Audio-GD NFB-12
Jan 18, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #301 of 2,278
Quote:
Has anyone had a chance to compare the Audio-GD NFB-12 to the iBasso D6 Fer-de-Lance?

Unfortunately no, but the only reason for choosing the IBasso D6 is if you need a portable DAC/Amp, otherwise the DAC and Amp in the NFB-12 is better and its 75USD cheaper.
IBasso product aren’t bad, just you will always get better performance from a none portable setup vs a portable setup.

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #303 of 2,278
Cool, and according to Audio-GD i have changes nationality! I am from switzerland now! but my NFB-12 did arrive in sweden :p

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #307 of 2,278
Well, in that case do you get the discount since it ships after Chinese New Year?

Quote:
Quote:
Audio-GD has promised me 3 different shipping dates and as of today, they missed the third date. Very poor service. I understand the reason for the delays, but then don't give dates. A lot of people at head-fi would be more than willing to update their English page so it is more understandable and to provide updates. Easily solution to a serious problem.

I am in the same boat.  I was told a couple weeks ago that it would ship today.  So I emailed today asking for an update to which they responded - now delayed until "around Feb 15th."  Disappointing, but I guess I'll keep waiting.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #308 of 2,278
Thanks Buffys..
I was waiting for a review.. but looks like the more i wait, the delivery would get more delayed.. So i better order soon 
smily_headphones1.gif

Since this is the first time i am ordering one, any tips on what to specify when ordering one.. like the power rating(230V) and type of socket(3 types of socket is used in India 
tongue.gif
- http://users.telenet.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm#country_i  )..

Thanks in advance..

Quote:
Quote:
When you order a DAC do you specify a particular cable for power rating?

Yes, first you need to choose the power rating, and secondly what socket you want. (UK and EU (schuko), have booth same power rating but different wall sockets).

Jan 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #309 of 2,278
Ordered around Xmas, they bumped me to after Feb 15th at this point. Thinking about going another direction - a friend of mine wants to upgrade his X-Can V3 + X-PSU for his new HD800s, so I can get that for just a tad more than the NFB12, or there is the Icon HDP which may be a better fit for the office. No big rush really, the X-Can is actually pretty nice tho.

Jan 18, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #310 of 2,278
Well i still haven’t had that much time to listen in to it, as i only use it at work (i use my speakers at home). And I am maybe not the best reviewer.
And the only other headphones besides my Ultrasone are my portable Koss ksc 75. And i say they rock with the NFB-12. But they are not hard to drive! :p

But With my Ultrasone 900s listening to Michel Jackson "Stranger in Moscow", I find that the NFB-12 the bass have improved and gotten a more "punch" and quicker response (the Ultrasone are known for their bass). Before in this song, the guitar sounded more like a bass and had a foreword present, but now with the DAC i found it to be more refined and sounding a bit more as a guitar sound, and a bit more in the background.

Now there is no fatigue like before, so i found myself going for a higher volume, so i need to watch out so the sound don’t leak out to much.....
And the one of the best thing is that music of lower quality is now possible to listen then before. I found that i can listen to 128kps radio shows again as i couldn’t with the Ultrasones before.(It’s my favorite radio station….), but I find myself listening more to Flac and 320kbps music any way.

But I find that the quality of the recording is more important now, as some new dance music only has better bass and less fatigue. But still sound quite the same.

Hope this helps you vinay, and regarding the sockets here a picture from Audio-gd homepage to help you choose:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DAC19/Cable.jpg

Quote:
Thanks Buffys..
I was waiting for a review.. but looks like the more i wait, the delivery would get more delayed.. So i better order soon 
smily_headphones1.gif

Since this is the first time i am ordering one, any tips on what to specify when ordering one.. like the power rating(230V) and type of socket(3 types of socket is used in India 
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance..

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #311 of 2,278
Thanks BuFFys.. That was helpful...

Quote:
Well i still haven’t had that much time to listen in to it, as i only use it at work (i use my speakers at home). And I am maybe not the best reviewer.
And the only other headphones besides my Ultrasone are my portable Koss ksc 75. And i say they rock with the NFB-12. But they are not hard to drive! :p

But With my Ultrasone 900s listening to Michel Jackson "Stranger in Moscow", I find that the NFB-12 the bass have improved and gotten a more "punch" and quicker response (the Ultrasone are known for their bass). Before in this song, the guitar sounded more like a bass and had a foreword present, but now with the DAC i found it to be more refined and sounding a bit more as a guitar sound, and a bit more in the background.

Now there is no fatigue like before, so i found myself going for a higher volume, so i need to watch out so the sound don’t leak out to much.....
And the one of the best thing is that music of lower quality is now possible to listen then before. I found that i can listen to 128kps radio shows again as i couldn’t with the Ultrasones before.(It’s my favorite radio station….), but I find myself listening more to Flac and 320kbps music any way.

But I find that the quality of the recording is more important now, as some new dance music only has better bass and less fatigue. But still sound quite the same.

Hope this helps you vinay, and regarding the sockets here a picture from Audio-gd homepage to help you choose:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DAC19/Cable.jpg

Quote:
Thanks Buffys..
smily_headphones1.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks in advance..

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #312 of 2,278
Just got an email that mine shipped yesterday, so disregard my previous comment that they didn't meet the shipping date.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #313 of 2,278
And you ordered on November 22nd?

Jeeze, it's going to take forever to get mine. I'm waiting on so many "huge" things to come in the mail that have all been delayed repeatedly but are supposed to come within the month, it's ridiculous. Parts for my new computer I'm building, a Pandora handheld PC (preordered Sept 2008), some motorcycle parts, some other misc small electronics for hobby projects ordered in Nov, and now the NFB-12 is added to the list.

Both my Xonar DX soundcard and onboard audio suffer terrible amounts of interference in my PC, I shouldn't have given the Sparrow away to my brother. Everything was great, now my T1 sound like crap because the source is utter crap. If I didn't need something that was reasonably portable like the NFB-12 I'd probably just change my order to the FUN with WM8741.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #314 of 2,278
Yeah, the 22nd. I hear ya, I just ordered a Bottlehead Crack to build and they are out if stock on some parts so now I have to wait on that as well. Oh well. Should get the crack and nfb12 close together which will be fun.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #315 of 2,278
Well, they just told me they will arrange for shipment this saturday, so maybe not such a long wait. I ordered on Dec 17th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back