Audio-GD NFB-12
Jan 6, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #166 of 2,278
Fingers crossed
rolleyes.gif
and thx for the update.

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #168 of 2,278
I just got the following answer from Edwin from audio-gd:

Quote:
Because [size=10pt]now we had got many order that we need to finished the make until 28th Jan. So begin 1th Jan we can't accept orders and ensure can shipping before 28th Jan. So that if you order now,we need to shipping out to you after the 15th Feb.So if you pre-order now,you can get the 5% off discount[/size]

Having a cheapo DIYEDEN SVDDAC04 for my Denon D2000, I am still not decided whether I should try this still unproven 200 € piece or the well known and well regarded YULONG D100 in order to improve my setup.

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #169 of 2,278
Quote:

Having a cheapo DIYEDEN SVDDAC04 for my Denon D2000, I am still not decided whether I should try this still unproven 200 € piece or the well known and well regarded YULONG D100 in order to improve my setup.

I don't own any Audio-gd gear so I can't comment on their quality. I was considering the NFB-11 and the NFB-12 when I was looking for a DAC recently. I really wanted the NFB-11 because of the Sabre32 DAC chip and the very positive impressions that audio-gd gets on these forums. I bought the Yulong D100 because I wanted the DAC right away and I knew I did not have to patience to wait on a list. The D100 has a really good DAC but, IMO, its amp section is not as good as most others in that review thread think. Also, the D100 is 2 1/2 times the price of the NFB-12. I am very happy with my D100 but will always keep an eye out for high end Audio-gd gear in the future.

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #170 of 2,278
Hmm I wonder, would the NFB-12 and Matrix M-Stage sound better than the Yulong D100 alone? Does anyone know how good exactly is the NFB 12 as a DAC?

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #171 of 2,278
On paper it's really good, but none have been shipped out for anyone to compare.

Quote:
Hmm I wonder, would the NFB-12 and Matrix M-Stage sound better than the Yulong D100 alone? Does anyone know how good exactly is the NFB 12 as a DAC?

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #172 of 2,278
Cool, so some people do get answers to their mails, others don't. To be honest, not really an ideal way to trear customes....after all I have placed an order. Sorry if that sounds unreasonable or like whining, but with a the competion around the guys as audio-gd should be a bit smarter in terms of customer handling.....just IMHO....
wink_face.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #173 of 2,278
anyone have any thoughts on how the nfb12 might stack up against the maverick d1? i like tube dacs (have a monarchy nm24), but i have no option to hear either of these before buying.

thanks in advance.

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #174 of 2,278
Doubtful the stock gigawork would sound as good as NFB: the gig has run of the mill power supply and dual opamps for buffer and output stage, design-wise the NFB is better. However, the gigawork with output transformer mod direct from the dac chip is a whole other story... Same with the maverick. The NFB-12 compared to other retail DACs in terms of design is a ridiculous bargain. At least on paper. Your ears may make a different decision. Closest I can think of in design in that price range is the Gamma Y2, and I think if you buy it pre-assembled it's still more expensive. 

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #175 of 2,278
Just a heads up that I got a shipping notice and tracking # last night from Audio-GD for my NFB-12.  I think I placed my order on Nov. 22 so mine was probably in the first batch to go out.  I didn't really  mind the delay for quality gear at a great price hand built by a small botique company like this.  Looking forward to getting it now though!

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #176 of 2,278
Thats great news! I ordered mine the same day, so hopefully I get my tracking today as well. Are you in the US?

Quote:
Just a heads up that I got a shipping notice and tracking # last night from Audio-GD for my NFB-12.  I think I placed my order on Nov. 22 so mine was probably in the first batch to go out.  I didn't really  mind the delay for quality gear at a great price hand built by a small botique company like this.  Looking forward to getting it now though!

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #177 of 2,278

Nice! i also ordered on the 22 november. to the EU. but have unfourtently gotten no email yet =(

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #180 of 2,278

Got a email this morning (have been skiing all day) saying that my NFB-12 was sent yesterday! it will take 3-4days to activate the tracking code (DHL).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back