compare to my Schiit Magni and Modi on my Mad Dogs (v3.2). How it sounds is more important, but just thought for the amount I paid.....

Hmm, email Kingwa, they usually have perfect quality control, never had a issue. Mine came with no scratches, cannot say the same for my Schiit Bifrost Uber, which came with a little nick. I need to stop using excessive commas, I apologize. xD

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #142 of 2,104
  Hmm, email Kingwa, they usually have perfect quality control, never had a issue. Mine came with no scratches, cannot say the same for my Schiit Bifrost Uber, which came with a little nick. I need to stop using excessive commas, I apologize. xD

Ok, I will definitely e-mail him, .........once I can get a hold of him. I see his message above and will use that e-mail as well to get in contact with him.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #144 of 2,104
^^^ See volume control section here:

http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB28/NFB28EN_Tech.htm

NFB-28 applies digitally controlled relay-based volume control in 160 steps. It has 80 steps in both high gain and low gain mode to allow users to control the volume level smoothly. NFB-28 has two relay-based volume control boards (totally four channels) through changing the DALE resistors to control the volume to avoid channel imbalance, achieving the best performance and sound quality of the gear.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #145 of 2,104

....I recently bought the Yulong DA8....

Quote:

....It will be nice to compare the DAC's through the balanced amp on the 28. Awesome feature for dac comparisons.
btw i ordered the dual TXCO & asked for OCC wires as well but they are included. Another improvement for the 28 that wasn't listed on the website.
Can't wait.

customNuts are you planning to share your impressions about Youlong DA8 vs. Audio-GD NFB-28? Especially concerning DAC vs. DAC implementation.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #147 of 2,104

Quote:
customNuts are you planning to share your impressions about Youlong DA8 vs. Audio-GD NFB-28? Especially concerning DAC vs. DAC implementation.

Hey SidiousX, don't worry, I haven't for got about you guys, been letting this little powerhouse burn in - & I'm glad I did as it has improved markedly imo.       It had a distinct hardness to the sound early on, also with a little glare which was quite fatiguing. The kind of glare you get when there's a lot of jitter going on - the kind of sound you can't really put your finger on but you certainly notice it when it's missing. As a result, I put it down to the digital section not handling the jitter as well as my DA8 & Denefrips did. Thankfully, after 100+ hours & counting, this phenomenon receded & the 28 started to shine.
Now unfortunately, I sold my DA8 to a good friend to fund the up & coming A8/D8 so I couldn't compare the two. They were however far enough apart for me to confidently say the DA8 was definitely the better performing DAC. The fact that you get the balanced amp with the 28 & with the price difference, it stands that the 28 is just amazing value. Off memory, the DA8 is more refined, more musical & less fatiguing (not that the 28 is overly fatiguing, especially after burn in). The 28 is lively, quite neutral but still musical, very tight sound signature with plenty of impact (most noticeably in the bass), Excellent audio-gd extension in both directions thanks to its fantastic power supply.    Both DAC's have similar level usb input - both top notch. Each dac improved approx the same amount from my ifi power & usb converter stack - a small amount.
I had really good synergy with my HD800's and especially my T1's. Just awesome cans with the 28. I haven't balanced my HD800's yet so they have another step to jump.     I'm still burning in, going for about 300hrs before I stop the additional burning in over night. Will post if I notice any more changes.
Hope that helps a bit. The 28 is highly, highly recommended imo.                                

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #148 of 2,104
Hey SidiousX, don't worry, I haven't for got about you guys, been letting this little powerhouse burn in - & I'm glad I did as it has improved markedly imo.       It had a distinct hardness to the sound early on, also with a little glare which was quite fatiguing. The kind of glare you get when there's a lot of jitter going on - the kind of sound you can't really put your finger on but you certainly notice it when it's missing. As a result, I put it down to the digital section not handling the jitter as well as my DA8 & Denefrips did. Thankfully, after 100+ hours & counting, this phenomenon receded & the 28 started to shine.
Now unfortunately, I sold my DA8 to a good friend to fund the up & coming A8/D8 so I couldn't compare the two. They were however far enough apart for me to confidently say the DA8 was definitely the better performing DAC. The fact that you get the balanced amp with the 28 & with the price difference, it stands that the 28 is just amazing value. Off memory, the DA8 is more refined, more musical & less fatiguing (not that the 28 is overly fatiguing, especially after burn in). The 28 is lively, quite neutral but still musical, very tight sound signature with plenty of impact (most noticeably in the bass), Excellent audio-gd extension in both directions thanks to its fantastic power supply.    Both DAC's have similar level usb input - both top notch. Each dac improved approx the same amount from my ifi power & usb converter stack - a small amount.
I had really good synergy with my HD800's and especially my T1's. Just awesome cans with the 28. I haven't balanced my HD800's yet so they have another step to jump.     I'm still burning in, going for about 300hrs before I stop the additional burning in over night. Will post if I notice any more changes.
Hope that helps a bit. The 28 is highly, highly recommended imo.                                

I think this mirror my experience. Also loving the HD800 on it (balanced). You got me more curious about the A8/D8.

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #149 of 2,104
@CustomNuts, thanks for getting back and share your impressions. I have already described mine earlier but with time listening and DAC "burned in" its amazing how 28 has get the ballance right between its musicality and details. Truly excellent DAC. CustomNuts, ofcourse any follow-up from your site i will gladly read.

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #150 of 2,104
So $680 can compare with $1300 - excellent.

I'm buying ASAP. Too bad no DSD support, it would have made things so much easier and fun :D

And for the record, Wednesday I'll have a chance to listen to the Gryphon Kalliope DAC, will be interesting, I'll be listening it for a bit and then when I get my NFB-28 (If there won't be anything better at the time) I'll post my impressions and maybe at some point in the future, since I'm trying to get a local distributor for audio-gd, want to let him listen and compare, show that price is not everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back