Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jul 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #736 of 3,093
Quote:
are these any good for use on speakers instead  of headphones?

I'm thinking of replacing my Soundcard Asus Essence Stx with a DAC, to use with my speakers ( Adam A3X).
Will the sound quality be much better? if not, are there any other dac in their catalog that i should be looking at

Since Adam A3X has built-in amplifiers, there shouldn't be any problem driving them.
You will love the sound of ES9018.

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #738 of 3,093
Quote:

Since Adam A3X has built-in amplifiers, there shouldn't be any problem driving them.
You will love the sound of ES9018.

Hi,
Since I dont need any amp, is there any other audio-gd DAC that is a pure dac? probably by not having a amp in it, i think it might provide bettter sound quality to my speakers....?

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #739 of 3,093
Quote:
Hi,
Since I dont need any amp, is there any other audio-gd DAC that is a pure dac? probably by not having a amp in it, i think it might provide bettter sound quality to my speakers....?

NFB-11.23 has a DAC out RCA, so you are covered.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #740 of 3,093
Quote:
Hi,

Since the Adam's are powered speakers, an all-in-one solution works great imo.  You use it as a pre-amp and control the volume from amp/dac without messing with the speaker volume once it's set.  If you get headphones down the line, you're covered too without unplugging anything.

I have used the NFB-11.32 & NFB-15.1 as pre-amps to my KRKs and Audioengines.  Works and sounds great.

Cheers!

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #741 of 3,093
Quote:

Since the Adam's are powered speakers, an all-in-one solution works great imo.  You use it as a pre-amp and control the volume from amp/dac without messing with the speaker volume once it's set.  If you get headphones down the line, you're covered too without unplugging anything.

I have used the NFB-11.32 & NFB-15.1 as pre-amps to my KRKs and Audioengines.  Works and sounds great.

Cheers!

Oh hmm, I dont really use the speaker's volume button. My speakers are connected to my soundcard ( currently using essence stx), so i adjust my volume via the windows settings.

Have you perhaps tried the essence stx? any comments on how this dac sounds against the soundcard?

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #742 of 3,093
Quote:

Oh hmm, I dont really use the speaker's volume button. My speakers are connected to my soundcard ( currently using essence stx), so i adjust my volume via the windows settings.

Have you perhaps tried the essence stx? any comments on how this dac sounds against the soundcard?

well i had the essence st previously... although great sound for a soundcard, but it doesn't hold a candle to 11.32...

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #744 of 3,093
Quote:
will be waiting for your review with the he500... what was the amp you were using before??

A measly FiiO E17. It drives the 500s loud enough, but that's about all it does.

But yea my 11.32 is in Ohio at the moment, hopefully it'll arrive at my doorsteps tomorrow, or at worst the day after.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #747 of 3,093
Quote:
A measly FiiO E17. It drives the 500s loud enough, but that's about all it does.

But yea my 11.32 is in Ohio at the moment, hopefully it'll arrive at my doorsteps tomorrow, or at worst the day after.

I think I'll end up waiting for your review for these along with the HE-500s before I make the leap. Anticipating great things! :)

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #748 of 3,093
Quote:
I think I'll end up waiting for your review for these along with the HE-500s before I make the leap. Anticipating great things! :)

i could give a review of both but i haven't really tested the he500 with anything other than 11.32 to know if there is much difference from lesser sources... hd650, on the other hand, sings crazy tunes with it...

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #750 of 3,093
Quote:
Man the shipping was fast; just got these earlier today, installing drivers now.

Can't wait to hear your impressions 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back