Audio-GD NFB-15.1 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Oct 18, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #76 of 107
Apologies for quoting myself but...
Quote:
One question about this unit though. It came with a whole bunch of pins, i assume for the OS and filter functions. Do they need to be in before it will work? And what is the benefit/ effect of this? Toggling the switches seems to do nothing at the moment

Really interested to know

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #78 of 107
Quote:
Apologies for quoting myself but...

Really interested to know

The jumpers would be to change from variable to fixed output.  The NFB-15.1 has the filter settings on the front panel whereas the NFB-15 needs to be opened to change the filter settings with jumpers.  I had Kingwa set my 15.1 to fixed output so I would not need to open her up if I connected an amp to her.
Yes, you can listen right out of the box.

Quote:
Hello.

Wasapi 3.0

Wasapi 2.1

Asio Driver Native

look at the differences of latency

Hi Geoo,

Great shots...

The problem with latency is that each machine will be different depending on the devices the users have connected and various configurations.  It seems on your machine WASAPI 3.0 has lower latency.  I used to be obsessed with the latency.  I ran it one day for 12 hours and documenting every hour on the hour for changes.  It changed just a bit as time went on, but at the end of the day as long as you are not in the red, everything is good.  Even in my 12 hour marathon no matter what the fluctuation was, the result was not audible from output to output.

Here is my XP machine that I am using at the moment with the 15.1-

KS (Kernel Streaming)

ASIO

The NFB-15.1 was getting a little lonely so I gave her a little tube love to keep her company with some Beyers...

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #80 of 107
Quote:
I'll be doing the same with the SA-31 amp soon

Nice Tim..Congratz...It will receive a little diamond diff. love indeed....

beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #83 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want a powerful amp so that I can convincingly drive any headphone I get my hands on. I want neutrality (which is why I'm looking at NFB 15.1 instead of NFB 12.1) so that when I hear a headphone, I'm hearing the headphone - not the amp.

Do you think, NFB 15.1 is more neutral than NFB 12.1? I thought they are practicaly same, just NFB15.1 have better USB architecture. Or do I mistake?

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #84 of 107
They are very close but I found the 15 to be more neutral- it seemed the 12 was more rolled off in the highs (which might be good for some people). See if Kingwa will build it with the USB32 rather than the TE8022.

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #86 of 107
Quote:
They are very close but I found the 15 to be more neutral- it seemed the 12 was more rolled off in the highs (which might be good for some people). See if Kingwa will build it with the USB32 rather than the TE8022.

yeah, swapping TE8022 for USB32 would be perfect. I'm having problems with my TE8022 chip, it constantly causes my computer to crash. It doesn't deal well with windowsdirect sound (and it's kinda directed at pc audio - so I cant only use ASIO for playback)

and the tenor company won't release a new driver until march 2013 :frowning2:

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #88 of 107
Quote:
Kingwa himself describes it as more neutral. http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB15/NFB15EN.htm

NFB15 has same description, as NFB12.1. [size=x-small]Neutral but smoothness sounding ,it doesn't sound skeletal or digital (or metallic).[/size]
Well, it would better, if Kingwa would confirm it, if the sound characteristic is different, or exactly same.
I've like warmth of NFB12.1, but little bit shift to neutrality would be even better for me, as on HD600, it was too warmth.

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #89 of 107
Quote:

yeah, swapping TE8022 for USB32 would be perfect. I'm having problems with my TE8022 chip, it constantly causes my computer to crash. It doesn't deal well with windowsdirect sound (and it's kinda directed at pc audio - so I cant only use ASIO for playback)

and the tenor company won't release a new driver until march 2013 :frowning2:

Be warned, that USB32 is not without problems, for all people. For me, for sure not.
Windows XP support really sucks, to this day, I didn't make it work with ASIO, so I don't have bitperfect under windows XP. So, it's needed definetly hiface + coaxial cable .. I hope hiface interface works with ASIO.
Now, under Windows 7 I have problems with NFB11.32, that it doesn't support anything over 48 Khz (I hope I will solve this somehow, because other ppl dont have this problem)
Now, I don't know, if this apply to all USB32 interface devices, but NFB11.32 have another problem... it is very unstabile for powerline shortages... so if your refrigator (or other very demanding machine) stops or runs it's engine, NFB11.32 lose it's synchronisation over USB, and it freezes, or stops playing. You need to restart device by turning it on and off.I didn't have this problem with NFB12.1, so it was stabile over USB for these powerline shortages.

Maybe, it's related only to NFB11.32, or only to sabre chip, really don't know. But my suspision is, that it just break-up synchronisation of USB32 asynchronous transfer.
For me, addition power supply for NFB11.32 is needed, to work properly.

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #90 of 107
Quote:
NFB15 has same description, as NFB12.1. [size=x-small]Neutral but smoothness sounding ,it doesn't sound skeletal or digital (or metallic).[/size]
Well, it would better, if Kingwa would confirm it, if the sound characteristic is different, or exactly same.
I've like warmth of NFB12.1, but little bit shift to neutrality would be even better for me, as on HD600, it was too warmth.

Read a little further up on that page:

"[size=small]3, Redesign the amp parts to have more neutral sounding , better for reproduce detail and dynamic ."
That's what I was referring to specifically.
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back