Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Oct 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #1,039 of 3,093

I believe the general consensus is that the optical sounds better than the USB.

I thought so personally back when I still had my HP-P1.  I would run my iPod > HP-P1 > NFB 11.32 using a TOSlink between the 11.32 and HP-P1.  I thought this sounded better than the USB directly from the PC.  The SQ itself seemed a little better and then there is the slight popping issue at start and stop of song via USB that isn't present when  the iPod is the transport.

However, it seems that you can mod the 11.32 by disconnecting the power to the optical out and this seems to fix the SQ issues over USB for whatever reason making it sound much closer to the optical in (or the same)

how do you disconnect the power to the optical out?

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #1,040 of 3,093
http://www.head-fi.org/t/624517/audio-gd-nfb-11-32-delivery-impression-thread/810#post_9642570

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #1,042 of 3,093

I'm thinking about getting the K702 65th as well, how much can you crank up the volume? do you use low/high gain?

I've generally use low gain at around 12-1 o'clock, which is louder than most people will play it. IIRC (not at home to check), if I use high gain, I can only go up to about 11 or 12 o'clock before I can no longer handle it. It has plenty of power for AKG headphones. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #1,045 of 3,093
  I just bought one for fun, and it sounds great.  I also have a 10ES2 and for the price, the 11.32 is hard to beat.

Just for fun? Haha 
The 10es2 and 11.32 have similar specs power wise. Have you noticed any differences with the 10es2 in SE mode?

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #1,046 of 3,093
Hey guys,

I've recently had to switch laptops and so I've been trying to install the V1.22 drivers on this other laptop.

First off, does it actually matter where I unzip the folder to? [I unzipped mine to C drive]

More importantly, every time I try to install the driver I get the following error: [i.e. "Failed to Installed components: Audio-gd USB Device Ver1.0]. This is even after I've checked the box.

I've followed the audio-gd's website instructions, i.e. turning on the NFB11.32 only after the laptop has been turned on. [Edit: not sure if this is relevant, but I always get USB device is not recognised when I turn the NFB11.32 on]

I've also tried turning the NFB11.32 on before the laptop is turned on.

[edit 2: I've also tried manual installation and it also fails:  The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device etc.]

So far all my efforts have failed.

Could someone help please?

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,047 of 3,093
  Hey guys,

I've recently had to switch laptops and so I've been trying to install the V1.22 drivers on this other laptop.

First off, does it actually matter where I unzip the folder to? [I unzipped mine to C drive]

More importantly, every time I try to install the driver I get the following error: [i.e. "Failed to Installed components: Audio-gd USB Device Ver1.0]. This is even after I've checked the box.

I've followed the audio-gd's website instructions, i.e. turning on the NFB11.32 only after the laptop has been turned on. [Edit: not sure if this is relevant, but I always get USB device is not recognised when I turn the NFB11.32 on]

I've also tried turning the NFB11.32 on before the laptop is turned on.

[edit 2: I've also tried manual installation and it also fails:  The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device etc.]

So far all my efforts have failed.

Could someone help please?

Thanks.

Turn On pc wait until everything has loaded
turn On 11.32 
switch input to USB
connect it to the pc via usb

run installer...  

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #1,048 of 3,093
Hey guys,

I have a pair of Aktimate Mini+ speakers (well actually I have them on order), with no sub-woofer as of yet as I'm using in a small room and apparently they have decent bass.

I can't decide between the 11.32 or the 15.32 however, I have been wracking my brain over the past few days.

Apparently the Aktimate Mini+ is quite crisp and a little bright. (A user did a great review here, http://www.head-fi.org/t/669119/swan-h5-v-s-aktimate-mini-mini-review) so It stands to reason that the 15.32 would make sense, however this is really my first setup better than a crappy pair of logitech speakers with nothing in between, so I'm not sure if I might like the more detailed 11.32?

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks guys

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #1,049 of 3,093

Turn On pc wait until everything has loaded
turn On 11.32 
switch input to USB
connect it to the pc via usb

run installer...  

Hi Johnnyhi, thanks for the reply.

I've tried what you said, it still fails.

Also, another question is: before the installation of the drivers, and when I switch on a plugged in NFB11.32, is Windows supposed to not recognise it? I ask this because I constantly get the 'usb device not recognised' pop-up again and again.

Edit: Update - For some strange reason, when I tried switching the USB connection to my right USB port, it worked. I actually have 3 ports, 2 on the left, 1 on the right, for some reason both ports on the left don't work. Is there a way to get it to work with my left USB ports? Because I need the right port for a mouse. Thanks.
Thanks.

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #1,050 of 3,093
is it possible that the 2 ports on the left are not usb 2.0?  I originally also had a lot of problems installing my 11.32 until I realized that the USB ports on the back of my computer weren't usb 2.0, while the 2 front ports were.  Once I plugged it into 2.0 ports, installation went fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back