Audio-GD NFB-15.1 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Nov 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #91 of 107
Quote:
Read a little further up on that page:

"[size=small]3, Redesign the amp parts to have more neutral sounding , better for reproduce detail and dynamic ."
That's what I was referring to specifically.
[/size]

Oh, you're right. That's awesome then, NFB15.1 should be then just according to my taste, as NFB12 was a little too warm for me.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #92 of 107
Quote:
Yes, it does. But I'm not sure, if this is meaning, that Asio4all doesn't work under Windows XP, as it has other architecture, than Windows 7 or Vista.

This article expains it:
http://code.google.com/p/cmediadrivers/wiki/Bitperfect

On the software side, there are some more obstacles: in order to play multiple sounds simultaneously, a so called "kmixer" / "kernel audio mixer" (XP, 2000) respectively "audio service" (Vista) which is part of the sound subsystem of Windows mixes them together and adjusts the volume of the resulting stream. Contrary to popular belief, the kmixer of Windows 2000 and XP doesn't modify the sound and is thus bitperfect if these four conditions are met:
  • The PCM/wave volume slider of the mixer (sndvol32.exe) must be set at its maximum. Some start-up applications modify the volume slider (e.g. hardware monitoring tools from Asus).
  • The player must be compiled for the same architecture that the OS was compiled for - e.g. 32 bit player on a 32 bit OS, 64 bit player on a 64 bit OS. This is the case for the vast majority of installations because the 64 bit version of Windows XP isn't very commonly used.
  • Applications other than the player mustn't play sounds, otherwise the two output streams will be potentially sample rate converted and mixed.
  • Applications which are using the soundcard for recording have to use the same sample rate as concurrently running applications which are playing sounds - the soundcard has only one clock generator and hence this limitation arises.

I have also noticed, that when I am playing music over ASIO, and I'm using wave output (onboard audio), wave slider in windows control panel has no effect on sound. But when I play sound without ASIO, wave slider in windows control panel works normaly, and can adjust the sound.
So I think, when four above condictions are met, ASIO works under WindowsXP, and output signal is bitperfect.

I return a bit to this post, where we have been discussing about, if in Windows XP, kmixer can be bypassed and thus achieved bitperfect setup.
I've found this article
http://www.audialonline.com/html/articles/kmixer/
where is mentioned:
"To check whether you were successful in this or not, open the Mixer. Make sure that you choose USB Audio DAC and not some other device you may possibly have in the system; you can switch between Mixer Devices using the Options > Properties menu in the Mixer window. If all is done well, moving the slider Wave should have no effect on the playback volume."

I've remembered to my old post, where I've achieved same effect, that wave slider didn't do anything. Now I see, that was a proof,  that kmixer has been really bypassed. So it is possible under Windows XP by ASIO.
Now, there's still a question, if bit-perfect output can be achieved even with kmixer not bypassed, with fullfill conditions, as suggested in upper quoted text. Any suggestions, how to test it?

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #93 of 107
It is true that Audio-GD is an upgrade every 3 months. Now they have made ​​the 15:32 version. No comment

WASAPI 3.0 no work. EVENT worked before, now I understand why it does not work. I look forward to new drivers.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #94 of 107
yeah, they also removed the drivers from the site, they require you to e-mail them now to receive the e-mail...

They told me they'd get new drivers around 2013 march, so hang in there Geoo =)

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #95 of 107
Well, everyone should except this move, that NFB15.32 will appear. They are switching to this technology.
I have interest about it, as my NFB11.32 seems too bright and dry for me, I remember, I've liked musicality of NFB12.1 quite a lot. I was just waiting till NFB15.32 will appear

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #96 of 107
I e-mailed King-Wa and asked if the 192/24 TE8802 chip would get new drivers - and he said yes. But they're holding off the productions on the products having that chip until new drivers are released from TENOR.

May 25, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #98 of 107
Anyone interested in purchasing mine? Got mine last year in September and has gone very unused as i work 11 hours in an advertising firm. I doubt that it has seen 50 hours of usage. Would like to get a centrance dac/amp for portability instead. PM me if interested

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #100 of 107
Quote:
I e-mailed King-Wa and asked if the 192/24 TE8802 chip would get new drivers - and he said yes. But they're holding off the productions on the products having that chip until new drivers are released from TENOR.

Kingwa has v1.2 drivers available for testing.

I've been running it all day w/o issue.

You can email him for the drivers, or send me your email address and I can email it to you.

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #101 of 107
Can anyone give an impression of the differences between this 15.1 and the relatively new Audinst HUD-MX2?

I auditioned the MX2 in store and had to turn the volume to absolute maximum to drive HD800's. I'm considering the HE-500's and was wandering which amp would be more suitable.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #102 of 107
Hi all!
Could anyone of you do a comparison between the amplifier section of this nfb-15.1 (or 15.32) and the Asgard 2 one?
What about the build quality?

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #103 of 107
Sorry guys, haven't heard the Audinist nor the Asgard 2.

But, I did just pick up an NFB-15.32 to replace my NFB-15.1. I'm going to sell my NFB-15.1 for a low price, if you guys are interested. I liked the NFB-15.1 enough that I just wanted to get the newer version of it, and because of a small issue my 15.1 has.

That small issue is the amp section on my NFB-15.1 is imbalanced - the left side is slightly louder than the right. I've used it DAC out to another amp, and the imbalance was gone, so this is why I believe it's just the amp section and not the DAC section. Despite this, if you plan on using the NFB-15.1 on your computer, this really isn't a problem - and hasn't been a problem for me either, since you can adjust channel balance in Windows 7 to offset this.

Either way, it's a great DAC (especially for the price I'm letting it go at) and a powerful, good sounding amp despite the imbalance.

Message me if interested.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #105 of 107
Anyone ever regret buying the Audio-GD NFB-15.32?
Felt you were not getting a good value for the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back