Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jul 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #796 of 3,093
Quote:
Hello guys! Been reading this thread and finally ordered an 11.32. Hope its great for my he500 which I'm using with the xonarstx and matrix m stage right now.

Congratz!!!

Post some impressions if you can when you receive it.

Cheers!!

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #797 of 3,093
Quote:

Hi Ray....Where ya been...long time.....
beerchug.gif

Yes sir, I kinda like the Ultrasones....
biggrin.gif

Well, in owning the 11.32 for about 10 months now and throwing various phones at it, the conclusion is this for me:

It will let your phones be what they intended to be.  No coloring, no detraction and lets them shine.  It is a detail monster without being harsh.  Reveals everything...Vocals are just awesome...
Lossy files will let you know they are lossy though.  The artifacts they are missing will be revealed, with no true extension to the music.  You feed it lossless and it will keep you very happy.

I have been using the PRO900s quite a bit recently with the 11.32.  Great match...The delicious bass is there of course but very controlled.  The transparency goes very well with the 'Sones in general.  In This Moment's A Star-Crossed Wasteland has been on repeat for a while.....This combo does love Maria's voice...lol

Cheers!!!

Hey HF, just been mostly reading up on things here and trying to hold off on buying because there are so many things I want. lol

Thanks for you comments.

I am very tempted to go for this but not sure if I should get it stock, or with the various upgrades. I usually am the type that goes for a few bells and whistles...

And my understanding is that this is plug and play with Macs?

Thanks again.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #799 of 3,093
Thank god the installation went without a hitch. Works fine on my laptop. Yet to test it on my Desktop although I don't expect any major problems there either. Some quirks with the operation though. For example, using VIAAsio in Foobar, the you tube videos and other applications would output audio via the computer speakers. Need to change to DS for everything to work in tandem. But this was covered in the earlier threads. Also there is a slight click when I change songs. Slightly irritating. I hope its because the processor in my laptop isnt powerful enough to handle the transitions (i3 low voltage). I've been using it for 3 hours now. It runs very hot (its always summer in Singapore). Laptop -> Foobar VIAASIO -> USB -> 11.32 -> He-500 (Blue Dragon Cables). Definitely a significant improvement from my previous setup. Xonar STX -> Matrix M Stage OPA627 -> He-500 (Blue Dragon cables).

The bass is tighter and has more impact/slam! Loving it. Also I feel slightly more body and extends deeper.

The mids aren't much different, except it doesn't sound as harsh/peaky and grainy. Its great still. Just that it hasn't changed much.

The treble is mind blowingly good, gobs more detail and texture. Not at all harsh. 

Soundstage bigger, I can hear that its wider. Not concert hall wide, maybe Hard Rock Cafe wide. Can make out the ever so slight echo. Still better than my previous setup which felt closed in and very congested at times. This is a welcome change for me. The separation and imaging is quite astounding. I can hear much much more details all round, 

Tone wise, I think this is a rather neutral and transparent dac+amp combo which suits me fine. The previous setup is slightly warm sounding. While it is neutral, everything sounds fuller, well weighted, not too dry. Definitely not dull either. Induces some serious toe tapping, even singing and distracts from focusing on work.
L3000.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #800 of 3,093
The instrument separation is exquisite with the new 11.32 on my HE500. Listening to some Ronald Jenkee right now and literally every sound in the music is originating from its own 3D position in the projected space, completely separate from other sounds and tones.

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #801 of 3,093
Quote:
The instrument separation is exquisite with the new 11.32 on my HE500. Listening to some Ronald Jenkee right now and literally every sound in the music is originating from its own 3D position in the projected space, completely separate from other sounds and tones.

Can you try driving HE-400 and HE-500 from the DAC Variable output on high gain? I think I may prefer HE-400 that way, not sure.

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #802 of 3,093
Quote:

Can you try driving HE-400 and HE-500 from the DAC Variable output on high gain? I think I may prefer HE-400 that way, not sure.

The low gain is not even enough vol. on my HE500 a lot of the times, I just have it on high gain by default, with the knob at 11~12 o'clock.

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #803 of 3,093
Quote:
The low gain is not even enough vol. on my HE500 a lot of the times, I just have it on high gain by default, with the knob at 11~12 o'clock.

Other than the volume, how do you like the sound of the "Variable" output vs. "HP" output?

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #804 of 3,093
Quote:

Other than the volume, how do you like the sound of the "Variable" output vs. "HP" output?

The Variable DAC output mode doesn't create any sound... I don't have another amp to connect to the DAC-only of the 11.32.

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #805 of 3,093
Quote:
The Variable DAC output mode doesn't create any sound... I don't have another amp to connect to the DAC-only of the 11.32.

The Variable DAC mode drives the RCA output in the back, not the 6.5mm HP output in the front.
You need an RCA->3.5mm cable to drive the headphones from it.

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #806 of 3,093
Quote:

The Variable DAC mode drives the RCA output in the back, not the 6.5mm HP output in the front.

I see, thanks. Well at the moment I do not have an RCA->3.5mm adapter, maybe I'll buy a set in the future and test it out.

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #807 of 3,093
Jul 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #808 of 3,093
Quote:

why would you want to do that?
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #810 of 3,093
pretty sure thats not a good thing to do, but hey its your headphones. enjoy.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back