Audio-gd NFB-28
Jan 7, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #2,101 of 2,104
Does anybody know what the pure DAC line output voltage is?
I can read on their website pnly about the pre-amp (10V balanced and 5V RCA).

Cheers.
It says on website:
10V max on HP output
2.5V on line output (RCA) if switch is in position 'fixed'
5V on line oputput (RCA) if switch is in position 'variable'

RMS value.

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #2,102 of 2,104
It says on website:
10V max on HP output
2.5V on line output (RCA) if switch is in position 'fixed'
5V on line oputput (RCA) if switch is in position 'variable'

RMS value.
Thank you, sajunky.

Do I understand correctly that “fixed” is DAC line out and “variable” is DAC + pre-amp?
What about the XLR line line out?

Otherwise, where on their webpage did you read it? I have the D28.38 version (I do not have the switch, but simply choose DAC mode from a button) and looked here, where I do not see DAC line out described: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/D28/D28EN_Specs.htm

Cheers.

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #2,103 of 2,104
Thank you, sajunky.

Do I understand correctly that “fixed” is DAC line out and “variable” is DAC + pre-amp?
What about the XLR line line out?

Otherwise, where on their webpage did you read it? I have the D28.38 version (I do not have the switch, but simply choose DAC mode from a button) and looked here, where I do not see DAC line out described: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/D28/D28EN_Specs.htm

Cheers.
Sorry, I didn't notice. I took data from a current NFB11-38 web page, the same applies to other DACs, including yours. As your DAC has XLR output, you can multiply RCA figures by two, it will be correct answer for XLR.

EDIT. Yes. The same output, it is either fixed or variable (with pre-amp), depends on position of the switch.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #2,104 of 2,104
Thanks a lot for the reply.

With my lack of experience I am wondering, if I hook up another amp to D28, would the pre-amp (i.e. using the D28’s amp) modify the sound that comes out of the last amp in the chain, compared to fixed DAC option?

I am basically considering such potential setup, to drive very low sensitivity+high impedance cans, if D28 cannot cope alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back