Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Mar 17, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #1,831 of 3,093
My NFB-11 setup for speakers: PC -> USB -> NFB-11 -> RCA preouts -> XLR inputs on a stereo Hypex amp. With this setup, I get a slight PC interference noise from the speakers that changes with varying loads on the computer - typical crappy PC sound. The moment I disconnect the USB cable the background gets dead quiet, so it's not a problem with the pre-amp or the amplifier itself. Also no noise over the headphones. Anyways, has anyone tried any USB isolators or perhaps disconnecting the ground or power leads on the USB cable? I thought that the USB implementation in the NFB-11 would ignore or isolate the power noise, but it doesn't seem so.

I can easily switch to using optical instead of USB, but just asking...

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #1,832 of 3,093
^^
FWIW, my problem is a ground loop. Since my stereo amp is a DIY project, disconnecting the main's earth connection solves the USB noise problem. I guess my next USB DAC will have to be balanced. :)

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #1,833 of 3,093
Today, my new nfb-11 (2014 version) just received. After the installation of the driver and the new settings in foobar2000 (newest version), i have no sound on my headphones? Windows 8.1 added the driver successfully. The blue led is on and the driver was installed successfully for the second time. Output is on HP, Gain is on Low and the Input on USB. On the VIA ASIO software by output i can choose between Speakers - (Audio-gd) and OUT - (Audio-gd). The speaker is selected. On the Inputs Ports i can choose between Line In - (Audio-gd) and SPDIF RX1- (Audio-gd). The Line In is selected. On the foobar2000 settings i can choose between Speaker - (Audio-gd) and SPDIF - (Audio-gd). The speaker is selected. On the official guide on their website there is a option about asio, but i can't choose that anywhere. What is the problem? I'm very worried about. I hope the device isn't broken. The device is connected over a usb-cable.
Thanks for any help! :)

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,834 of 3,093
  Today, my new nfb-11 (2014 version) just received. After the installation of the driver and the new settings in foobar2000 (newest version), i have no sound on my headphones? Windows 8.1 added the driver successfully. The blue led is on and the driver was installed successfully for the second time. Output is on HP, Gain is on Low and the Input on USB. On the VIA ASIO software by output i can choose between Speakers - (Audio-gd) and OUT - (Audio-gd). The speaker is selected. On the Inputs Ports i can choose between Line In - (Audio-gd) and SPDIF RX1- (Audio-gd). The Line In is selected. On the foobar2000 settings i can choose between Speaker - (Audio-gd) and SPDIF - (Audio-gd). The speaker is selected. On the official guide on their website there is a option about asio, but i can't choose that anywhere. What is the problem? I'm very worried about. I hope the device isn't broken. The device is connected over a usb-cable.
Thanks for any help! :)

sounds like the asio settings. did you try outputting it by direct sound to see if it is the asio settings?. change the output device to the nfb-11 in your media player and see if that helps.

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #1,835 of 3,093
Hey folks! I purchased an 11.32 about 6 months ago (August 2014)---and i've been using it happily ever since. Starting a few weeks ago though, I'm getting a bunch of jitter/stutter in my audio playback, and I can't figure out why. Here's my setup:

Macbook Pro (2014), OS X 10.10
Audio-GD 11.32
Mr Speakers Mad Dog Pro

I'm hooking up the 11.32 to a USB port directly on my mac.

Recently playing audio from any source on my mac---spotify, tomahawk (another media player), etc, all play fine for a few minutes then start dropping in/out, stuttering, etc. It basically makes it impossible to listen to. I can't work out what's changed, or how to start debugging what's going on.

Any ideas?

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,837 of 3,093
Hi, can anyone tell me if the low gain is suitable to drive iem on the nfb-11? I currently have a magni 1 and its gain is too high for my iem. I'm using Dita truth and DT880 250 ohms. Thank you guys! Really look forward to this unit if its capable of driving sensitive iem with playing volume on the knob. :)

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #1,838 of 3,093
Hi, can anyone tell me if the low gain is suitable to drive iem on the nfb-11? I currently have a magni 1 and its gain is too high for my iem. I'm using Dita truth and DT880 250 ohms. Thank you guys! Really look forward to this unit if its capable of driving sensitive iem with playing volume on the knob.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, with low gain you can use ultra sensitive IEMS, probably will drive the DT880 250s around 2pm on low gain to good levels as well.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,842 of 3,093
Thanks! I'm also considering Ifi idsd micro for a little more money. Any idea how it fare against each other?

Unless I'm missing something here (like you need portability) I don't think that's even a proper comparison. The Audio-GD should win in all depts besides portability.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #1,844 of 3,093
Hello guys, I was on a research path for the best DAC on a budget and was impressed by the specs/description of the NFB 11. I'm thinking to buy the 2015 version and would be grateful if anybody would please tell me:

* How does the NFB 11 compare to the NFB 15? I've read a few negative things about the 15 and I want the Sabre chip this one has anyway

* How does the NFB 11 compare to it's larger, yet similar counterpart the flagship NFB 27 (or similar 28 / 29)?

I'm thinking this should have all the sound quality of the 27/28/29 but just in a more portable package and without too many unneeded connection options. Am I wrong? Anyway the sound I'm looking for is:
flat, tonally balanced sound signature with good soundstage imaging and instrument separation with highs that are detailed yet not overly harsh.
So please if you would advise me if the NFB 11 would suit my preferences. The other DACs I'm seriously considering are the HRT microStreamer or HRT Music Streamer III, and Peachtree Audio DAC-iT. So if somebody has experience with any of these, please tell me which one would be more likely to suit my needs? Thanks!!

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #1,845 of 3,093
  Hello guys, I was on a research path for the best DAC on a budget and was impressed by the specs/description of the NFB 11. I'm thinking to buy the 2015 version and would be grateful if anybody would please tell me:

* How does the NFB 11 compare to the NFB 15? I've read a few negative things about the 15 and I want the Sabre chip this one has anyway

* How does the NFB 11 compare to it's larger, yet similar counterpart the flagship NFB 27 (or similar 28 / 29)?

I'm thinking this should have all the sound quality of the 27/28/29 but just in a more portable package and without too many unneeded connection options. Am I wrong? Anyway the sound I'm looking for is:
flat, tonally balanced sound signature with good soundstage imaging and instrument separation with highs that are detailed yet not overly harsh.
So please if you would advise me if the NFB 11 would suit my preferences. The other DACs I'm seriously considering are the HRT microStreamer or HRT Music Streamer III, and Peachtree Audio DAC-iT. So if somebody has experience with any of these, please tell me which one would be more likely to suit my needs? Thanks!!

NFB-28/29 are much better than NFB-11/15 and you will hear the difference easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back