Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Sep 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 1,577

Quote:
Any update on the impression? also want to know how it preforms in the speaker rig.
biggrin.gif

BTW, is your NFB-3 a 24/192 version?

Been burnin' in non-stop since I received it.  Maybe a lttle break in between.  Have not been home much since due to work, but took about an hour peek.  The impressions are very good indeed.  Just swapped the Ultrasones for some Grados and really liking the sound.  This is still testing mode but I sense a lot of air in the music and that is very good, especially with Ultrasones.

I have not paired it with the speakers yet.  Will let you know though.

I went with the 96 version after a few emails back and forth with Kingwa.

Is there anything specifically you would like to know so far?  I have a couple of different headphones and amps that I could try if you'd like.  Going to keep burn-in non-stop but I can plug something else to it in the meantime...

Quote:
how does it compare to the pop pulse dac?

Sorry Cya|\|, I do not own the Pop Pulse DAC (1796?).  I own a Pop Pulse usb to spdif converter.

Quote:
How about setting up a mini meet? I am sure we can round a couple of the locals at your door! 
biggrin.gif

Miguel, I'd love to do a mini-meet.  Hopefully in the coming months, I won't be working so many hours....Last five days I have been home about 6 hours a day and had to sleep.....Gotta pay the bills....
beerchug.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #18 of 1,577
Quote:

I have not paired it with the speakers yet.  Will let you know though.

I went with the 96 version after a few emails back and forth with Kingwa.

Is there anything specifically you would like to know so far?  I have a couple of different headphones and amps that I could try if you'd like.  Going to keep burn-in non-stop but I can plug something else to it in the meantime...
Thanks! Await your review then.
wink_face.gif

I'm using a A&B version Teralink X2 + Martix Mini-i for PC audio. I found that the Mini-i a bit too bright and dry comparing to my aged Luxman DAC which does not support 96 or 192 files............thus, I hope the NFB-3 (or NFB-2) could help.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #20 of 1,577
Kingwa has just replied me that even the nfb-3 is fully discrete. Pretty impressive for a 350$ shipped dac.
Do you guys think there is a competitore in the same price range (but not higher, as i can't spend any more than that).

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #21 of 1,577

Quote:
Kingwa has just replied me that even the nfb-3 is fully discrete. Pretty impressive for a 350$ shipped dac.
Do you guys think there is a competitore in the same price range (but not higher, as i can't spend any more than that).

If you are in Europe it it might be an idea to look at the Yulong D100 as you can buy that from ebay in Europe. That way you will avoid to pay V.A.T. and customs even though the Yulong might end up being more expensive(but also more versatile as it has a built in headphone amp).

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #22 of 1,577
Quote:
LOL.  I'm using a similar setup with the Mini-i atm upstairs-  Matrix Mini-i--> Musiland Monitor 01USD-->  DV336SE (pre-out)--> A5s.

Are you using the Matrix as a standalone DAC with another amp or all-in-one?

I use it as a standalone DAC, with single end output to preamp.
Actually Mini-i is not that unacceptable, especially when playing 24/96 files.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #23 of 1,577
Looks like something I would love. I think my DacMagic has the same Wolfson dacs and I prefer my DM over the Ref5 because of its musicality.

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #24 of 1,577
Would love to know how NFB-2 & NFB-3 compare.
popcorn.gif

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #25 of 1,577

Quote:
Would love to know how NFB-2 & NFB-3 compare.
popcorn.gif

Yes, that would be interesting indeed Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:
I use it as a standalone DAC, with single end output to preamp.
Actually Mini-i is not that unacceptable, especially when playing 24/96 files.
biggrin.gif

The Mini-i is a good complete package.  I have tried it in a variety of ways (all-in-one, with speakers, headphones, even as a usb to spdif converter).  I purchased mine when it first came out and my only gripe is the usb.  Two of my PCs did not recognize it and only does 48kHz not 44.1.  Maybe they changed that now.

Quote:
Looks like something I would love. I think my DacMagic has the same Wolfson dacs and I prefer my DM over the Ref5 because of its musicality.

Hey .Sup, just saw the new cables you made in another thread.  Great job.  They look great and fwir, sound great too. 
The DM uses WM8740, this one uses WM8741.  So many out there, hard to keep track...lol

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #26 of 1,577
Hi

i'd like to know how the NF3 compares to the DAc 19 DF . I want something warmer than the DF so i'm leaning to the musical flavors but they are too big and expensive!

thanks

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #27 of 1,577
lobe67: What other gear are you using? I'm thinking changing your amp might be a better plan.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #28 of 1,577

Quote:
HeatFan12 said:

Hey .Sup, just saw the new cables you made in another thread.  Great job.  They look great and fwir, sound great too. 
The DM uses WM8740, this one uses WM8741.  So many out there, hard to keep track...lol

thank you heatfan! Well this WM8741 could be the successor of the chip used in DM maybe so this could take on DM and beat it. I really like the musicality Wolfson DAC give and if its anything like the DM for 300$ this is a steal!

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #29 of 1,577
Quote:
Hi

i'd like to know how the NF3 compares to the DAc 19 DF . I want something warmer than the DF so i'm leaning to the musical flavors but they are too big and expensive!

thanks

Hello lobe67, 

The plan right now for Thur & Fri. is to bring the C-2 and DAC-19DF as well as a tube amp downstairs and plug them all in and have a wonderful old fashioned throwdown....lol.....My friend sent me some delicious 24/96 vinyl rips that are anxiously awaiting......

My DI has been shipped as well and hopefully will arrive by Thur or Fri....

Will keep you posted. 

Quote:
thank you heatfan! Well this WM8741 could be the successor of the chip used in DM maybe so this could take on DM and beat it. I really like the musicality Wolfson DAC give and if its anything like the DM for 300$ this is a steal!

You are welcome,

Yes, for the price it is a steal.  Great sound, dual WM8741s, 24/96 usb, 2 outputs
, 3 inputs, solid craftsmanship, great customer service....Good times....
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #30 of 1,577
I only wish even for my ref5 that it had 2 rca out instead of the acss. Like the ref 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back