Audio-GD NFB-12
Jul 13, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #1,066 of 2,278

Quote:

beyersmile.png
 How does it sound? Mine doesn't arrive till friday from pacific valve 

I have been switching between my headphones to listen to them for about 4 hours now. I haven't noticed any sound change though with any of my phones through out my listening. So I assume they did a good job with the burn in, or that solid state doesn't really need a burn in. I haven't picked my side on that yet lol.
But as for sound quality I moved up from an Fiio e7. To me it is a big improvement as it can drive my k702 a lot better lol. As for comparing it to my ath-m50s through the nfb-12 sounds more natural and has a wider sound stage but it sounds less warm than the e7. I haven't felt much fatigue while listening thus far either. So overall I am enjoying the nfb-12 so far.

P.S.
As I read  before somewhere on this thread earlier that someone had a problem with their nfb-12 not sitting flat. I noticed the extruded aluminum frame on mine also isn't the straightest and it also has no grip on the bottom so it slides around on my table a lot. Putting some foam tape on the bottom at each corner fixed it for me. :)

Jul 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #1,068 of 2,278
Hi,

I'm trying to order a NFB-12. I was wondering, how fast is Audio-GD at email and shipping out orders after receiving paypal payment? I sent them an email yesterday but haven't heard anything yet.

I'd order from Pacific Valve, but they're all out of NFB-12's according to the website. Are there any other places I should look for one?

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #1,069 of 2,278

Quote:
Hi,

I'm trying to order a NFB-12. I was wondering, how fast is Audio-GD at email and shipping out orders after receiving paypal payment? I sent them an email yesterday but haven't heard anything yet.

I'd order from Pacific Valve, but they're all out of NFB-12's according to the website. Are there any other places I should look for one?

Thanks.

audio-gd is usually very quick with replying emails.  They usually get back to me within an hour, but you need to remember they are in a different time zone in China.  So if you email them around lunch time, they are fast at replying.  Shipping out orders depend on availability.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #1,070 of 2,278
You're right, I got in contact with them just now and placed my order. Dinner time here is work hours there, so it works out well. I think the reason there was a delay was I mistakenly emailed my order request to their paypal / tech support email, rather than the sales one. The website was a little confusing because the "Purchase" page only showed the paypal email. The sales email is visible on the "Contact" page, which I discovered this morning and re-emailed.

Anyway, should be nice. Can't wait for my NFB-12 and my Sennheisers to arrive :)

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #1,071 of 2,278
If Audio-GD has something "In Stock" on their website and I place the order for it today, when should I expect to receive it?

It will be shipped to California, USA.

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #1,072 of 2,278
I've heard that DHL can arrive in around 3 days, so pretty fast. But that's 3 days after they ship it out. If your paypal clears quickly they'll probably ship it out pretty fast. In my case they're good with replying to emails as long as you send to the correct one, but paypal is being slow. Just keep in mind that late evening here in california is the start of their work day, and vice versa :)

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #1,073 of 2,278
Wow! Really? That's almost like USPS Priority mail (2-3 day shipping) except it's international. I will definitely go with DHL then. Do I have to pick a power cable or something? Also, what other cables does it come with? It says a USB and Optical. Does it have a Coax cable too?

Quote:
I've heard that DHL can arrive in around 3 days, so pretty fast. But that's 3 days after they ship it out. If your paypal clears quickly they'll probably ship it out pretty fast. In my case they're good with replying to emails as long as you send to the correct one, but paypal is being slow. Just keep in mind that late evening here in california is the start of their work day, and vice versa :)

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #1,074 of 2,278
Well mine hasn't arrived in the mail yet, so I'm just repeating what I've heard.

When I contacted them with email to place my order, they of course seeing that my shipping address is in the US automatically picked the correct cable for my order (they filled out a form they emailed with all the info). I don't know what other cables since I don't have it yet.

Also it occurs to me that the 3 day shipping I read somewhere may have referred to once it arrives in the US... I don't remember exactly. Hmm. Maybe someone else with better experience can help more authoritatively :)

P.S. Wow... we're up late. Or early. Hmm.

Jul 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #1,075 of 2,278

Quote:
Wow! Really? That's almost like USPS Priority mail (2-3 day shipping) except it's international. I will definitely go with DHL then. Do I have to pick a power cable or something? Also, what other cables does it come with? It says a USB and Optical. Does it have a Coax cable too?

Power cable is included, you choose out of the 4 types they offer (100V to 240V, 2 pin or 3 pin etc).  If none is chosen I believe they will just decide from the country you're in after you fill in the order form with your address.

My one came with the USB and optical cables.  No Coax cable - if it's included I'm sure they would note that...

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #1,076 of 2,278

Quote:
If Audio-GD has something "In Stock" on their website and I place the order for it today, when should I expect to receive it?

It will be shipped to California, USA.

I''ve ordered from Audio-gd a couple of times, in stock stuff. It took 2-3 weeks to get to SoCal each time.

Jul 16, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #1,077 of 2,278
Thanks for the answers. Yeah I stay up late often lol. Hmm, are Coax cables better than Optical? Or are they pretty much the same? I think I could wait 2-3 weeks, it isn't too bad, I live in SoCal too. I just have bad experience with international shipping, ordered headphones from Poland on May 13th and hasn't arrived to this day.
frown.gif
Hopefully it'll be different with Audio-GD. Thanks!

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #1,078 of 2,278

Quote:
Thanks for the answers. Yeah I stay up late often lol. Hmm, are Coax cables better than Optical? Or are they pretty much the same? I think I could wait 2-3 weeks, it isn't too bad, I live in SoCal too. I just have bad experience with international shipping, ordered headphones from Poland on May 13th and hasn't arrived to this day.
frown.gif
Hopefully it'll be different with Audio-GD. Thanks!

Both should be the same.  You hear a lot of people claiming coax to be far better than optical, but that is from poorly made optical outs.  Choose one...

Jul 16, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #1,079 of 2,278
Coax vs Optical is a tossup. Coax should have the lowest jitter, but Optical is electronically isolated so it can remove interference from ground loop issues and such, possibly being a cleaner signal than Coax in certain situations.

If it's being used with your computer, chances are you only have one of either Coax or Optical so just choose whichever you have. Coax = Optical > USB for the most part, but the quality between all of them is probably indistinguishable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back